Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

And does it well.

i dont agree necessarily. although its bloody hard doing a show with kids i must say. she seems to speak before formulating what she is going to say, hence the pauses. Although she is definitely NOT alone with this trait. Seasoned afl personalities are much worse.

i dont agree necessarily. although its bloody hard doing a show with kids i must say. she seems to speak before formulating what she is going to say, hence the pauses. Although she is definitely NOT alone with this trait. Seasoned afl personalities are much worse.

It's a tough gig.

I love Daisy Pearce's work as boundary rider. Easily one of the more competent people I've seen in that role. Articulate, knowledgeable, doesn't speak s**t. Unlike every other after-match interview out on the ground, hers are never a complete waste of time. She actually asks the footballers worthwhile questions and you can see the players respect her.

As for the cretins who constantly bag her on these boards, it's helpful to know which people I can ignore

You mean like when Tom Hawkins got suspended, she interviewed him post match and did not even mention it? That’s negligent journalism

You mean like when Tom Hawkins got suspended, she interviewed him post match and did not even mention it? That’s negligent journalism
What was she supposed to say. "Gee Tom, that was a decent whack you handed out, reckon you'll get games?"

He stands there unable to answer.

So forums and Twitter goes into meltdown at her then asking a question like that. Can't win.

Reckon a few just get stuck into her for sport. She knows her stuff and is learning all the time.

What was she supposed to say. "Gee Tom, that was a decent whack you handed out, reckon you'll get games?"

He stands there unable to answer.

So forums and Twitter goes into meltdown at her then asking a question like that. Can't win.

Reckon a few just get stuck into her for sport. She knows her stuff and is learning all the time.

It’s negligent to not ask the question in that moment and any decent media personality would have. That was all the public wanted to hear at that point in time and Fox footy even called her out for it and made a point of asking him in the rooms after.

I’m not interested in getting stuck into her for sport just think she’s had a long enough crack at it and there’s plenty more capable candidates out there (this applies to 70% of channel 7’s boys club commentary team too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have met her a number of times both before and since her media/aflw career took off and she’s an awesome person + great ambassador for the game.
Last year (understandably) she was a bit shaky on BL night but thought she did pretty well last night

Yep, comes across really well. Rather watch and listen to her than the rest of the complete spankers that stain my screen with absolute dribble week in, week out. Her lack of ego is also refreshing.

I thought she made the show watchable. differently better than half of channel 7's so called talent.

Each to their own, we can definitely agree that channel 7’s talent pool is pretty thin across the board, especially on match day.

Each to their own, we can definitely agree that channel 7’s talent pool is pretty thin across the board, especially on match day.

But that is the problem, the talent at 7 is so poor there is no pressure to up the standards. I'm not saying Daisy is great because she isn't but I would have her ahead of some of the others at 7.

Daisy is great on that SEN morning radio show where she takes phone calls from Auskick kids. Speaks to them on their level without sounding condescending or awkward, where as men generally do when they have to talk to random kids for more than 1 minute. Not easy to get kids to engage in conversation outside yes and no answers, but she manages to make it as cringeless as possible. I reckon Kindy or PS teacher is her true calling.

Very good on SEN with Gaz and Tim, always offers thorough analysis.
You mustn’t have heard her interviewing Tiarna Ernst. It was cringeworthy.

I don’t like too many commentators if I’m being fair, I really enjoyed Nathan Buckley’s special comments before he was back at Collingwood though his voice is quite monotone as well as Daisy Pierce.

I cant stand listening to her voice. Nothing to do with her being female. Happy for Shelley Ware or Mel McLauchlan to give it a crack at presenting AFL on Fox Footy or Ch 7.

Daisy is great on that SEN morning radio show where she takes phone calls from Auskick kids. Speaks to them on their level without sounding condescending or awkward, where as men generally do when they have to talk to random kids for more than 1 minute. Not easy to get kids to engage in conversation outside yes and no answers, but she manages to make it as cringeless as possible. I reckon Kindy or PS teacher is her true calling.
Can’t disagree.

Daisy’s opinions are fine and her down-to-earth persona is refreshing. It’s just the voice for me.

She’s very good on game comments. They really should try moving her into the box. Just not a good interviewer like many footy player media people. Ling, Richo are crap at it as well.

The interviews after a game should be done by a journo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back