Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

This page has got very quiet with the draft around the corner.

The Dak situation isn't very good at the moment. He wants a lot and people are saying we should pay him. With Zeke and Amari having huge deals, do we really want to lose more good players to pay Zeke? Has he done enough. 40-24 record, has 22 touchdowns and 26 intercepts in those losses, compared to 70 touchdowns and 10 intercepts in the wins. Clearly when we struggle, Zac struggles and vice versa.

He won't have Frederick to protect him in that O line. He thinks well and can go on a long march with short passes up the field, but he lacks penetration for the really big throw.

Would anybody entertain a trade with the Dolphins or the Chargers to get 5 or 6 to get Justin Herbert? I've seen suggestions of us having to give up 17 for that trade but I'd rather give up next year's 1st and get a 2nd back.

I saw an article that suggested we get Cam Newton as cover until a rookie QB made their mark.

The consensus seems to be that having that much spent on 3 players will dismantle our list. I can see Herbert being the typical Cowboys QB leader and we don't have to pay him immediately.

I love Dak, but something has got to give sooner or later. Make him play out the year with the franchise tag and he either earns his money or take a rookie QB in the first round while they are there?

I love Dak, but something has got to give sooner or later. Make him play out the year with the franchise tag and he either earns his money or take a rookie QB in the first round while they are there?
I don't love Dak....would be OK with us moving him on, but really depends on what McCarthy wants.

Do people expect Love to be on the board at our pick? Does Tua slide far enough to get him in a trade (unlikely)?

I'd rather Dalton then Cam. Would cost less and no health concerns. Can you even do a health check on Cam in person at this point?

That being said we need to go oline/dline first picks of the draft.

I'm okay with paying Dak 35 mil. If he wants the 40 then there are issues. Depends on the future salary cap as well. We have been lucky to go from Romo to Dak. Hoping to hit on a qb three times in a row is probably pushing it.

Don't know how the dollars stack up but surely most of us want to see Dak there with McCarthy. FWIW Newton hasn't been the same since the SB loss IMO.

Amari on $100m over 5 years. Zeke on $90m over 6 years.

Scribes are saying our list will be pulled apart by Dak's demand. He wants Mahommes money. He needs to prove himself more on playoffs for mine.

Both Jerry and McCarthy are all about offense. If he works out we'll be putting up 40 a game. Whether we concede 45 is another matter. Feels like we'll be going back to the Romo years with the gap between O and D.

Cowboys selected Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb with the No. 17 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Lamb (6’2/198) was a three-year starting outside receiver at Oklahoma who earned consensus All-American honors as a true junior by posting a 62/1,324/14 receiving line. He easily led the draft class in yards per target (15.1) and yards after the catch (11.0), seamlessly dodging would-be tacklers in open space. He wins at the line of scrimmage with quick feet and finishes off plays with in-air adjustments, drawing comparisons to DeAndre Hopkins. Lamb will be utilized in the screen game and on vertical routes as an all-around go-to slot option with Dallas despite being an average-sized wideout with 4.50 speed. His elite production, ball skills, and after-the-catch magic give him top-10 potential from Day 1. With only Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup still around as viable wideouts, Lamb will undoubtedly start in three-wide sets as a 21-year-old rookie out the gates, pushing Cooper to the slot at times. Lamb himself also led the nation in yards per route run (6.11) from the slot last year.
Apr 23, 2020, 10:18 PM ET

Still, Dak doesn't have the most penetrating arm around so he's still going to rely on these guys getting open quickly and doubling back for shorter gains, and he doesn’t have as much protection now with Frederick gone so he will be looking to get the ball off quicker.

Would be so much better if deep throws were part of his arsenal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceedee lamb

Was a no brainer with him still on the boards. We got Top 10 talent for #17 and a bloke widely regarded as the best WR in the country from college.

Also we lost Cobb who needed to be replaced. Check out Philly boards and they are pissed off bad we took their dream pick!

If we went S/CB in the first round I would of vomited.

Also if anyone wants a laugh check this out after we took Lamb!

Couple of my favourites!

Eagles 1.JPG

Eagles 2.JPG

Jerry is killing it this year! Keep waiting for him to do something stupid, but so far so good!

I know DE is a need, but no way in hell should Lamb have fallen to them. WR is also a need, admittedly probably not in Rd 1, but you just couldn’t pass up that talent at pick 17. McCarthy now has a stacked offense to work with for at least the next two years, assuming they can get this Dak contract sorted.

You have Gallup just doing his thing on one side & you can get extremely creative with Lamb & Cooper in the slot or out wide. Don’t forget about Zeke either, let’s see what happens when teams don’t stack the box because they’re petrified about the aerial attack.

Then Diggs falls to you in middle of round 2 and, again, Jerry doesn’t stuff it up! Most mocks & sims I tried always had Diggs gone late 1 or early 2nd. Never thought he’d get to us at 51.

DE or S at 82 and I’m a very happy Cowboys fan two days into the draft.

We happy with Looney as our starting Centre?
We convinced Smith can stay healthy for entire season?
We have invested heavily in our offensive weapons, i hope our line can hold up.
DL and OL next if any quality left.

We happy with Looney as our starting Centre?
We convinced Smith can stay healthy for entire season?
We have invested heavily in our offensive weapons, i hope our line can hold up.
DL and OL next if any quality left.
Yeah i reckon we take both in the next few rounds and i also want a late QB as i don't like Cooper Rush in the back up role at all.

Lots of good options at C still and only 1 has been taken so far.

Neville Gallimore seems like a nice selection too.
Watching his tape now and he is a bull rushing monster and will be very valuable on short 3rd down plays as he really penetrates the LOS for tackle for losses and is super quick for his size, also ran a faster 40 sprint to then D Law at the combine.

Good get at #82 in an area of need and he was a projected 2nd Rd pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back