Dallas Mavericks thread: Extend our Wood

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Everyone else has one, why not the 2011 NBA champions.

Here is the projected starting lineup

PG: Calderon, Devin 'Sex' Harris, some rookie named Larkin.
SG: Carter.
SF: Marion, Crowder.
PF: Dirk
C: Bernard James. Maybe Brandon Wright.

There are still chances Marion and Carter will not be on the roster when the season comes around.

Basically, we're ****ed. This will be the worst Mavs team in 15 years. Cuban has always said the worst thing to be is a treadmill team. That's exactly what we are. The signings of Calderon and Harris will probably push that win needle past 30 wins and out of top 3 pick range.

So, yeah, this.

2011-nba-champions-dallas-mavericks.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Celtics fans know that feeling brah.

Top team who got a title, now falling into the range you don't want to be. Enough talent to win some games, and not enough crap to lose enough games to get a very good pick.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
I take it Dallas fans would be against trading Dirk? Like Pierce in Boston?

Apr 18, 2003
The Room
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The contrasting approaches of Celtics & Mavericks is interesting.

We always knew Ainge was gonna be ruthless in his handling of an aging Big 3. Sure enough, he got rid of Pierce & Garnett with no hesitation.

On the other hand, Cuban, who you'd assume would be the one to make purely rational 'business' decisions, instead has created such an emotional bond with Dirk that he doesn't even entertain thoughts of possibly trading him.

Instead he's trying to salvage Dirk's last years, but his approach of releasing Chandler then keeping cap space by signing guys on el cheapo 1-year deals just hasn't worked. Understandably, Free Agents aren't enamoured with playing with an aging Nowitzki and a bunch of stop-gap players; a team of no youth and no depth.

Mavs whiffed on Deron & Howard and now are looking at Bynum :confused: and/or Ellis :oops:.

Similar situations but only one team was willing to let go of their franchise player. Will be interesting to see which team, the Celtics or the Mavs, will be rewarded for their choice.

Great to see a thread on the Mavs

I feel we have gone into trade period with only Howard in our eyes and have been screwed 2nd year running

I am spewing we lost Mayo and the way the teams looking we might strugle to win over the 30 game mark

Would be against trading him but would not be against him walking for one last crack at the Championship

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
You've just ignored the first part of what I said.
He was one of the steals of last years draft, just because he was drafted in the second round, doesn't mean he is destined to just be second round player.
Steals of the 2nd round?

He showed nothing.

He shot below 40%. He show below 30% on 3s. His rebounding and blocking was poor.

He wont amount to anything.

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Steals of the 2nd round?

He showed nothing.

He shot below 40%. He show below 30% on 3s. His rebounding and blocking was poor.

He wont amount to anything.

Not everyone needs to an all-star or a superstar, there is plenty of room for players like crowder in the NBA.
Just remember he has played one season, under a coach that normally never gives playing time to rookies.

I'm definitely against teams trading away aging Stars. However, to put the shoe on the other foot, these players need to repay the teams faith and agree to take a pay-cut so they can bring in better players to help them be a contender again.

Back