mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Yikes...rough draft overall I think, far cry from 2020. Got pipped at the post for the two CB’s in Rd 1 & Moehrig in Rd 2.

Wish they went Salter over Parsons, but looks like they were hell bent on investing heavily in the defence with the top 100 picks, which is fair enough after what we saw last season.

Some guys with definite characters concerns in Parsons, Joseph & Ball. Hopefully Parsons & Joseph is just a maturity thing, but Ball...yuck, don’t want him anywhere near the 53 man roster (or PS for that matter) with that DV rap sheet.

Favourite pick is Jabril Cox, outstanding value at 115. The writing is on the wall for LVE & Jaylon now, basically got their replacements ready to take over in 2022!

Nov 8, 2000
Head in the clouds
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Yikes...rough draft overall I think, far cry from 2020. Got pipped at the post for the two CB’s in Rd 1 & Moehrig in Rd 2.

Wish they went Salter over Parsons, but looks like they were hell bent on investing heavily in the defence with the top 100 picks, which is fair enough after what we saw last season.

Some guys with definite characters concerns in Parsons, Joseph & Ball. Hopefully Parsons & Joseph is just a maturity thing, but Ball...yuck, don’t want him anywhere near the 53 man roster (or PS for that matter) with that DV rap sheet.

Favourite pick is Jabril Cox, outstanding value at 115. The writing is on the wall for LVE & Jaylon now, basically got their replacements ready to take over in 2022!
I'm not sure of the details re Parsons. He was named in a lawsuit but wasn't the defendant, in regards to hazing. Joseph got into altercations with different coaching staff so need more context there.

Ball though ... fu** that guy.

Jerry does seem to look for troubled sliders because success is more important than being ethical.

However ... the incidents with Ball happened between 2016-17. He was 18-19 at the time. He claims to have done a lot of growing as a person, and if you listen to his phone call audio, the guy was in tears. I think he knows he is lucky to be given a chance given his history, and I hope he does some good with his opportunity and turns himself into a role model.

Last edited:

Chism

Sep 7, 2008
Planet Salma
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cowboys/Pacers HotSpurs/Dodgers
I'm not sure of the details re Parsons. He was named in a lawsuit but wasn't the defendant, in regards to hazing. Joseph got into altercations with different coaching staff so need more context there.

Ball though ... fu** that guy.

Jerry does seem to look for troubled sliders because success is more important than being ethical.

However ... the incidents with Ball happened between 2016-17. He was 18-19 at the time. He claims to have done a lot of growing as a person, and if you listen to his phone call audio, the guy was in tears. I think he knows he is lucky to be given a chance given his history, and I hope he does some good with his opportunity and turns himself into a role model.
Ball was touted as a Rd2 pick without the Priors.

Everyone deserves a chance and like you said it was a few years ago and people do mature admitting mistakes.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
In every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George
Cowboys declined LB Leighton Vander Esch's fifth-year option for the 2022 season.
The writing was on the wall the moment Dallas traded back for Penn State LB Micah Parsons in the first round of Thursday's draft. LVE's 13 absences the past two years obviously played a major factor in this decision, foregoing the $9.145 million he otherwise would have been owed in 2022. For what it's worth, Jaylon Smith remains under contract through the 2025 season.
SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter
May 3, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad