Toast Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer he stays. Can cover multiple positions. Why make it easier for the youth to get a game. Make it hard so they work hard.

Wait until our List is finished.

We have Williamson Docherty SPS Simpson Newman Plowman maybe Schumacher & Cottrell (who I really rate) and we will add minimum one more. Get Coniglio and maybe someone else goes back? We are in a good spot.

No disrespect at all as I love both Doc and Willo but they now have to prove their fitness and that they can actually get back on the park regularly.
Plus I would rather see Daisy playing in the forward half of the ground for us.

Daisy is no doubt stiff. Given his form, I thought we could have used his experience for 1 more season with the uncertainty around Docherty and Williamson. I think what may have gone against him is the development of SPS down back the past 4-6 weeks.

Theredpill another saying Daisy isn't the most professional or a good influence...to back up a few other posters who have said this now.

Good on Daisy for playing well, but I think it's the right call...we have plenty of smaller defenders who can replace him.

Must say while he gets the job done out on the field, his body shape is pretty poor. Wouldn't surprise if his training habits and maybe eating/drinking have been poor, hence the rumours.

No disrespect at all as I love both Doc and Willo but they now have to prove their fitness and that they can actually get back on the park regularly.
Plus I would rather see Daisy playing in the forward half of the ground for us.
He can certainly offer much more forward, knows here to go is still evasive and can do the unpredictable. Must have a couple of small to medium forwards definitely locked in.

It’s a shame we damn players on the basis of insinuation however I suppose that’s what we are good at on Big Footy. We’re always ready to believe the bad things about people because that’s where some of us get our kicks from.

I know nothing about Daisy other than what I see when he plays and the bits and pieces we see from the media at Carlton.

Daisy always appears to be an animated and positive sort of person. At Teague’s Press Conference today they pan the camera into the crowd and there’s Daisy clapping enthusiastically. The little boy with cerebral palsy received plenty of attention from Daisy as well as the other players. It’s all positive stuff.

I’m not sure about his future but it appears to be over at Carlton. I don’t think it’s over because he’s a bad influence or he’s unfit. I think it’s over because he’s 32 and out of contract. Always a bad combination. Lesser players will survive the cull because they have contracts.

Except for one year, when Daisy dislocated his shoulder, he’s been a durable member of the team. He’s done this in a variety of roles. The ultimate team man. And that’s how I’ll choose to remember Daisy as a Carlton player.

Mick Gleeson running with the story on the age that Daisy is set to retire from Carlton, and most likely football (i exceeded my 5 articles for the month quota, so I can't read the article or post the link)
Just hope both the club and Daisy part ways on the best of terms and no ill feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please say it ain’t so - Daisy, you were much maligned and are more worthy than any, past or current, to wear the Navy Blue
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t even need to look past the current captain to refute this statement.

More worthy than any of our Team of the Century players?

Big call

Initial impressions are we’ve made a horrible call here, and cutting a player playing good footy in a position we’ve got little depth in is ludicrous.

Next year our choice of rebounding defenders is:

Simpson - still playing good footy, but aging and has a few years (at best) in him.

Docherty - coming off 2 ACL’s. Obvious quality, but question marks given his injuries

Newman - entrenched in the team, improving, but suspect defensively

SPS - promising first 10 games in defence, and I suspect his ascension will have formed part of the decision to cut Daisy

Williamson - less than 20 AFL games, injury and health concerns have plagued his first three years

Stocker - less than 10 games, still uncertainty as to how we will develop him

LOB - still very green, and not a natural accumulator at this stage

Unless there are other factors at play this looks like a case of overestimating the players we have available. Daisy was an integral part of our current defence, and unless we’ve got other trade targets to fill his role we are relying heavily on these younger guys to fill the void, and leadership and is hard to replace immediately.

Initial impressions are we’ve made a horrible call here, and cutting a player playing good footy in a position we’ve got little depth in is ludicrous.

Simpson - still playing good footy, but aging and has a few years (at best) in him.

