Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Did what he had to do and was instrumental running the ball late.

Everybody wants Dak to be a gunslinger like Rodgers and Stafford that throws it 60yds down field all the time and this is not his style of play. Funny how every QB in the league gets a free ride but the whole forum just waits for Dak to miss a pass or throw a check down and then it is all celebrations for the haters!!!

Check his stats for the first 3 seasons of his career....

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-together-quite-the-resume-nfl-dallas-cowboys

That also include a down season last year which was just dreadful with the Zeke suspension etc.

Or if you want to piss on that because it is a Cowboys site check out this one comparing his first 3 seasons to Wilsons...

https://www.12up.com/posts/6263060-...r-than-russell-wilson-through-first-3-seasons

If anyone won you the game on the offensive side of the ball tonight it was Zeke not Dak, most rush yards vs Seattle all season. Its no coincidence that Dak plays best when Zeke is out there.

Russell Wilson was a game manager through his first three seasons when Seattle had the best defence in the NFL, its no massive accomplishment having better stats.

BTW, free ride? lol, if you think Dak is hated try being a Panthers supporter with Newton as your QB... :tearsofjoy:

That wears off though as soon as a game is done.

If you are a Cowboys QB or any player really no matter who you are on here the hate runs from the uneducated trolls 365 days a year 24/7!

Reasonable discussion is long gone hence why most Cowboys supporters here just don't bother bar the odd 1 or 2, much easier to get mature discussion elsewhere or just discuss in here. Gets to the point where it is just mehhhh and not worth even saying a thing.

Garbage, Newton is hated every day for anything ... some of it deserved, some of it not.
Oh well you can keep arguing with the idiots then!

Cowboys won a playoff game today and notice not 1 regular well known supporter was actively posting during the game day thread? lol

I guess the band wagon tag cannot be used at least claiming we only show up when winning!

It is what it is though and the usual blokes can just go around in circles talking to themselves about their inner hatred. :tearsofjoy:

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Oh well you can keep arguing with the idiots then!

Cowboys won a playoff game today and notice not 1 regular well known supporter was actively posting during the game day thread? lol

I guess the band wagon tag cannot be used at least claiming we only show up when winning!

It is what it is though and the usual blokes can just go around in circles talking to themselves about their inner hatred. :tearsofjoy:

Im not talking about just here, im talking world wide, throughout all forms of media, you see reports and twitter is all over any minute thing Newton does wrong, be it inconsistent passing, body language on the sideline, what he wears to a press conference etc etc.., its never ending... People are far more critical of Newton than they are Dak.

There's no way Dak won that game off his own back like you said though, no matter how you try and spin it. That's not critical by me, thats faux praise by you. He was alright tonight. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jerry Jones: Narrative on Jason Garrett should change after playoff win

Posted by Charean Williams on January 6, 2019, 1:18 AM EST

GettyImages-1090311182-e1546755477602.jpg

Getty Images

Jason Garrett entered the season with everyone believing he needed a playoff win to keep his job. Jerry Jones never sounded as if he needed to see his coach win a playoff game this season.
No matter, the heat is off Garrett.
He got his second career playoff victory since becoming the full-time coach in 2011.
“I think that this win against a very credible Seattle team will make people think more highly of Jason,” Jones said. “And you look around at all the teams that are on the search for Red October, trying to find them a head coach right now, and we’ve got one that has a lot of experience on our dime over the last several years. And I’d like to use it.”
Garrett’s contract expires after the 2019 season. He went into the 2014 season with one year remaining on his deal and won the division title and a wild-card playoff game, the last time the Cowboys won in the postseason.
Jones signed Garrett to a five-year extension that offseason.
After the Cowboys’ 24-22 victory over the Seahawks on Saturday night, Jones wouldn’t talk about Garrett’s contract situation. But he repeatedly praised the job Garrett has done.
“It is a feeling that I’m proud for him,” Jones said. “I know how hard he works. He’s right there with the hardest working coach that we’ve had, and that’s supposed to pay off. But he certainly has some things that he’s worked on, like all of us do, and he’s gotten much better at it. But I know that he’s worked real hard to put a team like this, young team on the field, a lot of his fingerprints are on this team, and so I’m proud that he’s having this success as a head coach.”
Garrett won coach of the year honors after the 2016 season, but the Cowboys lost to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at home in the divisional round. Garrett now is 2-2 in the postseason.
The Cowboys have not played in an NFC Championship Game since 1995, which was the last time they won a Super Bowl title.

Jerry Jones: Narrative on Jason Garrett should change after playoff win

Posted by Charean Williams on January 6, 2019, 1:18 AM EST

GettyImages-1090311182-e1546755477602.jpg

Getty Images

Jason Garrett entered the season with everyone believing he needed a playoff win to keep his job. Jerry Jones never sounded as if he needed to see his coach win a playoff game this season.
No matter, the heat is off Garrett.
He got his second career playoff victory since becoming the full-time coach in 2011.
“I think that this win against a very credible Seattle team will make people think more highly of Jason,” Jones said. “And you look around at all the teams that are on the search for Red October, trying to find them a head coach right now, and we’ve got one that has a lot of experience on our dime over the last several years. And I’d like to use it.”
Garrett’s contract expires after the 2019 season. He went into the 2014 season with one year remaining on his deal and won the division title and a wild-card playoff game, the last time the Cowboys won in the postseason.
Jones signed Garrett to a five-year extension that offseason.
After the Cowboys’ 24-22 victory over the Seahawks on Saturday night, Jones wouldn’t talk about Garrett’s contract situation. But he repeatedly praised the job Garrett has done.
“It is a feeling that I’m proud for him,” Jones said. “I know how hard he works. He’s right there with the hardest working coach that we’ve had, and that’s supposed to pay off. But he certainly has some things that he’s worked on, like all of us do, and he’s gotten much better at it. But I know that he’s worked real hard to put a team like this, young team on the field, a lot of his fingerprints are on this team, and so I’m proud that he’s having this success as a head coach.”
Garrett won coach of the year honors after the 2016 season, but the Cowboys lost to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at home in the divisional round. Garrett now is 2-2 in the postseason.
The Cowboys have not played in an NFC Championship Game since 1995, which was the last time they won a Super Bowl title.

