Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

This is bad.

Noel is in the doghouse. The situation is irredeemable.

Barnes is not a franchise player, but is a good scorer.

Matthews will never get back. He busts his arse though.

Barea is shooting too much, but we have nobody else.

Dirk looks old. He can't post up anymore and is a sieve.

Smith is the only shing light. We need one of those bigs in the top 3. No point in busting to get to 35 wins.

I can't see us getting 20 wins with the older players they are only going to get worse.

Need to either play Noel or trade him, no point benching him playing the s**t talls we have.

Matthews just trade him already, has a good contract try and get something.

Let Barea shoot will only improve our chances of getting a top 3 pick.

Not sure what we do with Barnes do we just accept him for what he is?

That's fair enough if Jr can be the star we think he will be and then get a top 3 big man it will be a nice core.

Dissapointing what happened with Noel had really high hopes for him.

Read a comment last night that was paraphrasing a sixers official at the time of the trade saying that Noel thinks he's a star and doesn't really put in the work required. Backs up what the Mavs are saying as well. It was obvious he thinks he's a star when he turned down the contract but it's a shame he's not willing to work to get into the rotation. Must be a fairly stupid campaigner as well seeing how much money he's cost himself by knocking back the contract.

By the end I was well on team-tank.

Happy we lost yesterday and cheering hard for Orlando today. Those two outcomes improve our odds at pick 1 by almost 5%.
It was an elite tanking job. A few weeks ago we had the 8th worst record.

Our point differential indicates we were a 35 win team, but the obscene amount of close games losses pushed it down to 24.

Get one of these elite bigs, pair him with DSJ. And have a good long think about whether Harrison Barnes fits on a winning team or not.

It was an elite tanking job. A few weeks ago we had the 8th worst record.

Our point differential indicates we were a 35 win team, but the obscene amount of close games losses pushed it down to 24.

Get one of these elite bigs, pair him with DSJ. And have a good long think about whether Harrison Barnes fits on a winning team or not.

Could have probably done it better won a couple games late in the season we should have been no chance of winning

Need a top 3 pick that would be huge

I would keep Barnes for 1 more year then trade him, hopefully Matthews gets moved on.

I've read the projected top 3 guys are where it's at this year, then it drops off a bit? We are something like 42% for a top 3 pick which is pretty good really.

Yep top 3 are standouts but I think its a pretty strong draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preferences in order.
1 Deandre Ayton (Too good not to take at pick 1).
2 Michael Porter Jr (My favourite player from this draft, stacks of potential.
3 Marvin Bagley III (Hardworking, great work ethic and puts up great numbers for a big man).
4 Luka Doncic (Could really become anything, could become the best European to join the league).
5 Mo Bamba (great size and ridiculous wingspan, should be a solid rim protecter for the next decade).

Sorry BEEG I was incorrect on that one. I meant no tiebreakers due to the in season record.
Won the tiebreaker by coinflip but combos for pick 1 are basically the same.

Yep knew what you meant all good.

I would be shocked if we don't land a top 4 pick hoping for a big C.

Would take Parsons and pick 4 for Matthews who has 1 year left

That gets us Doncic and Bamba

Yeah we take on a bad contract and don't improve straight away, future of potentially Doncic, Bamba, Smith Jr and Barnes could get us back up in 3 years time hopefully GSW have dropped off by then.

No one is winning the championship for the next 3 years apart from a GSW or some super team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back