Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Defensive players are starting to come off the board. Hopefully enough quality left for an impact player to pick in the second round. Honestly if Tunsil is still there, I'd take him.

Tomorrow is the best day with Rds 2-3.

We have some good selections to.

hmm how do people feel about Lynch if he falls to the second round? Sounds like he needs some development so would be perfect to sit behind Romo for a couple of years. May help us for replacement when Romo goes.
Depends on what we do defensively I guess.

hmm how do people feel about Lynch if he falls to the second round? Sounds like he needs some development so would be perfect to sit behind Romo for a couple of years. May help us for replacement when Romo goes.
Depends on what we do defensively I guess.

good question

on one side if Romo goes down it will be another wasted year, so going for Lynch would be a wise move and if romo stays healthy he can be groomed to perfection

on the other side our defence is appalling especially our secondary

Do we risk Jack? We already have Lee as an injury prone LB
Spence had a well documented drug problem, do we want him in with this group?
100% different from Tunsil

Guy has already hit rock bottom and recovered. Would always go for someone that has hit rock bottom then someone that is currently falling such as Manziel.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/22/noah-spence-nfl-draft-desperate-chance

Think Janoris Jenkins, think the Honey Badger. College is great as players can screw up before having to take responsibility in the NFL. Players that don't take responsibility in college such as Blackmon, Manziel and now Tunsil struggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodd and Ogbah taken from under us.

I am happy with Smith and the kid is a force.

From all reports our doctors gave him the o.k medically even though he will miss next year recovering.

Anyone can get injured and put him on cotton wool getting him right for 2017. :thumbsu:

Also big rumors around we are trying to trade Leary to get another pick in the 3rd Rd and he will be a starting G for many teams in the comp but cannot get a gig ahead of our current OL.

Do Not Like.
We need to help our defense now. Would he have been there next round? urgg. Maybe they are hoping Spence will be there in the third.

How many defensive rookies come in from Rd2 onwards and make immediate impacts on the field?

It would be under 20% of all picks, and it is fantasy thinking any defensive player taken now is going to play at a high level replacing current starters / beating them in camp for a starting role.

Smith will be good and if not injured would of been one the 1st OLB taken this year. The key to helping the defense is keeping the offense on the field for longer and hello Zeke/Romo! ;)

Cowboys doctor did Smith's knee surgery... So we are better positioned than anyone to make the call there.

Would love some 2016 relief on defence though.

It will come and gee people panic!!

We are only 2 picks into this draft and it is very deep defensively this year.

. Would he have been there next round? .

You just have to trust our guys and their intel on that. They would have explored trade options if they didn't have some good reason to think other teams were sniffing him early in the second.

Yeah. I'm not panicking. :)

Was not a direct dig at you mate. ;)

Cowboy forums are a laugh from the states and many happy / many crying and gee whiz some out there comments!

maybe they are just hoping to ride out the first 4 weeks then we have gregory and lawrence back.

Not exactly a world beating defence even with those guys there though :p

Need a legitimate pass rusher more than we need oxygen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back