Past Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Deserves it after this years output.
Even if he doesn’t play many AFL games next year, his leadership within the group will be vital.
Let’s hope we have enough talent / less injuries to keep him out.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't hold with the notion that Daisy's continued presence as a senior player at our club is a bad sign, or indicative of lack of progress. If Thomas has been match fit for a whole season (when did that last happen?) and playing well enough to cement his spot in the team, surely that can only be a good thing? Can't get rid of all our veterans.
Do the same kind of misgivings exist over Simmo signing on for another year? If so, I haven't heard them. Simmo doesn't suffer from the level of prejudice that Thomas cops.

Outstanding, Daisy!! Onwards and upwards! :thumbsu:

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
I have always been behind DT. He didint ever deserve the vitriol thrown at him. Quality player and a quality person. Did Kouta ever get the same treatment as DT when his injuries were preventing him from performing to his contract level- No. Like Judd Thomas will end up a bluebagger for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Really good player and rate him above Murphy and Kreuzer
The same kreuzer who was arguably in the best 2 rucks in the comp in 2017 and was cruelled by injury and health issues this year? Ludicrous. Completely.

No slight on Daisy, stoked he’s back for another year but kreuzer is an absolute gun.

Azzurro

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Glad the club has stuck it up all you Daisy-lack-of-certaintiers! :D

Absolute champ who has busted a gut to get back to some kind of physical form that vaguely resembles his best years.

Guaranteed (given the bloke he seems to be) that he didn’t think it would take his body so long to recover. I bet mental demons had a huge part to play in his recovery time, especially given the unwarranted vitriol he was copping from our “supporters” while clearly incapable of performing to his physical peak.

Good on him, good call by the club, and he will (and on this year’s evidence, absolutely should) be lining up in round 1 2019, no matter who we draft and recruit.

If we only have space for 3 or 4 veterans out on the field throughout 2019, I bet my left nut that Daisy makes the cut!

Can you be wrapped for a player and disappointed for our club at same time.
Glad for him but hope he is depth.

How do you mean disappointed for the club?
I think you mean you're disappointed for yourself.

The club knows what it's doing to have re-signed Thomas as was most likely going to be the case before the season even started.
He won't be on a lot of money now and his role around the club won't be solely based on on-filed performances. This move was a fair one, even though at times next year we may wish the club didn't sign him in. No harm done at all.

20 games at 22.4 disposals, 7 marks, almost 2 tackles. Yet some wanted him delisted or forced to retire? There will be plenty who don't remotely have his 2018 season as a career ceiling who will be retained. That's not even mentioning the leadership and value that he presents the club.

Get rid of the deadwood before you cut the valued contributors who pour their blood, sweat, and tears into the club.

Rapt for Daisy and even more delighted for the club.

Those disappointed in the club should question their football IQ or their actual allegiance to the CFC. Do you want us to become Melbourne? Current and former Melbourne players openly state that they were worse than what we put out there this year. A huge reason for that was because they picked their Daisies and had no leadership as a result.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back