Dale Thomas Umpire Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember the last game I watched where I didn't notice them having a negative impact on the game, doesn't happen anymore they ruin every single game.

Irrelevant. Being s**t does not equal intentionally corrupt.

Absolute garbage. I thought this was a man’s game? What happens on the field should stay on the field. It doesn’t matter one inch if his claim is true or not - letting off steam is a component of any sport. They want everyone to be emotionless robots. Daisy has nothing to apologise for. Joke.

Questioning someone's integrity does not make you a man.

In fact doing it so someone who has no way to retaliate makes you much less than a man.

Calling an ump a cheat strikes at the integrity of the game

No issue if he is found guilty that he misses weeks because of it.

Unless he of course he can justify his comments in fact or indeed there is some further context to it
That's easy, check out most WC home games, only have to go back to the Melbourne game to witness the obvious.

Absolute garbage. I thought this was a man’s game? What happens on the field should stay on the field. It doesn’t matter one inch if his claim is true or not - letting off steam is a component of any sport. They want everyone to be emotionless robots. Daisy has nothing to apologise for. Joke.

What happens on the field ends up off the field via tv and social media so it's a really stupid argument.

And the bottom line is abusing umpires is the number 1 reason why people don't umpire.

So until heroes like you are prepared to umpire the games, suck it up.

And why aren't umpires allowed to let off steam, by calling Daisy Thomas a pretentious prick whose team is ******* s**t. Perhaps he could ask Brendan Bolton when he reckons he'll get the sack on the way off the field while he's at it.

That's easy, check out most WC home games, only have to go back to the Melbourne game to witness the obvious.

You know what’s really interesting?

If WC fans say we don’t get an easy ride - our comes a little table showing free kick differentials to “prove” our advantage

Interesting then that free kick count that we “lost” is now “cheating”

What happens on the field ends up off the field via tv and social media so it's a really stupid argument.

And the bottom line is abusing umpires is the number 1 reason why people don't umpire.

So until heroes like you are prepared to umpire the games, suck it up.

And why aren't umpires allowed to let off steam, by calling Daisy Thomas a pretentious prick whose team is ******* ****. Perhaps he could ask Brendan Bolton when he reckons he'll get the sack on the way off the field while he's at it.
Then why do we have so many people willing to join the Police force or become Protective Service Officers?

Cheap cop out, what we say to them is irrelevant.

You want to fix things, pay them 80k a year and turn it into a full time job. No one will give a damn how much abuse gets sprayed their way when they are getting paid well for a 2 hour a week job, it's not like the AFL can't afford to spend a couple of million a year on improving umpiring.

You know what’s really interesting?

If WC fans say we don’t get an easy ride - our comes a little table showing free kick differentials to “prove” our advantage

Interesting then that free kick count that we “lost” is now “cheating”
Some things never change.

I didn't abuse anyone. I said the standard of umpiring is pretty low at the moment, and that is objectively true.

It's not objectively true at all. It's an opinion. And one of the key things stopping standards from improving is the abuse they cop. But point that out and you say "grow up". I mean, maybe you don't really know what you're talking about.

Then why do we have so many people willing to join the Police force or become Protective Service Officers?

Cheap cop out, what we say to them is irrelevant.

You want to fix things, pay them 80k a year and turn it into a full time job. No one will give a damn how much abuse gets sprayed their way when they are getting paid well for a 2 hour a week job, it's not like the AFL can't afford to spend a couple of million a year on improving umpiring.

It's not a cop out - it's a fact. Gained by asking umpires why they left. 50% of umpires leave the game within 2 years because of abuse. So yeah, what you say to umpires is highly relevant.

And you might want to find out how much umpires get paid a year and what they actually do and want from the game.

It's not a cop out - it's a fact. Gained by asking umpires why they left. 50% of umpires leave the game within 2 years because of abuse. So yeah, what you say to umpires is highly relevant.

And you might want to find out how much umpires get paid a year and what they actually do and want from the game.
You can piss right off if you going to ignore what I say and repeat the same bullshit, good day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, when players get fined does the money go to a designated charity?
Yes, all fines accumulated in the 2019 season will go to St. Kevins' Polo Club Headquarters Development Fund, who is the AFL's official charity partner this year as announced by Mr. Mclaughlin, of St. Kevins, in January.

Yes, all fines accumulated in the 2019 season will go to St. Kevins' Polo Club Headquarters Development Fund, who is the AFL's official charity partner this year as announced by Mr. Mclaughlin, of St. Kevins, in January.
Yeah haha :rolleyes: but I really do hope the fines are given to charity.

Haven't read the thread but the funniest thing about this is that Dale implying GWS needed some sort of artificial advantage on the weekend

Straight to the tribunal for supposedly calling the boundary umpire a ******* cheat.

Is it just me or is there plenty of this stuff said on the field?

Why is Thomas being sent straight to the tribunal?
he's just saying what every richmond fan thinks every goddamned game when we get reamed by the umps again...

For someone who asked earlier, I think Hird's fine, iirc, was $20,000.

I actually liked Danger's suggestion. Don't fine him or suspend him, make him go an umpire some juniors matches.

When I first started playing senior footy as an 18 year old, part of our requirements was that we had to umpire little league matches on a Sunday. You'd generally be rostered on a couple of times a season.

The first time I umpired, I had parents abusing me and wanting to fight for having the nerve to pay a free kick against their little darlings or for sending them off for swearing or fighting. These fathers, were actually team mates of mine in the seniors. Absolutely ******* nuts.

The first time I umpired, I had parents abusing me and wanting to fight for having the nerve to pay a free kick against their little darlings or for sending them off for swearing or fighting. These fathers, were actually team mates of mine in the seniors. Absolutely ******* nuts.

Your league has a send-off rule? How does it work- is it like a red card in soccer or more of a temporary sin-bin arrangement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back