News Dahlhaus to challenge 1 match suspension - challenge successful, free to play against Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Dahlhaus is free to play. He escapes with a fine of $1500.

Tribunal Chairman David Jones: Not clearly satisfied on balance of probabilities that the contact was high. They were not clearly satisfied on balance of probabilities that forceful contact with ground by the head occurred as a result of the tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does Michael Christian in the role of MRO start getting questioned by the AFL media - I may be wrong, but feels like teams are being more successful when going to the tribunal this year than previous years, and that's surely not a good look for the MRO

If those sanctions had all been upheld, you have to wonder how the game would continue. How would smaller guys tackle the larger ones if they could not use momentum to wrestle them down. I'm not talking a bigger guy slinging a smaller one down hard. The smaller guys can only grab and hang on like they're tackling Jonah Lomu? Will the only point of citation be if the head hits the turf? How about requiring the ball carrier to release the ball and try to protect himself?
I like the suggestions I've seen around, first blow the whistle more quickly when a tackler has hands on a carrier. Second, ping the illegal disposals and HTBs more stringently. Third, get rid of that 'he made a genuine attempt to dispose' crap. He missed the ball, illegal disposal.

When does Michael Christian in the role of MRO start getting questioned by the AFL media - I may be wrong, but feels like teams are being more successful when going to the tribunal this year than previous years, and that's surely not a good look for the MRO
If he had any self respect he would stand down. Has no clue whatsoever.

Justice ? Where’s the justice for Crozier for not winning his challenge for the exact same tackle a month ago?
Get a better lawyer.

Justice ? Where’s the justice for Crozier for not winning his challenge for the exact same tackle a month ago?

Mahony's head hit the ground and he went off the ground bleeding. Dala was successful in his challenge under the argument that Crouch's head never hit the ground (which it didn't)

Mahony's head hit the ground and he went off the ground bleeding. Dala was successful in his challenge under the argument that Crouch's head never hit the ground (which it didn't)
And one was a perfectly executed tackle by crozier and the other was a sling by Dahlhaus. Crozier didn’t sling him at all or release him. What was he supposed to do? 7200DA40-4A18-4C16-876E-85617226FC3F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back