Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear channel 7 give her roles purely to fit in with the PC world. Give roles to the best person, not sex, age or color. Theres a women that does Game Day, she is great. The rest are pretty ordinary.

Who’s the rest? Sarah Jones and Neroli Meadows are pretty good hosts. Far better than Hamish or bloody Luke Darcy..surely?

I think whatever she cones up with is worth 50 of the boofhead horse s**t uttered by Richardson, Ling or Darcy.

You dont like a higher pitched voice.... ok. But make sure you level a few a the ball clenched tones of Nick Dal Santo.

Kelly Underwood was bad. A not ready commentator thrown in before she was ready to appease the PC police. But I for one like Daisy's coverage when shes not being used as a boundary tart asking mindless questions.

Serious question, what happened to Tiff Cherry, Sam Lane and Christy Malthouse? They were everywhere in the 00s. Did something happen or were they just deemed old and phased out for younger types?

Daisy speaks like a nervous Bob Murphy, has a unique way with her words but sounds like she's almost scared to say them.

She's probably the best of the regular special comments people on Channel 7, though that's not saying much really. She's not there for any affirmative action reason. Even if she's not the best person for the job, neither are most of the white male presenters.

Serious question, what happened to Tiff Cherry, Sam Lane and Christy Malthouse? They were everywhere in the 00s. Did something happen or were they just deemed old and phased out for younger types?

Tiffany Cherry does a lot of MC at club functions.

Sam Lane is I believe still at 7 and possibly still at the Age.

Christy seems to have disappeared from TV land and the last I heard was playing motherhood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny I reckon because if you park all the bullshit aside Daisy legitimately makes a lot of sense about footy. There are blokes who have played over 10 years of AFL in her role too that speak utter nonsense.
I’m no champion for it either believe me i work in a job that is very much divisive in that regard and I agree that it’s bullshit what’s taking place. But in this instance I’ve not read one decent argument as to why she can’t do it and my ears tell me she’s better than most.

I'm no feminist but this is a sh1t and disrespectful post.

She's the best footy player of her gender and has seriously good knowledge.

Slight mono tone but overall very good and insightful
Agree with all of this, other than the best player of her gender. Erin Phillips has been consistently better.

However, everything else is bang on. Pearce is an excellent analyst.

Not a bad looking broad, decent analyst
Not bad looking? Toyota enquired if they could advertise on her forehead, as an analyst she's not very good, captain obvious mostly but she's far from alone there, she does seem uncomfortable behind the camera though.

Tiffany Cherry does a lot of MC at club functions.

Sam Lane is I believe still at 7 and possibly still at the Age.

Christy seems to have disappeared from TV land and the last I heard was playing motherhood.

Cool. Tiff Cherry was hot stuff back in the day. 😍

Daisy's not too bad. I think ppl form a view early and shut up shop. I'll admit I've grown to like her.

Cool. Tiff Cherry was hot stuff back in the day. 😍

Daisy's not too bad. I think ppl form a view early and shut up shop. I'll admit I've grown to like her.

Tiff cherry was bigfootys version of whoever the footy hottie is these days.

Reckon she is excellent on radio , as good as any of the guys as far as analysing the game . Far listen to her then a lot of the boys club , knows what she is talking about and doesn’t muck around .

A little nervy on TV perhaps but seriously who is better anyway ? !

When interviewing Jiath at the end of the game she referred to him as “people like you”. What would be the public response if Eddie referred to Jiath as “people like you”?
Thought exactly the same thing. Was a very awkward interview and the comment sounded terrible. This is a major reason why professional commentators should be placed in these roles, not current players (be they male or female).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back