TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
I swear channel 7 give her roles purely to fit in with the PC world. Give roles to the best person, not sex, age or color. Theres a women that does Game Day, she is great. The rest are pretty ordinary.
Who’s the rest? Sarah Jones and Neroli Meadows are pretty good hosts. Far better than Hamish or bloody Luke Darcy..surely?

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think whatever she cones up with is worth 50 of the boofhead horse s**t uttered by Richardson, Ling or Darcy.

You dont like a higher pitched voice.... ok. But make sure you level a few a the ball clenched tones of Nick Dal Santo.

Kelly Underwood was bad. A not ready commentator thrown in before she was ready to appease the PC police. But I for one like Daisy's coverage when shes not being used as a boundary tart asking mindless questions.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Serious question, what happened to Tiff Cherry, Sam Lane and Christy Malthouse? They were everywhere in the 00s. Did something happen or were they just deemed old and phased out for younger types?

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Daisy speaks like a nervous Bob Murphy, has a unique way with her words but sounds like she's almost scared to say them.

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 23, 2014
Top of the AFLM ladder
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, NY Rangers
She's probably the best of the regular special comments people on Channel 7, though that's not saying much really. She's not there for any affirmative action reason. Even if she's not the best person for the job, neither are most of the white male presenters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombermania

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Serious question, what happened to Tiff Cherry, Sam Lane and Christy Malthouse? They were everywhere in the 00s. Did something happen or were they just deemed old and phased out for younger types?
Tiffany Cherry does a lot of MC at club functions.

Sam Lane is I believe still at 7 and possibly still at the Age.

Christy seems to have disappeared from TV land and the last I heard was playing motherhood.

Rodney Dangerfield

Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool,Bournemouth
It’s funny I reckon because if you park all the bulls**t aside Daisy legitimately makes a lot of sense about footy. There are blokes who have played over 10 years of AFL in her role too that speak utter nonsense.
I’m no champion for it either believe me i work in a job that is very much divisive in that regard and I agree that it’s bulls**t what’s taking place. But in this instance I’ve not read one decent argument as to why she can’t do it and my ears tell me she’s better than most.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
I'm no feminist but this is a sh1t and disrespectful post.

She's the best footy player of her gender and has seriously good knowledge.

Slight mono tone but overall very good and insightful
Agree with all of this, other than the best player of her gender. Erin Phillips has been consistently better.

However, everything else is bang on. Pearce is an excellent analyst.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tiffany Cherry does a lot of MC at club functions.

Sam Lane is I believe still at 7 and possibly still at the Age.

Christy seems to have disappeared from TV land and the last I heard was playing motherhood.
Cool. Tiff Cherry was hot stuff back in the day. 😍

Daisy's not too bad. I think ppl form a view early and shut up shop. I'll admit I've grown to like her.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Reckon she is excellent on radio , as good as any of the guys as far as analysing the game . Far listen to her then a lot of the boys club , knows what she is talking about and doesn’t muck around .

A little nervy on TV perhaps but seriously who is better anyway ? !

Top Bottom