Daily Terrorgraph ... absolute joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
NYJets, Australia
one tiny story about the draw on their website. The editor and sports editor should both be sacked, they are definitely not doing their job of reporting the news.
They honestly have no idea how to run a business.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Dude, their demographic doesn't interesect with the AFL watching sydneysider for the most part, and where there is an overlap, an interested person is likely to be able to source their news elsewhere.

I'd say they've got a decent idea what they're doing.

Oct 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How much NRL do you think there would be on the Hun website if the positions were reversed? Have you stopped to consider that the people of Sydney just don't give a crap about a Collingwood-St Kilda GF??

one tiny story about the draw on their website. The editor and sports editor should both be sacked, they are definitely not doing their job of reporting the news.
They honestly have no idea how to run a business.

It's pure unadulterated jealousy by Sydney people. They know the NRL could never match the AFL for excitement, crowds, and everything else.

Jul 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
NYJets, Australia
Dude, their demographic doesn't interesect with the AFL watching sydneysider for the most part, and where there is an overlap, an interested person is likely to be able to source their news elsewhere.

How much NRL do you think there would be on the Hun website if the positions were reversed? Have you stopped to consider that the people of Sydney just don't give a crap about a Collingwood-St Kilda GF??

it would be front page news on the Herald Sun and Age websites definitely. I am from Sydney and a fair few people that i know and who did not watch the game today are interested in watching next weeks game.
The DT editors have a very clear anti football bias.

Oct 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
it would be front page news on the Herald Sun and Age websites definitely. I am from Sydney and a fair few people that i know and who did not watch the game today are interested in watching next weeks game.
The DT editors have a very clear anti football bias.

So your saying that if we had our Prelim Finals tonight, that a Dragons-Roosters NRL GF played today would be the leading sports story in Melb. Your dreaming buddy...

Jul 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
NYJets, Australia
So your saying that if we had our Prelim Finals tonight, that a Dragons-Roosters NRL GF played today would be the leading sports story in Melb. Your dreaming buddy...

there are about three main stories on those websites. they should have the football as one

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic

It would get more than a one paragraph mention 10 pages into the sports section, especially if it was a drawn GF, which is all coverage the Terrorgraph and Paul Kent ever give the AFL.

There is a clear fear and bias against the AFL from this paper. Living in Sydney, it's simply undeniable and even the most die-hard league supporters I know over here (including my GF) can admit to seeing it clear as day.

Would almost be OK if the rest of the paper wasn't utter shite as well.

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants
It would get more than a one paragraph mention 10 pages into the sports section, especially if it was a drawn GF, which is all coverage the Terrorgraph and Paul Kent ever give the AFL.

There is a clear fear and bias against the AFL from this paper. Living in Sydney, it's simply undeniable and even the most die-hard league supporters I know over here (including my GF) can admit to seeing it clear as day.

Would almost be OK if the rest of the paper wasn't utter shite as well.

Absolutely spot on, they had a short story yesterday basically laughing at GWS because they "only" had 4000 members in Canberra........think about that for a minute.............

Seriously, one of the biggest NRL clubs in Manly barely had that last year.

They are an absolute joke, the hatred is astounding.

I watched Channel 9 news in Sydney tonight out of interest as well, and there wasn't a mention of the game until a 10 second grab at about 6.12, after stories about such riveting items as the strong exchange rate and the increased prevalence of hayfever :rolleyes:

At least Channel 7 led their bulletin with it.

Beaussie

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Western Sydney

The ratings race: Footy fascination splits the nation - the AFL grand final, part one
September 20, 2010

At 5pm yesterday, 1.69 million people in Melbourne (half the population of that city) and 530,000 people in Sydney were tuned in to what was supposed to be this year's grand final of the AFL. That suggests next Saturday's live replay will break viewing records.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/blogs...-afl-grand-final-part-one/20100920-15iez.html

530,000 viewers in Sydney on Saturday afternoon is just about as good as the NRL preliminary final on Friday night. Not suprised by the pathetic reporting of the AFL Grand Final from the anti-AFL Daily Telegraph. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Averaged 368k in Sydney - possibly a little more given that's the Channel 7 figure which most likely doesn't include 7mate.

2.8m average nationally. Maybe a couple of hundred thou more for the same reason. Which is pretty good for 2 Melbourne teams - obviously nowhere near the ratings for 05 and 06.

scotty88

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
What are you guys on about:confused: The DT devoted 2 whole pages previewing the AFL Grand final yesterday and Im pretty sure they'll have 2 or 3 pages on the AFL in todays paper as they have all year in the Sunday DT.

NRL will obviously get more coverage but 2 - 3 pages on AFL (with no Sydney team) is a fair amount coverage for a sydney paper. The online website is different obviously.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Not to mention that it's owner also own half of the NRL and half of the teams. This attutude is not a new phenomenon.

The draw is a massive pain in the arse for the NRL.

Fair point there. What a whore Murdoch is though. In Melbourne, where AFL rules, his Herald Sun is, almost exclusively, an Aussie footy paper, in terms of sports reporting, for twelve months of the year.

In Sydney, where half the income from his ARL operations is generated, he chooses to boost League instead, and makes out AFL isn't happening. Surprising that.

At least Channel 7 led their bulletin with it.

Yeah , the voiceover went something like this - " The AFL grand final labelled a JOKE !!!! " - not " One of the greatest grand finals in history !!! "

2nd story was about how the NRL gf is NEXT weekend ( in case we forgot )......barely a mention of the semi to be played 90 mins later between ST George / Wests :rolleyes:
Funniest part is 7 have NEVER supported AFL up here , 9 aren't much better.
Channel 10 is the best friend the AFL ever had up here.

Daily Telegraph - Murdoch paper - NUFF SAID !!!!!!!!!

and Im pretty sure they'll have 2 or 3 pages on the AFL in todays paper as they have all year in the Sunday DT.
Back page of the ST today -

A ustralian
F ootball
L aughing stock

chardonnay

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2010
east of Widgiemooltha
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair point there. What a whore Murdoch is though. In Melbourne, where AFL rules, his Herald Sun is, almost exclusively, an Aussie footy paper, in terms of sports reporting, for twelve months of the year.

In Sydney, where half the income from his ARL operations is generated, he chooses to boost League instead, and makes out AFL isn't happening. Surprising that.

Sell your shares in News you goose. What sort of financial wizard would have footy of any code dictate, a real dick (a skilts?) thats who, certainly not a real Rupert.
http://www.newscorp.com/

Sep 10, 2008
Bondi Beach
AFL Club
Sydney
to be fair in 2006 when Swans v Eagles GF was same week as Storm v Brisbane GF

both sydney papers had front & back pages on swans for most of the week & day after the GF loss.

I doubt this happened in The Age & Herald Sun.

In saying that there are NRL people at both Sydney papers who like to bring down AFL, they are just jealous of another week of AFL!!:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back