Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye comes at the perfect time now.

Hopefully we get a fit and firing Dez back into the fold against the Eagles, which will only serve to free up Williams and Beazley.

Good times

As long as we can maintain the momentum.

The next two weeks will be intolerable with all the Romo v Dak talk. Still believe we'll go with Tony.

Dak had an up and down day today. Some nice long throws which was good to see but some poor turn overs.

D played well again. One of the more surprising aspects of our year in what has been a surprising year.

Elliott was awesome again. Will get rookie of the year if he keeps going. May even get votes for offensive player of the year if he keeps putting up 140 yrd games like he has!

Stay with dak, but have Romo ready to hit the field if needed. Could be interesting from a play calling perspective to switch them up mid drive.

How good was that play action pass to terrance in the second quarter I believe.. That pocket awareness is so rare.. Stepped up then came out wide with his eyes always looking downfield to hit Williams on the slant..

It is no question for me, Dak is the guy we cannot change the momentum of this side.. We now have the best QB tandem tho in case things go downhill later in the season..

Gotta give marinelli credit, perfect game plan of rushing 4 and playing coverage.. That's how you beat the packers

Our defence was actually not that bad last year, it was once they got to the fourth quarter and the offence had stunk it up so bad that they would actually give up which you really couldn't blame them for. Now that they can rely on the offence, we are seeing them play with confidence again and thus we are getting more turnovers. I think if we can trade Romo at the end of the season, we would have quite a bit of cash to try and improve that defensive line.

Couple of things:

1. Think the Bye comes at a bad time for you guys, need to keep the momentum up. You will still beat us though.
2. Romo is better than Dak, don't let this fool you. The last time you had a dominant running game and a similar game plan you went to the Playoffs.
3. Romo will be hard to trade, he is expensive and injury prone.

I believe this team owes it to Tony to give him the opportunity to run this offence with Zeke.

If it doesn't click or Romo breaks in half again then we thank him for his services and take the cap hit in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this team owes it to Tony to give him the opportunity to run this offence with Zeke.

If it doesn't click or Romo breaks in half again then we thank him for his services and take the cap hit in 2017.

That's a $19.8 million cap hit BTW. I think you have to stay with Dak.

If Romo is absolutely 100% and not 99.9% ready I think you make the switch back and wouldn't think twice about it.

How often does a rookie QB go the Super Bowl?

'When he is ready' may be when Dak has had a bad game IMO.. I think we may get a few weeks of 'he is not 100%' because they will want to roll with Dak.
Romo at his best is better than what Dak is probably going to be capable of this year. Romo's 2014 was stunning and his 2013 was also superb. If he's fully fit and back at that level, he needs to play.

Romo at his best is better than what Dak is probably going to be capable of this year. Romo's 2014 was stunning and his 2013 was also superb. If he's fully fit and back at that level, he needs to play.
Are we talking what we think should happen or what we think will happen?

I just think the team sticks with the hot hand.. Romo is my boy and I have his jersey, but you don't mess with a winning formula.. I know it's all locker room BS but the players are playing hard for him.. Our best option move forward is to explore ways to help the cap situation moving forward with Dak by trading Romo etc..

The best chance you have of winning a Super Bowl in the NFL is when you have a cheap QB vastly outperforming his salary and you can spend elsewhere.. Look at what the Seahawks did with Wilson, Colts with luck and even the 9ers with Kap (before he became crap)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back