Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Ah well, good season. Comprehensively dismantled today by a superior team.

Still plenty of work to do. I remain unconvinced on Prescott and his ability to deliver in enough key moments.

Last edited:

Much needed stop right there

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
First stop all night too. If it's also the last, we're not gonna win

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
First time we've given up 30 points all season

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Our defence have carried a disproportionate load all year. Hard to blame them for crumbling a bit at the end.

Defence has no answers for all the weapons the Rams have. Can’t win the game if your offence isn’t on the field.

Prescott has been good. Elliott not so much - would have liked to see Prescott running more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
others may not blame the D but I will. Every playoff game we have lost we have given up 30+ points. You aren't going to win playoff games giving away that amount of points. Romo couldn't overcome it, Dak sure ain't.

If we are ever going to make it out the divisional round our defense is actually going to have to play well in these games.

The problem with Dallas has always been the conservative nature of Garrett, and that filters down through the line coaches.

I wanted Romo gone, and I want Garrett gone. Get someone who can fire up the players and motivate them.

Only Garrett could coach a team where his quarterback gets sacked by his own teammate.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
The problem with Dallas has always been the conservative nature of Garrett, and that filters down through the line coaches.

I wanted Romo gone, and I want Garrett gone. Get someone who can fire up the players and motivate them.

Only Garrett could coach a team where his quarterback gets sacked by his own teammate.
I agree Garrett is conservative and will be happy to see a new coach. I just don't think he was overly conservative today. We went for it on 4th down far more than usual.

That facemask from Jones on 3rd and 14 was the moment we lost the match. Just a massive momentum killer.

others may not blame the D but I will. Every playoff game we have lost we have given up 30+ points. You aren't going to win playoff games giving away that amount of points. Romo couldn't overcome it, Dak sure ain't.

If we are ever going to make it out the divisional round our defense is actually going to have to play well in these games.
100% the defence could have played better, but they were going up against the 2nd best offence in the NFL. It was the best unit they'd faced all year and they did a decent job on the first two drives to limit them to a field goal. But they were also on the field for nearly 3/4 of the first half and you can't underestimate the effect which a physical toll like that has on players, particularly when it comes to stuffing the run.

The offence needed to do more earlier in the game. They weren't comprehensively beaten like our defence was, they had their chances and failed to capitalise on them which ended up working against us both ways as our defence ended up having 3 minute breaks on the sidelines between drives. The few missed throws, dropped catches and s**t play calls came back to haunt us more than we could imagine.

But at the end of the day, we were beaten by a clearly better team AND beaten on the road which is something I can live with. Had we lost to Seattle last week I would have been livid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back