Probably the worst thing about winning today. :(

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I'm enjoying the win a little more. Still frustrating that we allow so many mistakes turn into failed drives or worse, big plays to the opposition, but we performed when we needed to and put together two successful drives late in the game when it mattered.

Dak played an excellent game but it's not a statistically brilliant game so he's likely not going to get the recognition he deserves on this one. He was under pressure all day and frequently had to drop back or run out of the pocket but in a sign of growing maturity, was only sacked once for a small loss. This is a huge step in the right direction because my biggest gripe with him this year has been his tendency to hold the ball in the face of the play breaking down. Was very unlucky for that interception in the end-zone, Brown really should have caught that one. The offensive line without Frederick all year, Martin and Smith struggling for fitness and now with Williams in at LG has made his (and Zeke's) job much harder this year but he's slowly learning to adapt.

The difference between our front 5 of 2016 and now is dramatic; we used to be able to run the ball at will and continually give Dak 4 or more seconds to get a pass off. Now we're battling for 1&2 yard gains up the middle and Dak is being forced to drop back on virtually every play. Travis can't come back soon enough, here's hoping he, Smith and Martin are all at full fitness next year.

Just fear for what Donald could do to us if we can’t get the running game going.
Won’t matter cause Philly are not scoring enough points with no running game to beat the Bears on the road anyway.

If you cannot move the ball on the ground you will struggle to win playoff games and look at today’s results. Houston and Seahawks both nearly had season lows on the ground today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wears off though as soon as a game is done.

If you are a Cowboys QB or any player really no matter who you are on here the hate runs from the uneducated trolls 365 days a year 24/7!

Reasonable discussion is long gone hence why most Cowboys supporters here just don't bother bar the odd 1 or 2, much easier to get mature discussion elsewhere or just discuss in here. Gets to the point where it is just mehhhh and not worth even saying a thing.

Yep, being psychologically unsuited to response and only being willing to exist in a self praising echo chamber disproves the bandwagoner thing :p

LA in a heartbeat, we have heaps of fans on the West Coast.

The superdome however will be a very hostile environment in playoffs, hopefully the Eagles can do us a solid.

The Saints are a far better team IMO.

Your defence is capable of stopping the rams- heck we managed it a few weeks ago.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Yep, being psychologically unsuited to response and only being willing to exist in a self praising echo chamber disproves the bandwagoner thing :p

Can get better neutral NFL chat on other fora. It’s a bit derp derp, sfellow sfellow here.

Can get better neutral NFL chat on other fora. It’s a bit derp derp, sfellow sfellow here.

And yet here you are sulking away.

It must be the top notch analysis in the Cowboys thread...

*Looks for it.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Weren't you a mod/are a mod on Bay 13 ? I would think derp derp sfellow sfellow is right down your alley.

Because it is a nice side dish to the more informed AFL discussion you can also get here. You need the latter first, and you don’t really get that here for NFL. Well, not to the degree you can elsewhere anyway. I mean the general NFL thread works for some people here and that’s great but it’s definitely not the way everyone wants to experience NFL talk online. The way some people from there swing their genitalia around and cast aspersions on those who stick to the team threads can be a little pathetic tbh.

The team threads are like watching the game with likeminded friends, but when you want elite tier banter or insight there are other places for it. You get the memes and commentary fresh before people pass it off as their own here ;)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
And yet here you are sulking away.

It must be the top notch analysis in the Cowboys thread...

*Looks for it.

Didn’t say there was top notch analysis in the thread, in fact, my next post said otherwise.

The “sulking” comment is just weird. Textbook case of the trash tier banter I am talking about. “I’m not upset, you’re upset!!!!!!!!”.

Cmon man.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Because it is a nice side dish to the more informed AFL discussion you can also get here. You need the latter first, and you don’t really get that here for NFL. Well, not to the degree you can elsewhere anyway. I mean the general NFL thread works for some people here and that’s great but it’s definitely not the way everyone wants to experience NFL talk online. The way some people from there swing their genitalia around and cast aspersions on those who stick to the team threads can be a little pathetic tbh.

Fair enough, each to their own, but I can't stand Bay 13 for similar reasons, much more derp going on over there (and the main board for that matter also) IMO.

Non game day discussion on here is generally pretty good discussion in the weekly thread.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
At the very least you used to po

Fair enough, each to their own, but I can't stand Bay 13 for similar reasons, much more derp going on over

It definitely ain’t what it used to be. 2007-2011 was peak Bay 13.

Didn’t say there was top notch analysis in the thread, in fact, my next post said otherwise.

The “sulking” comment is just weird. Textbook case of the trash tier banter I am talking about.

You claimed to be limiting your posting to here because of the 'derp derp' posting in other threads. That implied you post here because there's something alternative. Something like, I don't know, quality analysis.

I accept that getting to that point does require a look for the underlying message beyond the plain words, and I accept that it's a pretty common tactic of the disingenuous to subsequently deny the intended meaning when it can't be supported. Good for you superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back