Daisy Pearce is horrid.

images

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
seems to be trendy in some circles to praise her.

She might know footy and all, but she is awful on tv and in front of the camera, so wooden
Why single her out though? I mean, look at the rest of them. Luke Darcy, Cameron Ling, Richo. She's comfortably better than them in terms of intelligence and observations. She's knowledgeable, and does her research - unlike the others who just make it up as they go along and really have no idea. I think some people expect her to have to prove herself twofold because she's a woman.

Why single her out though? I mean, look at the rest of them. Luke Darcy, Cameron Ling, Richo. She's comfortably better than them in terms of intelligence and observations. She's knowledgeable, and does her research - unlike the others who just make it up as they go along and really have no idea. I think some people expect her to have to prove herself twofold because she's a woman.

That’s your opinion which is fine

I find on tv she seems clueless and wooden

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd put it to you that she doesn't belong there in a footballing context?

Placing here there is the equivalent of giving a VAFA player the job?

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd put it to you that she doesn't belong there in a footballing context?

Placing here there is the equivalent of giving a VAFA player the job?
You mean just because she didn't play AFL football and the others did? Personally, that really matters very little to me. I think she makes more incisive comments than Darcy, ling and richo, and she actually does her research. But I've never thought you have to be an ex player to do special comments. Daisy goes alright.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
That’s your opinion which is fine

I find on tv she seems clueless and wooden
Sounds like you're so put off by having her there that you aren't listening to what she's saying. She's miles ahead of Darcy, Ling and Richo with her comments and analysis. The boys clubs serve up the same repetitive stuff over and over. Daisy actually challenges their assumptions.

As to whether she's wooden - well it's a tough gig for a woman. If she acts all larrikin, she'd be labelled a bogan. She's treading a fine line to be accepted in an industry which wants men commenting on football.

Sounds like you're so put off by having her there that you aren't listening to what she's saying. She's miles ahead of Darcy, Ling and Richo with her comments and analysis. The boys clubs serve up the same repetitive stuff over and over. Daisy actually challenges their assumptions.

As to whether she's wooden - well it's a tough gig for a woman. If she acts all larrikin, she'd be labelled a bogan. She's treading a fine line to be accepted in an industry which wants men commenting on football.

im not put off by anything, she is as bad as darcy and Richo

pipes up with nothing interesting and is wooden on tv

nothing to do with her gender, shes as crap as the men
They all stink. sounds like you want to make it something else

im not out abusing her or even telling her on social media, i just think shes poor, like a lot of them, this obsession with players and ex players in the media shits me

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
im not put off by anything, she is as bad as darcy and Richo

pipes up with nothing interesting and is wooden on tv

nothing to do with her gender, shes as crap as the men
They all stink. sounds like you want to make it something else

im not out abusing her or even telling her on social media, i just think shes poor, like a lot of them, this obsession with players and ex players in the media s**ts me
Fair enough mate. I can respect your opinion.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Be mindful when you say "does her research" that there are people paid to feed interesting stats to the presenters.
She's pretty on top of things. I've heard her in off-the-cuff discussions on SEN and she's very clued up on what's happening.

Some of them were questions without notice. She's no dill. Geez, amazing the scepticism on here.
It's experience talking. Seriously, watch on the couch or something and all the points for discussion are on the paper in their hands with all the data for them to talk about. That's why they are reading it when someone else is talking.

It's scripted.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's experience talking. Seriously, watch on the couch or something and all the points for discussion are on the paper in their hands with all the data for them to talk about. That's why they are reading it when someone else is talking.

It's scripted.
Not all of it. She's been asked questions from listeners live on SEN radio and sounded just as assured. It sounds like you need to find ways to not acknowledge that she has any ability at all.

Not all of it. She's been asked questions from listeners live on SEN radio and sounded just as assured. It sounds like you need to find ways to not acknowledge that she has any ability at all.
You're the one insecurely leaping to the defense of someone after I mention that the presenters are fed their stuff.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not really possible to be insecure about somebody that isn't me, doesn't represent me in any way, that I've never met. Just giving credit where credit is due.
I agree with you mate. You’re probably fighting a lost cause here though. So many haters will deny her credit for anything, comment on her appearance, ‘personality’, voice, lack of professional broadcasting background and so on and yet completely fail to recognise the double standard. She’s one of the best in the business in my opinion, many others should get in the bin but it’s cool to shout and pour a bucket of s**t on Daisy. You can use all of the facts and logic you like but they’ll continue to bait you with straw man arguments and then ask if u mad. That’s the calibre of stupid that you are dealing with.

Back