Toast Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a 5 year deal so you're now talking a $750K disparity which is not to be sneezed at. I think it was more the term of the deal at the Blues as much as the $$$'s.
He was already loaded and was always going to be no matter what, when you're comparing with everyday, regular people. The vast majority of us can only dream of earning $600k a year.

You turn down a job offering you almost 1/5th better pay. You can't hate him for taking the cash. Jesus the club cuts players regularly, can't complain when the players look after themselves.

Congrats on your career Daisy. As has been said, was an absolute weapon when he played for us.
When you're already on $600k a year you definitely can as you're already extremely well-off, and many players do because they either want to stay with their club, play for a different club or are willing to take a pay-cut to get or keep another good player at their club

He was already loaded and was always going to be no matter what, when you're comparing with everyday, regular people. The vast majority of us can only dream of earning $600k a year.

Yeah, should have factored in the "he didn't need the money because he'd already earned so much more than normal people" aspect, silly me 😳

When you're already on $600k a year you definitely can as you're already extremely well-off, and many players do because they either want to stay with their club, play for a different club or are willing to take a pay-cut to get or keep another good player at their club

Absolutely not. Money is not relative. Thomas would be an idiot to turn down the amount of money Carlton was offering, particularly given that his window to earn that amount of money is so small.

Two weeks after delisting him to make room for youth despite having a good year, Carlton have announced they will be targeting veterans in the off season.

You really have to wonder about the way they operate!

However instead of targeting Collingwood rejects they are now in the market for Carlton rejects. Betts and Jacobs!!!!

Absolutely not. Money is not relative. Thomas would be an idiot to turn down the amount of money Carlton was offering, particularly given that his window to earn that amount of money is so small.
not everyone's a greedy campaigner, if you're on $600k a year and you feel the need to be on $700k a year, you are a greedy campaigner. if you earn $600k a year for 4 years, you can set up to live the rest of your life comfortably if you're not stupid

Yeah, should have factored in the "he didn't need the money because he'd already earned so much more than normal people" aspect, silly me 😳
damn right he should've, who are you donald trump? if the only reason he left was a because of that then he's a greedy campaigner. but i'm saying i don't think it was and that not many players would leave a club they've been at for years solely for that reason. sarcastic ass

If somebody offers me a 17% increase on my current salary to change jobs, I'm taking it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It probably shortened his career by two seasons, and reduced his media appeal and opportunities to make money after football.

Sometimes taking the easy money isn’t the best long term decision.

Who's to say what would have happened if he stayed. He had a couple of very lean years. We might not have stuck with him and by that point his value would have been well and truly diminished

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Daisy’s one and only farewell event to be held last night at the Publican in Mornington was cancelled , not enough ticket sales.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F69638689%2F316024262290%2F1%2Foriginal.20190823-035554

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daisy remember when you told us to not throw our kids Number 13 jumpers in the bin just yet?

tenor.gif

Daisy’s one and only farewell event to be held last night at the Publican in Mornington was cancelled , not enough ticket sales.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F69638689%2F316024262290%2F1%2Foriginal.20190823-035554

Hated by Collingwood fans, mildly disliked by Carlton fans. No one else even remembers him.

Could of been a great at Collingwood and gone on to a guaranteed media gig. Now no one will even remember him apart from 10 year premiership reunions.

Hated by Collingwood fans, mildly disliked by Carlton fans. No one else even remembers him.

Could of been a great at Collingwood and gone on to a guaranteed media gig. Now no one will even remember him apart from 10 year premiership reunions.

He didn’t even have the decency to go to the last reunion.........f him he dug his own grave.

not everyone's a greedy campaigner, if you're on $600k a year and you feel the need to be on $700k a year, you are a greedy campaigner. if you earn $600k a year for 4 years, you can set up to live the rest of your life comfortably if you're not stupid

I guarantee if you were an engineer earning $600k and another firm offered you $700k you'd jump ship ASAP.

Stop trying to apply this ridiculous standard of loyalty to footballers that wouldn't happen anywhere else. It's particularly silly since clubs delist players like it's nothing.

I guarantee if you were an engineer earning $600k and another firm offered you $700k you'd jump ship ASAP.

Stop trying to apply this ridiculous standard of loyalty to footballers that wouldn't happen anywhere else. It's particularly silly since clubs delist players like it's nothing.

His farewell cashy got cancelled mate.......how about them apples.

The w***er joined his daddy at the Baggers for the $ now he is a nobody.

I absolutely loved Daisy, he was a ray of sunshine (with Pendles) after some dark years.

I don't begrudge him leaving for money and by all accounts his workplace stopped being a happy one after MM left. I think if he stuck it out his relationship with Buckley would have improved as both would have matured, Bucks as a coach and he as a senior player and on-field leader. I suspect Bucks wasn't the most mellow and chilled out coach in the AFL during 12-13-14.

I don't want to revisit this saga or pick at scabs, but s**t happens in workplaces (and life). Let's not be haters, he gave us some joy and success. I think he lost more than he realized he would by moving to the Blues, but we sleep on the beds we make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back