Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet you could pretty much always bank on him hitting some 60 yard monster against us
That was his problem! People saw the range not the finesse.

Had a huge leg but so innacurate which usually leads to the sack when you are missing constantly inside 40yds.

Just check out how pumped all the cowboys beat writers & bloggers are on Twitter and that tells you all you need to know about the Fassel hire.

Can’t find the tweet now, but someone laid out every major stat for ST & the coywboys were 27th or worse in every category for the 2019 season. Obvious need addressed on the coaching side, still need to work on the personnel though.

Great signs that JJ is letting McCarthy totally assemble his own staff. Jerry liked Richard and went hard for him after the Seahawks sacked him and i am bit surprised by this and the fact he is letting McCarthy run the show and call every shot so far. Richard was the last bloke i thought JJ would let McCarthy let walk or tell him he is not needed.

Maybe JJ has finally decided to take a step back and let the head coach actually coach with his own crew who he wants under him. Still over 15yrs to late but gee at least it seems like it is happening now with our current roster that is not short on talent.

Very excited for the draft and next year for us honestly as it is pretty clear McCarthy is running this show now regarding our sidelines and thank * for that!

Jon Kitna will not be retained as the Cowboys' QBs coach.
Apparently recently-anointed head coach Mike McCarthy couldn't find a place for him on his new staff. With Kitna headed elsewhere, TEs coach Doug Nussmeier will likely serve as the team's new quarterbacks coach. An accomplished high school coach prior to joining the Cowboys (whom he spent four seasons with as a backup quarterback to Tony Romo), the 47-year-old Kitna should land on his feet.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Jan 13, 2020, 12:08 PM ET

David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys will not retain DBs coach/passing-game coordinator Kris Richard.
It's been a rough start to 2020 for Richard, who in a matter of weeks has gone from being a head-coaching candidate with the Giants to out of a job entirely. The Cowboys are also moving on from QBs coach Jon Kitna as new coach Mike McCarthy plans to bring in his own staff. Richard, a six-year NFL vet who began his coaching career under Pete Carroll in Seattle, shouldn't be out of work for long. Perhaps he'd be a fit for the Vikings, who recently fired long-time defensive coordinator George Edwards. McCarthy is expected to tap Texas A&M's Maurice Linguist as his new secondary coach.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Jan 13, 2020, 8:51 AM ET

Great signs that JJ is letting McCarthy totally assemble his own staff. Jerry liked Richard and went hard for him after the Seahawks sacked him and i am bit surprised by this and the fact he is letting McCarthy run the show and call every shot so far. Richard was the last bloke i thought JJ would let McCarthy let walk or tell him he is not needed.

Maybe JJ has finally decided to take a step back and let the head coach actually coach with his own crew who he wants under him. Still over 15yrs to late but gee at least it seems like it is happening now with our current roster that is not short on talent.

Very excited for the draft and next year for us honestly as it is pretty clear McCarthy is running this show now regarding our sidelines and thank fu** for that!

Just want to be clear that I'm liking this because JJ is releasing the reins, not because we're losing Richard which I'm not at all sure about. Really thought Kris did okay with the pass defence, especially considering the dogshit secondary we roll with.

Paying coaches means squat to me.

We are never going to have money problems on that front.

Salary Cap and player issues are a different issue so what Jerry wants to pay coaches is his own problem and we will never be short of funds on that front ever.

Coaching salaries are interesting really.

There's no salary cap, but to some degree it wouldn't be surprising if there is some degree of collusion between owners about what is payable as salary to suppress those wages. I suppose it does seem odd sometimes that there isn't more of an arms race in terms of coaching and wages.

Last edited:
Garrett the clapper to the G Men as OC!!

Bwahahahaha and enjoy him Saquon and the Giants fans!

Best news i have heard all weekend and the Gmen tank for the No.1 pick is on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching salaries are interesting really.

There's no salary cap, but to some degree it wouldn't be surprising if there is some degree of collusion between owners about what is payable as salary to suppress those wages. I suppose it does seem odd sometimes that there isn't more of an arms race in terms of coaching and wages.

There was talk of a few owners having the shits up with David Tepper for giving out such a big contract to Matt Rhule.

Ridiculous when you consider how much these pricks make every season.

A little bit late, but anyways

Amari Cooper, Cowboys agree to 5-year, $100M deal

Monday began with the Cowboys ensuring that their franchise quarterback would remain in Dallas, and it ended with them ensuring his No. 1 target wouldn't leave town, either.

The Cowboys and wide receiver Amari Cooper have reached an agreement in principle on a five-year, $100 million contract to stay with the Cowboys, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports. Rapoport adds that Cooper will receive $60 million in guarantees. The team later confirmed the deal.

ESPN first reported the news of the Cooper deal.

Super happy to keep him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back