Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

buzzbuzz

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The point of difference is she is a token female.
The award and constant how good is she...
Well it's bullshit

She's hopeless.
Her voice isn't strong. She almost makes herself believe she can do her job the longer she talks
The constant half giggling isn't professional
I get women are being pushed.
However.
If women want a job and to be rated equal...
Be bloody equal.
She is shocking
Giggle
Absolutely pathetic stuff from a keyboard warrior.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Somebody like Nat Edwards would be much better.

Don't just throw the likes of Holmes and Pearce in at the deep end with these huge gigs just because they're good players.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Daisy is one of the best, Abbey is one of the worst. Just my opinion. Leigh Montagna is one of the best, Jonathan Brown is the worst.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
A few weeks ago she said a player can't even run, whilst the camera is directly on said player. What a comment, revolutionary.

ize_

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
A few weeks ago she said a player can't even run, whilst the camera is directly on said player. What a comment, revolutionary.
Wow, what a howler. Probably the biggest stuff up by a commentator in the history of Channel 7's coverage, and one that totally negates anything else she's added to the broadcast over the last few years. Worse than any stuff up BT, JB, Jobe, Hame, Basil, Duck or Lingy have ever done. How they keep her around after that is beyond me. Another victory for the woke mob!!!

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Wow, what a howler. Probably the biggest stuff up by a commentator in the history of Channel 7's coverage, and one that totally negates anything else she's added to the broadcast over the last few years. Worse than any stuff up BT, JB, Jobe, Hame, Basil, Duck or Lingy have ever done. How they keep her around after that is beyond me. Another victory for the woke mob!!!
I'm glad you agree

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Episode 4 Starz GIF by Heels

Keeps getting better on special comments…although fellow comments guys are so s**t it makes her sound better. I don’t think she’s as good interviewing people but again no worse than the others. Hamish yesterday put Papley on the spot by asking him who he thought was best on ground …and it went on for a couple of minutes as well

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree. Brown is particularly awful, all he says is players have to work harder etc. Zero actual insight.
Yeah, he's got nada to contribute. He's there because he talks like a tough boofhead, trading off barging through some packs 20 years ago. His co-commentators fawn over him every chance they get - as though being tough requires incredible insight which has to be repeated endlessly. He's the modern day equivalent of Wallsy's "throw him in the ruck".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, he's got nada to contribute. He's there because he talks like a tough boofhead, trading off barging through some packs 20 years ago. His co-commentators fawn over him every chance they get - as though being tough requires incredible insight which has to be repeated endlessly. He's the modern day equivalent of Wallsy's "throw him in the ruck".

I'd give him a run in the ruck Quarters

janty

All Australian
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree. Brown is particularly awful, all he says is players have to work harder etc. Zero actual insight.

Browny makes everything so dramatic. On the Couch there was a discussion about West Coast woes and goes on some rant about how players don't want to "go into battle" with Jack Darling because he didn't vaccinated early enough.

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
It’s true. Not a male/ female thing, she is as genuinely s**t as the rest of them.
She fair dinkum giggles after everything she says.
Bloody hopeless

It's sad that anyone who has a negative view on a female has to defend themselves for not being a woman hater. It's got nothing to do with male or female

She's just no good on the radio.

The giggling shits me. A real nervous giggle. She's not confident when she speaks.

Part of the job description would be to sounds professional. She doesn't tick the box

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn't Daisy move to Bright not too long ago (or somewhere around there)? How's she gunna work for Channel 7 and coach at Geelong when she lives 3 or 4 hours away? Has she come back to Melbourne?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I don't pay much attention to commentators, they're just a background noise along with the crowd so far as I care. However, I did watch the footy the other night. I've heard the criticism of Daisy Pearce, so I paid attention to what she was saying. I have to say, I had no problem with it. Sound knowledge and understanding of the game, spoke at the right time, can't see what the fuss is about, I've heard a lot worse over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back