Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeoman

Draftee
Sep 6, 2001
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Hey, to you all it may seem like whining, but hear me out. Flozell Adams got fined for cut blocking a JAX D-Lineman. The fine would have been alright, but how come they let San Fran get away with (20 years and counting) and Denver (5 years and counting) get away with it. Great example - a few years ago, the year Denver won it's first SB, Chad Hennings got high-lowed by two Denver O-lineman, a play in which Terrel Davis took it up the middle for liek 65 yd TD. The ref was right there but he didn;t call the infraction. replay after replay showed the dirty tactic that the Denver O-line used against Hennings. I mean they could have ended Hennings career (He was out for 8 weeks and never got back to form that season) but no fine from the NFL.

But it's just not me who sees taht Denver is cheap in their O-line blocking scheme. In last year's playoff matchup bewteen the Ravens and Broncos, Rob Burnett issued a warning to the Denver O-linemen - any illegal blocks, especially the high-lows, and they would pay for it right then and there. It's some cheap ass sh*t that they pull, not to mention very dangerous. Well, the Broncos didn't do any high-lows, but maybe taht was becasue if they did so, the whole world would see just how dirty and cheap they are.

Yeoman, I don't see enough Denver games to agree or disagree with you but if they are using illegal tatics and getting away with them, then good luck to them. Their offensive line must be doing something right. It seems even I could rush for a 1000 yards with that offensive line.

Anyway good luck to your Cowboys against my Mighty Bucs on Sunday. I'm looking foward to Warrick Dunn having another 200+ yard rushing game and the Bucs might even throw the ball in this game because it not like the Cowboys defense is capable of stopping it.:)

The Broncos get away with a lot, especially in their home stadium. The worst guys are McCaffrey and Romanowski; seems like one of them is always throwing the occasional cheap shot. I think they might have had domestic abuse problems at home, actually.

Also MD (Yeoman) the flip side to that is the media hatred of the Cowboys especially the ESPN website, TV & Radio (from the feedback that I read). I can’t say that we have the same thing here in our Football (AFL) but I do know there are some journalists that are very bias toward certain teams eg. Rohan Conolly from The Age newspaper (sp?) & Mark Robinson from the Herald Sun are ridiculously pro Essendon & Graham Cornes is extremely pro Adelaide & Port Adelaide to a lesser extent in his TV commentary duties.

I think the only friend the Cowboys have in the National Media in the US is John Madden & Pat Summerall who btw are IMHO the best commentary team bar none in American Sports. Perhaps with Troy Aikman & Moose Johnson in the booth this year we may see a ‘righting of the ship’ so to speak this year.

sorry fellas, kinda got sidetracked on that post cause of the Broncos and stuff. What I meant to say was that the broncos and the 9ers continually cut block and yes, it works, but it's dangerous and players can get injured rea; easily. Yeah it works, but it's just that well, I've ssen to man y injuries from it. When Flozell made teh cut block, it was legal. Go figure.

Yeah, the media is pretty bad, especially espn. I mean, when the Boys were winnig the SB's, espn didn;t really give them their props like they gave the 49ers. Also, when Jerry Rice gets caught at a brothel (masquerading as a massage parlor) that other san Fran players went to, just a little blurb. Rice said he was innocent but how come he was in a towel hiding in a bathroom stall??? Also, when Jim Drunkenmiller was accused of rape (Ican't remember if it was true or not) very little mention but when Irvin and Williams are acused falsely of raping a stripper, well, the whole media is in an uproar and all but proclaim their guilt. Yeah, it's pretty bad, but that's what happens when your the best and everyone is trying to take pot shots at you. Anyway, till next time.

Could you imagine if Ray Lewis played for the Cowboys?? Would Tags let him off the hook as easily as he did??

Nobody denies that the Cowboys have had their problems but a little bit of balance in the media reporting is all that we ask. Again if Rae Curruth (sp?) or Mark Chmura played for the 'Boys it would have been a media shark-like feeding frenzy.

Yeoman, I would however, have liked to been a fly on the wall (or even a participant) at the infamous 'White House' sessions back in the day. ;) How much of that was true and how much urban legend?

