Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
1st half against the Texans has given me some hope for the year. Offense, defense and ST all have looked good and made some plays. Only preseason but good signs compared to the first couple of weeks

People say that Elliott won’t reach the end of the 8 years, but I think that’s the very reason why we signed Pollard - we wanted a duel threat out of the backfield so we could extend Elliott’s career.

Imagine having Pollard and Elliott in an I formation and being able to hand off left or right and know the opposition defence is going to leave a gap because they can’t cover both.

That’s how I’d be using them.

People say that Elliott won’t reach the end of the 8 years

Some guys are just freaks tho, so rational thinking doesn't apply, Zeke runs violently yet is never injured. I could easily see him doing some sort of Frank Gore superhuman s**t and playing til he's 38. Both of them are unbreakable cannonballs.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Going by the breakdown it basically 4 yrs and 50 mil with the last two years of the six year contract not going to be much dead cap space if we cut him. We have Zeke for 6 years at least with the option of 8 yrs. I doubt he sees the end of it but we are set at RB for a while.

A breakdown of Ezekiel Elliott’s eight-year, $102.9 million deal with the Dallas Cowboys:

Signing bonus - $7.5 million

2019 base salary - $752,137

2020 base salary - $6.8 million ($13 million option bonus)

2021 base salary - $9.6 million

2022 base salary - $12.4 million

2023 base salary - $10.9 million

2024 base salary - $10 million

2025 base salary - $15.4 million

2026 base salary - $16.6 million

Note: The first two years of the deal are fully guaranteed, totaling $28 million at signing. The base salaries in 2021 and 2022 become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league years in 2020 and 2021.

So it’s really a 6 year contract. He’ll never actually see the 2025 and 2026 money.

oh_my_hat

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2000
one-out in the goal squar
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Tottenham
New CBA next year to so who knows what the salary cap will look like.

Now we need to sign Dak and should have got it done before Jared Gogh signed his deal. Every new QB deal for a QB of any note resets the market and Dak and his agent believe he should be up there with the highest paid QB's.

On a positive can't wait to crush the Giants this week.

For all the Cowboys fans here I recommend downloading the Sports Day app for all your local Dallas radio sports talk it is a great listen. Download the app and listen to The Ticket. The Musers and The Hardline shows are my favourite you can also listen the the Top 10 each day and podcasts to pick an and choose the segments you like best. The Musers also do a Fake bit with one of them dialling in as either Fake Jerry (Jones), Fake Tiger Woods (really funny) and many others.

If you do listen tell me what you think.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    351.3 KB · Views: 98
Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
A breakdown of Ezekiel Elliott’s eight-year, $102.9 million deal with the Dallas Cowboys:

Signing bonus - $7.5 million

2019 base salary - $752,137

2020 base salary - $6.8 million ($13 million option bonus)

2021 base salary - $9.6 million

2022 base salary - $12.4 million

2023 base salary - $10.9 million

2024 base salary - $10 million

2025 base salary - $15.4 million

2026 base salary - $16.6 million

Note: The first two years of the deal are fully guaranteed, totaling $28 million at signing. The base salaries in 2021 and 2022 become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league years in 2020 and 2021.

So it’s really a 6 year contract. He’ll never actually see the 2025 and 2026 money.
Zeke got deep dicked and doesn't even know it.

Zeke got paid more than most running backs ever will. Look at Melvin as an example.
Barkley from the Giants will probably be the last high paid RB for a long time.

You don't reckon anyone will pay Kamara or CMAC? .... Hey, I hope you're right mate. 😉

Considering the way the conversation has gone with RBs and Zeke, I doubt they'll get what Zeke has gotten.

I'm not saying they will, but I reckon LeVeon , Gurley and Zeke (Gordon now too) have all taken a stand and made sure RBs won't be as criminally underpaid as they have been in the past 12 or years for now on. Good on them . Can see CMAC and Kamara fetching somewhere between LeVeon and Zeke's deal myself.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Some guys are just freaks tho, so rational thinking doesn't apply, Zeke runs violently yet is never injured. I could easily see him doing some sort of Frank Gore superhuman s**t and playing til he's 38. Both of them are unbreakable cannonballs.
One helmet to the knee and Zeke's career is over. It's one of the reasons why I have little issue with players seeking to maximise guaranteed money. That said, after seeing how the contract is constructed, I'd be firing my agent because the second stretch laughably favours the Cowboys. Like most things NFL, it's a PR contract not an actual value contract.

One helmet to the knee and Zeke's career is over. It's one of the reasons why I have little issue with players seeking to maximise guaranteed money. That said, after seeing how the contract is constructed, I'd be firing my agent because the second stretch laughably favours the Cowboys. Like most things NFL, it's a PR contract not an actual value contract.

Yea, Jerry knows money even better than he does football. It's honestly a brilliant deal for the Cowboys.

Maybe thats part of the reason why Zeke is so indestructible? He's demonstrated numerous times off field that he doesn't have a brain .. 😉

Back