Docherty - coming off 2 ACL’s. Obvious quality, but question marks given his injuries

SPS - promising first 10 games in defence, and I suspect his ascension will have formed part of the decision to cut Daisy

Williamson - less than 20 AFL games, injury and health concerns have plagued his first three years

Unless there are other factors at play this looks like a case of overestimating the players we have available. Daisy was an integral part of our current defence, and unless we’ve got other trade targets to fill his role we are relying heavily on these younger guys to fill the void, and leadership and is hard to replace immediately.

You're missing 2 key players there.

Unless there are other factors at play, this looks like a case of overestimating the list, and the players we have available. Daisy was an integral part of our current defence, and unless we’ve got other trade targets to fill his role we are relying heavily on these younger guys to fill the void, and leadership and is hard to replace immediately.
Of course, the club are hopeless.
Look at the record.
Draft Walsh.....Booooooooo...what a dud.
Sack Bolton......Shouldn't be allowed he was doing a fantastic job.
Whole club turns around...... Just luck that saves a few necks.
Winning matches..... The other teams werent trying.
Record membership.......The fools and their money.
Appoint Teague.....Why, when theres Roos Voss Scott Hinkley and others.

Yeah they get it all wrong and now a player gets told its all over. How dare they.

Or ........ maybe folks can acknowledge they are getting every call right.

You think being list manager whilst fathering 2/44 players on that list, and possibly a third, is good governance?

I can't imagine it'll be great for family life either once decisions need to be made.

I take it you probably don't run a business Azzurro

The problem is that you take any hint at impropriety from a random poster on an internet forum to launch into your demands that this person or that should be moved on.

It's about all you contribute...and "contribute" is generous.

Sure, our recruiting/list management team report to SOS, and SOS's kids are players. But the football industry is pretty damn incestuous - there'd be family friendships and connections at every club that need to be navigated, and I haven't seen anything from SOS or the club to indicate that the Silvagni's are getting preferential treatment. The father/son rule itself will always lead to these situations, with family names being a factor in recruitment and retention.

Jack is a heart and soul player who has improved dramatically in his time at the club, and more than justified the initial investment and subsequent faith in him. Ben is coming to the end of his first season at the club, and has shown as much as you'd expect for a first year KPP taken late in the draft. Who knows what will happen with the youngest one, last I'd heard he may be focusing more on basketball anyway, and might not be looking at a football career. If he does, you can be pretty sure he'll come cheap and will be expected to earn any opportunities in what should be a strong team. If the two younger lads have Jack's commitment, there's no need for any "hard calls" to be made anyway.

Of course, the club are hopeless.
Look at the record.
Draft Walsh.....Booooooooo...what a dud.
Sack Bolton......Shouldn't be allowed he was doing a fantastic job.
Whole club turns around...... Just luck that saves a few necks.
Winning matches..... The other teams werent trying.
Record membership.......The fools and their money.
Appoint Teague.....Why, when theres Roos Voss Scott Hinkley and others.

Yeah they get it all wrong and now a player gets told its all over. How dare they.

Or ........ maybe folks can acknowledge they are getting every call right.

So don’t question anything the club ever does, because the club always gets it right?

Surely you’re taking the piss here.

The club has done plenty of good things since 2015, but they’ve made some errors along the way.

Daisy’s career is now only over because we’ve fast-tracked his retirement. His form, and the leadership he has brought to the squad should have granted him another contract.

Again, unless there are you off-field aspects that have contributed to the decision, it looks like a poor one.

So don’t question anything the club ever does, because the club always gets it right?

Again, unless there are you off-field aspects that have contributed to the decision, it looks like a poor one.

It looks like a poor one.....to you.

I'm content with the decision.

You can't deny the club has been making very, very sound decisions the past 12 months.

It looks like a poor one.....to you.

I'm content with the decision.

You can't deny the club has been making very, very sound decisions the past 12 months.

Based on anything other than ‘Because Carlton’?

At this stage the recruitment of McGovern looks poor, plus the appalling use of the rookie draft prior to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back