Toast Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder what role his transgression played in this? He seemed to escape sanction, but now playing his best footy since joining the Blues he is being cut. Kade is 37, has had calf problems(old man injury) and his kicking is deteriorating every week, but the club is sticking by him. Gold Coast should sign him up as he would be invaluable to them, but that transgression will haunt him as they are trying to build a culture, and that may set a poor example.

Either way, after a rocky start, he has been a loyal servant to Carlton, and you have to wish him all of the best.

Im finding it hard to be sad about this in any way. Wonder if Teague is on board with this? Hell of a first decision if so.

I just wonder what role his transgression played in this? He seemed to escape sanction, but now playing his best footy since joining the Blues he is being cut. Kade is 37, has had calf problems(old man injury) and his kicking is deteriorating every week, but the club is sticking by him. Gold Coast should sign him up as he would be invaluable to them, but that transgression will haunt him as they are trying to build a culture, and that may set a poor example.

Either way, after a rocky start, he has been a loyal servant to Carlton, and you have to wish him all of the best.
Well said Moody, I know you especially were not happy how easily he escaped sanction.

Where's the love ?

Need to evaluate an investment across it's entire life , the overall ROI.

His first 2 or so years were not good but he finished well.

Not exactly in top group though and a penchant to do some silly things m

Will point out that we don't know what the situation is with Simmo yet either.

Though guys like Kade should always be afforded the respect to call time when they're ready, as long as they're playing decent football. Club can make whatever indications they want as to playing opportunity, but not offering a contract to the bloke sitting fourth on our all-time games record tally, who is still fronting up pretty much every week, would be a difficult and possibly divisive call to make.

Way too soon to be putting Daisy our to pasture... I’ve been a massive fan of his ever since he’s come over and am only recently vindicated with his performance and leadership of late. Please say it ain’t so - Daisy, you were much maligned and are more worthy than any, past or current, to wear the Navy Blue

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you for your service Daisy. Solid player.

This is a good decision by the club. Salary and game time can be better used elsewhere. I like that we are making hard calls kudos

I know there have been several media reports, but nothing official from the Club as yet.

Maybe best to wait when/if it is made official.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish decision from the club. Daisy may never have lived up to his initial contract and expectations but he always gave 100% when playing for Carlton. Him, Cripps, Simpson and only a handful of others I think you can say that about the last few years.

Seems to be popular amongst the group (particularly the kids) and thought he was a steadying presence on field.

For a list that lacks smalls and players who can remain calm with the ball to force him into retirement is just bizarre.

If we haven’t got anyone lined up to replace him it’s pure stupidity.

I'll cut sick if he's cut.

Not really, but I'll be pretty sad. Learned to love the man and he gives his all every week. Don't understand the rationale at all. But clubs are bigger than any one player and while we think we do, us fans don't know it all.

It’s strange how media are talking about his retirement or not being offered a new contract when it hasn’t been officially announced. How would they know.
They sound very certain of the story and he will announce his retirement Friday. I'd say they know 100% for sure from a very good source (I'd say somebody from Thomas side of things)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

They sound very certain of the story and he will announce his retirement Friday. I'd say they know 100% for sure from a very good source (I'd say somebody from Thomas side of things)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Tom Elliot mentioned something about a press conference tomorrow before on 3AW.

They get a heads up on these things.

CEOs, players etc also leak stuff.

Any chance that Dale is going to be offered some kind of a coaching role - I think he would have a lot to offer. It sounds like he’s very popular with a lot of the younger players and from all accounts it seems he has a great Footy brain? Would hate to see him leave at this stage of our development, I think he could have a lot to contribute to this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll support the club either decision.

It must be a money thing (he won't played for base no matter how much he loves the club, he could easily make double in the media)

Gametime thing (guarantees on Gametime, no one wants to spend their last year in the VFL with everyone saying "1 year too many")

Salary cap thing (we must be confident of getting our target or targets to replace him and need the space)

Influence thing (the boozing up before the game, complete unconfirmed reports he's not popular with the younger players)

I think it's probably a little bit of all of those things, and when looked at all together as one picture, the club has made the decision to either not increase their offer or revoke their offer.

Any chance that Dale is going to be offered some kind of a coaching role - I think he would have a lot to offer. It sounds like he’s very popular with a lot of the younger players and from all accounts it seems he has a great Footy brain? Would hate to see him leave at this stage of our development, I think he could have a lot to contribute to this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he'll come in to replace an outgoing assistant coach if Teaguey has a re-shuffle?

Maybe he'll come in to replace an outgoing assistant coach if Teaguey has a re-shuffle?

I hope not. Teague won't be on big bucks. We should have plenty of staff cap to spare to nab some excellent proven assistants.

His first few years were poor and his last two excellent. Stood up when we needed him. Now it's time to move forward and look to the future. Club is always bigger than the individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back