Jun 5, 2008
In amongst it all
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Queensland State of Origin
Here's a quick video I've uploaded of Blues vs Pies Rd 23 1992
Blues were 3rd on the ladder Pies 4th.
Blues had won 6 on the trot and needed to win 1 of the last 2 games of the year (Coll & WC away) to secure a top 6 finals birth.

Take note of the sound of the flare going off as the ball sails through the middle of the sticks.

Yeah, I was there too, it was one of those games where the standing room was so full that people were sitting in the aisles, which happened a few times at Waverley.

Great video.:)

sitting.

you were lucky. (in a yorkshire accent)

i was standing on a pipe behind the back row of the upper tier in a gap about 9 inches wide. and that gap was packed all the way around too. had to hang on to the roof to stop yourself from falling forward.

the government put a limit on ground capacity after the two games in 81. hence the official total of 77000.

sitting.

i was standing on a pipe behind the back row of the upper tier in a gap about 9 inches wide. and that gap was packed all the way around too. had to hang on to the roof to stop yourself from falling forward.

the government put a limit on ground capacity after the two games in 81. hence the official total of 77000.
And you were thankful for it!

sitting.

We've been AFL members since the days when it was VFL Park membership, so we would have been in the Members area that day, while you peasants fought it out in the outer.:cool:

We've been AFL members since the days when it was VFL Park membership, so we would have been in the Members area that day, while you peasants fought it out in the outer.:cool:

haha nice try.

i was then an AFL member too, but went with some mates who didnt want to pay for guest passes.

last time i did that too. :mad:

And you tell the young kids of today and they won't believe ya.
Watch out or this could end up in a parrot sketch.
The thread could go on as long as Roget's Thesaurus allows.

Yeah, I was there too, it was one of those games where the standing room was so full that people were sitting in the aisles, which happened a few times at Waverley.

Great video.:)

Im planning on uploading full highlights from the match (including Carlton's goals) late next week.
Hopefully I can upload a 20-30min video.

is this the game dorotich completely balls'd up when kicking out, jamming his foot into the ground several times ?
Nah, I think he balls'd up when he was in a car didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our dad would slice us in 2 with a bread knife

Probably saves a couple of pages of quotes.:p

I was about to say, I got to bed half an hour before i got up....."

sitting.

i would like to apologise to the OP for bringing your thread into disrepute by innocently uttering a python line and turning the thread into a celebration of all things 'back in my day'.

thankfully swooop added his piece and gave it validity :thumbsu:

Yes all of you who have suggested the crowd was well above the "official" 77000 are spot on. 90000 would be more like it.

I distinctly remember the league announcing after this game that Collingwood and Carlton would never again meet anywhere except the MCG.

They broke this promise once. In 2000 when they allowed Carlton to host us at Princes Park thanks to a fixturing blunder they made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back