Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Cowboys waived QB Cooper Rush.
Rush threw just three regular season passes for the Cowboys. Dak Prescott has started 64-of-64 regular season games since being drafted in 2016. The former undrafted free agent should have a chance to catch on around the league and compete for a backup role in training camp. The Cowboys will move forward with Dalton as their high-end backup.
SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter
May 4, 2020, 11:18 AM ET

Cowboys waived QB Cooper Rush.
Rush threw just three regular season passes for the Cowboys. Dak Prescott has started 64-of-64 regular season games since being drafted in 2016. The former undrafted free agent should have a chance to catch on around the league and compete for a backup role in training camp. The Cowboys will move forward with Dalton as their high-end backup.
SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter
May 4, 2020, 11:18 AM ET
Good riddance.

Wow this is the first time I can remember us having a decent backup QB.

You know, other than Dak
You do know Dak has been a starting QB from week 1 of his rookie season right?

Tony Romo was #1 on the depth chart when he was injured and Dak came in to replace him.

Ergo, he was the backup :think:
so you believed Dak Prescott was a decent backup for 3 pre-season games?

Getting ahead of yourself a bit......

so you believed Dak Prescott was a decent backup for 3 pre-season games?

Getting ahead of yourself a bit......

Well if he came in as a decent starter, then he had to be a decent backup sight unseen, right? It may be the benefit of hindsight telling us that, but it still true.

Any of you peoples watched the 'All or nothing' series on Amazon?

Just started watching it now, and keen to hear thoughts on it

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Zeke has tested positive for COVID - per Rapoport.

Apparently asymptomatic & in good spirits.
Someone he was around a few day previously tested positive, so he went for a test as a precaution. His mum & sister we’re also present around this other person at the time but have tested negative.

Dallas Morning News' Calvin Watkins reports the Cowboys and Dak Prescott are "not close" to a long-term contact.
They have until July 15 to agree to terms, otherwise Prescott will play out the 2020 season on the franchise tag. That would mean Prescott is betting on himself once again. Playing seasons on the franchise tag is certainly lucrative -- he'd be eligible for a second franchise tag next season, too -- but there's no long-term guarantees. Both parties likely want structure, but Prescott isn't going to settle for anything less than $35 million annually. The Patrick Mahomes contract certainly elevated Prescott's leverage. We'll see if Jerry Jones improves his offerings early this week.
SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter
Jul 12, 2020, 5:57 PM ET

ESPN's Todd Archer reports there are "no talks scheduled" between franchise player Dak Prescott and the Cowboys ahead of Wednesday's deadline to reach a long-term contract.
NFL Network's Jane Slater reported something similar Monday morning, saying there wasn't much optimism a long-term deal would be reached ahead of Wednesday's deadline. Prescott already signed his franchise tender, locking him into $31.409 million for this season. At worst, the tag would again be available to the Cowboys next offseason, but that would certainly strain things between the two sides. Prescott seems content playing out the one-year tag and betting on himself before a monster payday next March.
SOURCE: ESPN
Jul 13, 2020, 2:55 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and it begins, thats for this season, let alone whats going to happen over the next few seasons....

Dak was stupid, should of signed and ran

Dak was stupid, should of signed and ran

Absolutely and not only for those reasons..

Apparently he did try and scramble last minute but was told that there wasn't enough time to finalise it before the dealine. Kind of funny if true.

Seems dak was getting some terrible advice from his hang-er-on-ers...everyone wanting a piece of the pie and trying to squeeze every penny out of Jerrah.

Unless his brother is some sort of economic wiz and I'm mistaken, it's going to cost him a small fortune not getting a deal done. Family members should just butt the * out of contract negotiations. Shits me to tears. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Seems dak was getting some terrible advice from his hang-er-on-ers...everyone wanting a piece of the pie and trying to squeeze every penny out of Jerrah.

Unless his brother is some sort of economic wiz and I'm mistaken, it's going to cost him a small fortune not getting a deal done. Family members should just butt the fu** out of contract negotiations. Shits me to tears. Nothing good ever comes from it.
Yeah his brothers tweet was a real good way to piss off Jerry and i can see a divorce coming soon as i highly doubt we pay him what he wants.

Win a SB Dak and then we can talk because at the moment your leverage aint that great and only diminishing with a loud mouth brother going off at the franchise publicly that actually gave your Bro a chance at this level with belief in him coupled with a great running game and elite OL protecting you.

Go to Cinci and see how you go.....

Yeah his brothers tweet was a real good way to piss off Jerry and i can see a divorce coming soon as i highly doubt we pay him what he wants.

Win a SB Dak and then we can talk because at the moment your leverage aint that great and only diminishing with a loud mouth brother going off at the franchise publicly that actually gave your Bro a chance at this level with belief in him coupled with a great running game and elite OL protecting you.

Go to Cinci and see how you go.....

Saw a report that suggested if the Raiders didn't draft Conner Cook before the Boys he was their guy ahead of Dak.

So much of it comes down to situation with QBs. Dak has played well but not every team gives you an oline like he's had since day one.

Should be grateful for what the organisation has given him and where he ended up.

Saw a report that suggested if the Raiders didn't draft Conner Cook before the Boys he was their guy ahead of Dak.

So much of it comes down to situation with QBs. Dak has played well but not every team gives you an oline like he's had since day one.

Should be greatful for what the organisation has given him and where he ended up.
This is the way 95% of Cowboys supporters are currently feeling i am reading everywhere especially US Cowboy based big forums.

His Brothers tweet was shot down by thousands of Cowboys supporters and rightly so. * i would be happen to go in with Dalton starting behind our OL and WR weapons coupled with Zeke to hand off to.

This is the way 95% of Cowboys supporters are currently feeling i am reading everywhere especially US Cowboy based big forums.

His Brothers tweet was shot down by thousands of Cowboys supporters and rightly so. fu** i would be happen to go in with Dalton starting behind our OL and WR weapons coupled with Zeke to hand off to.

Should also count his blessings that Moore, a former QB himself, became his oc in a contract year and drew up as many pass plays as he did.

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports suspended DE Randy Gregory has been reinstated.
Gregory had been in the reinstatement process since February. The Cowboys had given up hope of him returning, but the new CBA likely helped. Gregory will miss six games in an "acclimation period" and is eligible to return in Week 7. Gregory hasn't played since 2018 but this gives the Cowboys another pass rusher.
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk

Wouldn't mind having Gregory back in the fold if he can stay clean and start to fulfill some of his potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back