Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it’s quite good but they’ve hated Kidd since before he joined the Mavs and you seemed to have a similar tone

Anyway, I’m not here to convince you of anything…I just think people have short memories and always blame the coach

He was very good in 21-22 and Mavs then lost our 2nd best player in Brunson and 3 best wings (DFS, Maxi, Bullock) for much of the season to injury so it’s a bit harsh to pin on Kidd

He then agreed to tank in spite of the reputational damage he’d cop and that pick got us Lively and Omax and an upgrade of Bertans to Holmes

So I’m unsure what people expect him to have done more of or less of…he’s fine in my eyes

It was Nico who needed to do better and so far this offseason he been pretty 🔥
Nup, if you read up you can see I generally think the impact of coaches is overrated by the public. Kidd is just that bad.

Only cookers wanted to overpay Wood and the market has proven them fundamentally wrong…

Mavs offered wood a multi-year extension mid-year but he wanted more and then couldn’t generate any interest from another team

Now he’s crawling back to the Mavs but he’d be lucky to come back on more than the minimum at this point…I hope we tell him to **** off and hope all the casuals who rate him tear up their Mavs memberships

Settle down. He was pretty good with some flaws. I suggest the reasons why he has no market has more to do with what happens off the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Settle down. He was pretty good with some flaws. I suggest the reasons why he has no market has more to do with what happens off the court.

Who said it wasn’t to do with off court issues? I said he had no market and I was right…what’s your actual point?

I was also right that his agent grossly overestimated Wood’s value and now he’ll be likely to get a vet minimum

‘The impact of coaches not named Jason Kidd is overrated’

Thanks for that word salad 😂
How is that word salad? Are you finding something hard to understand?

Generally, good players = good team. Coaches don't have nearly as much impact on results as the public would like to think, however they're almost always the one(s) that are blamed for poor results.

Kidd is so bad, he actually does impact results though. Not too difficult.

I'd say he's had one good coaching year in his whole career and I don't think it's a coincidence that Igor was there for that year.

If you think he's a good coach, power to you mate. I guess you're happy our team is in good hands.

Rumours about PJ Washington. He’s want and deserve more than MLE so I’m guessing sign and trade if any basis to it.

I am thinking Bulls, they suddenly trying to free up 10.2M with Lonzo DPE, could be combined with what they have left from MLE and BAE after Jevon Carter, to be able give him 1 year at $19M, which is above the Cap Credits Charlotte have on him at $17M.

Double sign and trade with Ayo D? He hasn't accepted his qualifying offer either.

Who said it wasn’t to do with off court issues? I said he had no market and I was right…what’s your actual point?

I was also right that his agent grossly overestimated Wood’s value and now he’ll be likely to get a vet minimum

Steady on, little fella.

I am thinking Bulls, they suddenly trying to free up 10.2M with Lonzo DPE, could be combined with what they have left from MLE and BAE after Jevon Carter, to be able give him 1 year at $19M, which is above the Cap Credits Charlotte have on him at $17M.

Double sign and trade with Ayo D? He hasn't accepted his qualifying offer either.

Can those exceptions be combined?

Can those exceptions be combined?

To use the DPE has to be a one year contract only, can be player on last year of multi year but doesnt limit you to paying only the DPE amount.

Cannot combine MLE and BAE together to sign one player but can use on multiple players.

Correction - DPE from new CBA

may be made at any time from July 1
through January 15 of such Salary Cap Year.
(ii) If a Team wishes to sign a Replacement Player pursuant to
this Section 6(c), such Replacement Player’s Contract may
be for one Season and provide Salary and Unlikely Bonuses
for the Salary Cap Year in which the player is signed totaling
up to the lesser of (A) fifty percent (50%) of the Disabled
Player’s Salary for the then-current Salary Cap Year, or
(B) an amount equal to Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary
Exception (as defined in Section 6(e) below) for such Salary
Cap Year.
(iii) If a Team wishes to acquire a Replacement Player pursuant
to this Section 6(c), the Replacement Player must have only
one Season remaining on his Player Contract and the
Replacement Player’s post-assignment Salary for the Salary
Cap Year in which the Replacement Player is acquired may
be up to the lesser of the amount described in
Section 6(c)(1)(ii)(A) above or the amount described in
Section 6(c)(1)(ii)(B) above, plus, in either case, $100,000.
(2) For purposes of this Section 6(c), “Disabling Injury or Illness”
means any injury or illness that, in the opinion of the physician
described in Section 6(c)(4) below, makes it substantially more likely
than not that the player would be unable to play through the
following June 15.
(3) The Exception for a Disabling Injury or Illness shall expire on
the March 10 following the date the Exception is granted.

Last edited:
Anyway this a Dallas thread, so Bol Bol would be valuable shot blocker and would play well with their guards in transition.

Importantly, I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to Dante for his loss.

Steady on, little fella.

Agree, Mavs have built a team, would have had a nasty 8 man rotation if they had got Thybulle.

Pity that Kidd can't make bigs that work elsewhere succeed in his system because what they really need now are players like the best version of McGee and Wood.

Your MLE ain't going to get PJ Washington, but it would get you Bol Bol, maybe Jason can make that work because he is a pg in a centres body, and this team needs some shot blocking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How we feeling post-trade deadline now that we've seen some games play out? Today against the Kings and the Nuggets game were two of the best we've played all season I think.

Have to give Nico pretty good props in how he's put this team together. Importantly we can now win games when the 3 ball goes completely missing, as it does often.

We have a pretty decent balance between scoring, size, playmaking, defence, ball handling. For being a 3 point shooting team the last few seasons you'd say it's probably our only slight shortfall now. Maybe point of attack defence as well which often falls to Green/Exum.

On the numbers, people that don't watch the games would say PJ has been poor for us, but he's been huge defensively. Very rarely makes a mistake and is comfortable on both talls and smalls. He's almost like how Maxi was in his prime, with just a bit less rim protection.

Luka/Kyrie/Gafford/PJ/Green/Exum/Lively/DJJ/THJ is a pretty deep rotation. I think for depth it stacks up pretty well.

Kidd is the clear weak link in this team now - the fact he was benching Gafford post-trade was laughable. Daresay Nico had to give him a rocket to sort that out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back