Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Serious question. Is BT the least intellectual commentator on Australian TV? There may be some commentators in the lower grades of other sports that do the job for free that may contend? However this last night was one of an infinite number of examples we have heard from him since he began…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is an embarrassment to the industry but the most embarrassed should be Channel 7 for making him the figurehead of their team.

Gets names wrong regularly. Seems to have an incredibly low understanding of the rules. Appears to believe if you repeat the same thing 5 times, it makes it fact. Resorted to a primary school pun involving GWS's Issac Cummings in the game yesterday and paused to allow snickering in the box. In short, has no business being near a commentary box but 7 seem pleased to promote him.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah don't get how she is getting a gig too be honest. Gives no insight into the game at all and just states the bleeding obvious. Cant understand how she is getting a gig over Erin Phillips. But when you look at it, the seven commentary team would be the safest job in the world. Rarely changed in the last 10 years.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably one of only as few people on Ch7 who understands modern footy, along with Hodge and Bartel.

I agree they all understand it, but to be honest the 3 you've just mentioned are boring as batshit on the mic.
I don't know how Bartel has kept a speaking and commentary role, no fluency in his voice.

I agree they all understand it, but to be honest the 3 you've just mentioned are boring as batshit on the mic.
I don't know how Bartel has kept a speaking and commentary role, no fluency in his voice.

cause hes the ex of nadia bartel hahaha

i think hes there as a champion ex player and decent in appearance. not sure what else

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Rubbish thread. Would listen to her all day before almost anyone else in the commentary team.

They need to wheel out Dennis and Bruce again, no one seems up to the job.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We need Bruce from the 90's and early 2000's, not the Bruce in the last few years who was terrible.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
She did well on the Grand Final. That might be more of a commentary on the rest of the 7 team as most of them seem to just go through the motions and pipe up with the same cliches whether they're true or not. Richo and Darcy are the living embodiment of this at the moment.

Daisy actually seems to be trying to do a good job and actually enjoys the game. That should be the bare minimum, but it makes her stand out.

She shits all over any of them.
Doesn’t waffle on, concise and a great knowledge of the modern game.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Like many commentators, I think she's out of her depth, but she gives it a good go.

She's certainly not the worst, but the standards are so low these days on Seven.

I'd like to see more tactical analysis in place of psychological type comments - "They have the momentum now and it's because they started believing again".

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
I think she's awesome, notices certain nuances of play the other rolling commentators don't pick up on while they're sensationalising everything or even sometimes later wake up to and reframe.

Pearce, Bartel and Hodge are all very dialed in on the modern game and tactics. Hodgy gets tounge tied a bit though...

If you think she's no good at special comments you're probably one of those knobs at the game screaming out "Just kick it" 🙄

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don’t have a problem with her commentary. Did find it amusing that Brayshaw referred to her as a ‘legend of the Melbourne Footy club’. I would strongly dispute that statement which is more pandering than fact. Winning a couple of AFLW B&F’s does not make her a legend. There’s not really many over 100 years for the long standing sides in the mens competition. Phillips is the only AFLW player who qualifies for that term thus far.

She’s a Porsche compared to the Datsun Bluebirds around which she is surrounded.
George Fury's Bluebird is one the ATCC great cars and still the lap record holder at Bathurst, the pre-Chase configuration. Porsche couldn't match it.

One of the better looking Group C big bangers as well. :D

fair call. I just think back to the red sh*t box Datsun my grandfather had
Datsun never made a shitbox.

Except for the 120Y, 180B, 200B, first gen Pulsars, Pintara...

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
She shits all over any of them.
Doesn’t waffle on, concise and a great knowledge of the modern game.
It's actually funny how often one of the the others (usually BT) is dribbling on about something that happened 20 years ago and she makes a point about the game currently on.

Her and Hodge both seem to be able to ignore the "banter" and just speak about the match.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
She's very low on the list of Channel 7 commentators/personalities who I'd complain about. Get rid of BT, Darcy, Hamish, Basil and Sam McLure and then maybe we can discuss Daisy's role.
Hay just hope Channel 10 with Paramount Sports get the Next rights I recon by then you have a number of special comments people and commentators available for Example Erin Phillips ,Nic Nat ,Nat Fyfe will hopefully picked up with current special comments Dunstall,Hodge,Pavilich,Lynch and commentators Huddo,Speed,Gil Brother Quartermaine and maybe Eddie.
Then no more Channel 7 or Fox Footy morons .

Back