Looking Forward to MNF

Looking forward to MNF this week with the Dallas Cowboys travelling to the NY Giants. Bill Parcells goes back to East Rutherford in the enemy camp, not for the 1st time but the 1st time as the head coach of the hated Dallas Cowboys. Should be a cracker (I hope). :(

Azzo are you a Dolphins fan? You must be distraught after loosing to the Texans in week 1!! I know exactly how you feel. :eek:

well you shouldnt have been disapppointed

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
Looking forward to MNF this week with the Dallas Cowboys travelling to the NY Giants. Bill Parcells goes back to East Rutherford in the enemy camp, not for the 1st time but the 1st time as the head coach of the hated Dallas Cowboys. Should be a cracker (I hope). :(
Well you shouldn't have been disappointed. How on earth did they lose it with 11 seconds to go? 3 incredible plays. the kickoff going out. the pass. the 52 yard goal. incredible stuff.

stole defeat ....

Re: Does anybody hit harder than Dallas safety Roy Williams?

John Lynch hits hard, and Rodney Harrison can be scary when fit.

phat said:
John Lynch hits hard
I reckon Atlanta's RB's hit harder :D

Rather ironic too that Lynch would accuse the Falcons of a cheap shot.

He has great technique and does hit hard, but he's losing the speed he once had.

I with Marcuz on Roy Williams - biggest and best timed hits in the NFL atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Dawkins.

If you saw his hit on Tai Streets in the Lions game, you know how hard this guy hits when he connects.

phat said:
John Lynch hits hard,
I love this

ducket5.gif

He didn't look too hard here. :)

Did Roy Williams even grab or tackle anybody on Monday against the Eagles? He certainly didn't hit anybody during the open-house the Cowboys were hosting for the Eagles offense in their own end zone!!

What a great game that was. That Donovan McNabb scramble play where he covered the entire backfield before throwing was awesome.

Porthos said:
What a great game that was. That Donovan McNabb scramble play where he covered the entire backfield before throwing was awesome.
I reckon TO was pretty awesome. That first TD was brilliant.

The entire Dallas secondary was awful, including RW. All McNabb had to do was put the ball up to them. Pinkston's catch just illustrating how bad the Dallas secondary was.

Yeah, its always good to see two defenders remove each other from the contest. TO was awesome, but that McNabb play should've been a really nasty sack.

Agreed. I still think McNabb is the best scrambling QB in the league because he does it when he has to.

The defense can use a linebaker to spy the quaterback with a degree of certainty against Vick, but against McNabb, especially with Owens running as hard as he does, the defense are losing out in coverage. Culpepper relies on a good arm and his strength, defenses know he will run, but McNabb IMO has far better presence and play selection.

But having Owens as a primary target just softens the whole defence. Moss is good and does likewaise, but give me TO any day.

Julius Jones

How good could this kid be in the future? Could he end up as the best RB taken from the previous NFL Draft (Steven Jackson, Kevin Jones)? Just imagine if the Cowboys had him for the whole season, defensive problems or not.

Re: Julius Jones

DBAH0 said:
How good could this kid be in the future? Could he end up as the best RB taken from the previous NFL Draft (Steven Jackson, Kevin Jones)? Just imagine if the Cowboys had him for the whole season, defensive problems or not.

I've posted before that he reminds me of a young emmitt smith. He is no ferrari when he breaks into space like a faulk or portis but his first couple of gears serve him well and he is very explosive over the first 20 so he can exploit any holes the defense gives him.

He is a very smart RB, he reads the defense very well and is able to change his route based on what the D serves up. that was Emmitt's greatest strength. His hands need a litle work as he dropped some easy passes but you cant question his running ability.

Before last years draft i wanted Kevin Jones basically because he was a bigger and faster RB but even though kevin Jones had a blinder last weekend im very much happy with JJ....just hope he goes on with it now as teams will start to plan for him and thats when it will get hard.

Re: Julius Jones

Lets not put him in the hall of fame just yet. When he can do it against good defenses on a regular basis then he will get the kudos he deserves. He has had a couple of nice games against weak defenses but he is still only a rookie with potential at this point. He averages less YPC than both Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back