Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked our draft. Addressed our wing shortage pretty well.

Good to get another Aussie on the roster to cheer for after dropping Broekhoff last season.

Sad to lose Seth, really like him as a player and team mate. He's a fan favourite but I think the trade does help us overall.

I see JRich as a Jrue-lite type player. I'd be having him guard the teams primary ball handler, while playing pretty well off-ball on offense. It's a good fit.

On O:
Luka
JRich
THJ
DFS
KP

On D:
JRich
THJ
Luka
DFS
KP

I think this team could go pretty far. The big question mark is KPs health. If he stays healthy I think we can compete well enough at the top.

Today was great, we still need a 3rd scorer Beal would be amazing.

I love this team think we can afford to lose Finney Hardaway and probably Brunsen and picks if it could land us a genuine star.

Today was great, we still need a 3rd scorer Beal would be amazing.

I love this team think we can afford to lose Finney Hardaway and probably Brunsen and picks if it could land us a genuine star.

I like your thinking but I feel Dodo is more valuable to us than another team so I wouldn’t trade him...perhaps THJ, Johnson’s expiring and a rookie/picks package instead?

I like your thinking but I feel Dodo is more valuable to us than another team so I wouldn’t trade him...perhaps THJ, Johnson’s expiring and a rookie/picks package instead?

Potentially, I'm worried about Porzingaz, No point trading in a 3rd star if we can't get him right.

Washington are 0-4 good chance they blow that team up shortly.

Let's go!!!

Massive from Luka obviously, but Dodo was huge today!

Really feel we have the pieces to go all way, It's all clicking.

Heard a theory his centre of gravity is too high hence always looks unco.

Warriors like wigs
Yep. The Celts often put Marcus Smart on him, and he pushes KP out to 18 feet for those post touches.

But he'd be fine if he was a rich mans Ryan Anderson. The issue is he can't move on D and can't protect the rim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The Celts often put Marcus Smart on him, and he pushes KP out to 18 feet for those post touches.

But he'd be fine if he was a rich mans Ryan Anderson. The issue is he can't move on D and can't protect the rim.
And his shot looks unco and rushed. I have no idea who would take on his contract though, maybe OKC in a Horford trade but I don't think that move makes the Mavs any better in the long term.

Great adjustment from Carlisle. The double bigs worked well, got some extra rim and paint protection. I like Powell and Kleber as a combo, they have always been good together going back to when they were in our awesome bench unit a few seasons back.
Bobi makes things a lot easier for KP on the defensive end. Works well to clog both Leonard and George's drives.

Although in the box score it looks like KP had a bad game but I think he was actually a lot better today. Almost playing as a role player. He was happy without demanding the ball in post ups which are *ing useless for us. It was good to see the team get around him after that made 3 in the 4th. I think if he can have this attitude moving forward Luka will be more inclined to find him more and he'll get better looks.

I like KP if we could get a genuine upgrade yeah go for it but let's face it Dallas haven't landed anybody decent since probably Kidd who was almost done.

We really need a clutch type shooter next to Luka late in the 4th, I don't know who that is but we have be so much better.

Lowry would be nice getting on in age.

Great adjustment from Carlisle. The double bigs worked well, got some extra rim and paint protection. I like Powell and Kleber as a combo, they have always been good together going back to when they were in our awesome bench unit a few seasons back.
Bobi makes things a lot easier for KP on the defensive end. Works well to clog both Leonard and George's drives.

Although in the box score it looks like KP had a bad game but I think he was actually a lot better today. Almost playing as a role player. He was happy without demanding the ball in post ups which are f*n useless for us. It was good to see the team get around him after that made 3 in the 4th. I think if he can have this attitude moving forward Luka will be more inclined to find him more and he'll get better looks.

Playing boban after clippers went small ball was a nice move.

Kp playing as the decoy is working

Seriously let Luka be coach if he wants.

Sack whoever he wants and get a gun free agent and some outside shooting (still can't believe we traded Curry) time to deliver Cuban.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back