Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

I agree Garrett is conservative and will be happy to see a new coach. I just don't think he was overly conservative today. We went for it on 4th down far more than usual.

That facemask from Jones on 3rd and 14 was the moment we lost the match. Just a massive momentum killer.

A proactive coach says 'We'll receive' when they win the toss, and throws a different look when everyone knows that the Rams were going to go after Elliott by telling Prescott to run from the first drive to make the Rams' d-line think twice.

Not Garrett. He went with what everyone was saying was the Cowboys' strength and sent our defence on the field and the Rams had the opportunity to get on the front foot early - the ease by which they were shifting the defence was evident early on. I reckon they only went for the field goal because they were thinking 'It can't be this easy, surely.'

And Garrett is supposed to be an offensive coach.

Garrett is the sort of coach you want when you've got the best team in the NFL and you need a babysitter who is going to keep everyone happy. He went for it on 4th not because he wanted to, but because he knew he had to if he wanted to stay in the game.

Just got home from a friends house watching the game and it was a disappointing loss but i am not surprised with Garrett and Linehan calling the offensive plays and we were totally out coached as McVay had us guessing all game as the defense for once could not carry the inept offense after doing it all season.

Full credit to the Rams and they deserve to advance as they totally out played us. That hands to the face penalty on 3rd and 15 and also the late 4th and 1 we failed to convert summed up our night and the better team won.

After the 1st Qtr i was surprised we kept it within a 1 score game for the most part as we just could not get Goff and Co. off the field.

Sad thing is Garrett is still going to be extended and we still may lose Kris Richard. :(

Going into next season we are still not much better than a little over .500 team.

Last edited:

carey.gif

This sort of response i love as you are taking on accountability and admitting your were beat while trying to stop it happening in future.

Meanwhile Garrett will still be clapping like the fool he is with his head in arse syndrome.

Worst thing is as we enter next season we are most likely going to be without Kris as he is highly sought after for HC jobs and Garrett is extended.

#fuknkillme

Wow, people really hate Prescott.

Dak goes for 266 yards on 20/32 completion, yet he can’t throw...while Goff goes for 158 yards on 15/28 completion having twice the amount of time on field.

If Prescott is bad, Goff is shithouse.

Also...apparently Linehan refused to take reporters questions after the game.

Firstly, what a dickless chump - you make stupid calls in the limited time your team has the ball, you should face the music.

Secondly - let’s hope Jones pisses him off and we get someone decent like Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma.

I did think Williams did alright today on the basis that I didn't hear about him nor Aaron Donald that much and when you're an offensive linesman you usually don't get discussed for doing a good job. Nonetheless, Travis Frederick can't come back soon enough and nor can clean bills of health for Martin and Smith. A full lineup of Smith-Williams-Frederick-Martin-Collins would bring back the old Legion of Room days.

Glad Bayless has posted that. Guy is a bit of a flog but he gets airtime.

Bayless is a massive Cowboys fan from his time writing in Dallas. The problem is that because he is who he is most people dismiss his points because of that. He’s never been a fan of Garrett.

Listening to Romo's comments during the Chiefs/Patriots game, you realise that Tony's problem wasn't that he didn't know how to read the defence, but that he was prone to losing his s**t under pressure.

He'd make a better coach than he ever was a player.

Listening to Romo's comments during the Chiefs/Patriots game, you realise that Tony's problem wasn't that he didn't know how to read the defence, but that he was prone to losing his s**t under pressure.

He'd make a better coach than he ever was a player.
Hence the reason he was an UDFA and made the most out of his limited talent which was still well above average anyway.

He has a great football brain and a nous not many others have. Neutrals will just hate him cause he was a Cowboy but deep down he has more natural knowledge of the game than so many others.

I agree he would make a great coach but doubt his persona fits the role not to mention the stress and BS that comes with the role. He has found his comfort zone commentating and he is damn good at it.

Money I doubt would also be a factor as he is pretty well off and not a dumb * with the money he has earned.

Today’s late game also saw the benefit of how far great coaching takes you in the playoffs.

BB held Mahomes and that potent offense to a near duck egg to half time with a defense that is mediocre at best.

We have Garrett. :(

Jj to draft Brett rypien as backup qb?

Forever in kellen moore shadow.
Though, no real boise players for you to take this year

Really only backup hb and 2nd/3rd string qb material

Can't believe we lost to that Rams' team.

Different when Gurley is all banged up.

Those campaigners were never winning the Superbowl after they obviously didn't deserve to be there. Saints would have won in a canter against the Patriots IMO.

Back