Dale Morris retires should we pick him up as Development Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
This guy will have no trouble getting a role at a club, he will have plenty of clubs enquiring about he's services.

I think we should get him ASAP he is loves the game is very passionate & experienced.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
He's definitely one to consider. Another is Hodge, although he might go Media Street.
Hodgey has already said hes staying in Brissy for a while hasn't he??

Not sure on Morris, absolutely loves what he brings, heart & soul, never say die attitude, but I'm not sure how you teach that....
Granted have never heard him talk in person, if he had the ability to connect and teach, I would be 100% in!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I've always thought the visualisation stuff he speaks about is a bit kooky and the bone broth stories etc. I admire the guys courage and never give up attitude but not sure if I want the other stuff around the club. Especially with how well our medical team already goes.
Love Bone broth it's a ripper!

Not sure on Morris, absolutely loves what he brings, heart & soul, never say die attitude, but I'm not sure how you teach that...

Love to have Moz, but agree that his best qualities probably can't be taught - other than professionalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s staying at the Dogs as a coach

i just assumed thats the way it would play out. The Dogs love to keep their own close. Gia's still there. Chris Grant is Head of Footy. Rohan Smith. No bad thing, although you'd reckon that there's a risk it gets a bit too cosy.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
i just assumed thats the way it would play out. The Dogs love to keep their own close. Gia's still there. Chris Grant is Head of Footy. Rohan Smith. No bad thing, although you'd reckon that there's a risk it gets a bit too cosy.
The smart ones like Boyd leave , dumb to remain if genuine about coaching

The smart ones like Boyd leave , dumb to remain if genuine about coaching

Yep. Like JAKLAUGHING, I agree anyone who wants the top job needs to see the inside of a few different clubs. No one ever speculates about Rohan Smith being next in line when a coach gets axed.

There's a podcast called "Sacked" with Jon Ralph interviewing sacked coaches. Pretty interesting. Spud Frawley touched on exactly this. He was in line for the Saints job, wanted it bad, but was told to "go get some IP" before he'd be offered it. I reckon there's a very strong belief in clubland that a Head Coach needs to know what the opposition are trying to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back