Daily Special - June

Remove this Banner Ad

A tough month for everyone in May - hopefully we see a few international selections this month as the racing really hots up in Europe.

6f776-baesuzy252812529.gif

Epsom Oaks - Minding @ 5/4

1-0, +1.25

Epsom Derby - 4.Cloth Of Stars @ 9/1

One of the most open Derby's in living memory. Most of the UK and Irish horses have been taking turns in the lead ups so I am going to go with a completely different form line and go for the winner of the French Trial in Cloth of Stars. Trainer/jockey double took this race in 2011 with Pour Moi and hopefully can do the job again today.

Epsom Derby - 4.Cloth Of Stars @ 9/1

1-1, +0.25

French Derby - 3.Mekhtaal @ 6/1

Was waiting to see the Epsom result before committing here as a couple I liked (Robin of Navan & Foundation) had form through a couple of Derby runners who disappointed overnight. That makes me think Mekhtaal is good value in current markets after scoring in dominant fashion in the Deauville trial last time out. Admittedly that was good and this will be a bog which is some concern but he did win his debut on a wet surface so might be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4:20 - Royal Ascot - 7.The Gurkha @ 11/8

Dominant winner of his last two including a stunning win in the French Guineas. Before that broke his maiden with a 9 length romp on Heavy so should love the track surface today. Gets his chance to prove himself the best miler of his generation today.

Diamond Jubilee - Magical Memory @ 7/2

Sprinter who has really hit his straps in the last 18 months winning 4 of his last 5. Only defeat was third in the G1 Betfred Sprint Cup when he still went huge. Twilight Song beat him that day but the latter hasn't maintained his form while Magical Memory has. 4 for 4 with Frankie on - hopefully can make it a handful today.

Diamond Jubilee - Magical Memory @ 7/2

3-4, +0.1 (61-158, +22.29)

French Oaks - Ballydoyle @ 7/2

Aidan had a storming finish to Royal Ascot and I think he can continue that run by taking the French Oaks tonight. Ballydoyle's run in the 1000 Guineas was arguably every bit as good as Minding's running on strong from the back of the field. While the former has been taking all before her since then, Ballydoyle has been saved for this, and should be primed for a big performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back