Damage control: Yet another St.Kilda scandal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
she needs help right now. she can be punished, but not this heavy handed making her pay for 15 years rubbish.

imo she appears to have diminished capacity right now due to a mental health issue. treat that issue first.

no point anything else, as she may no be alive to fullfil peoples desire to be punished.

Problem is, she's not at a stage to accept help, and turning away from any good advice she is given. All part of what's going on in her head. She probably doesn't even think she needs help.

This path of randomly causing hurt and embarrassment to others might be entertaining to her, but it needs to be restrained. So far, no one has been able to, so now it's the courts turn to try.

It's hard to believe that someone like this is running round loose in the world.

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not just from the selling pics, but any other money she makes due to these events. Eg. Book deal, magazine shoots with Zoo or something.

Yeah, a lot of 'coulds' and 'maybe's' in that tho'. They are in fantasy land. It's like asking for double life sentence for a rapist, you can ask but they still get 2 years if that.

The Thinker

Team Captain
Suspended
Jan 20, 2007
London
AFL Club
Carlton
Tough talking Saints!

Shame St Kilda, shame. Words such as we will vow payback is just ridiculous. We are obviously dealing with an alledgedly troubled 17 year old girl. St Kilda have handled this appallingly. For gods sake, she is a kid. Your players were crazy enough to get involved with her in the first place. Deal with it like men. A club for all of its history who has talked the talk but never walked the walk. No wonder you have one flag to your name. St Kilda Football Club, I am ashamed. Surely they could be handling this differently.

Jul 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think that is being extremely critical of the AFL and I suspect you are somewhat of an idealist.

What if she asked to be paid off? should they have done that.
What if she asked for sanctions against the player when he has broken no law(according to facts that we know of) should they have done that.
No one at the afl took the photos
No one at the afl kept the photos on a computer and knew they are on there.
No one at the afl stole the photos.
The AFL did according to themselves offer the girl councelling up to 20 times. Now thats about every 2 weeks since the original incident happened.

Somewhat of an idealist- sure.

What if she just asked for an apology? We could play "what if" all day.

No one at the afl went out on a coke bender either- but if an afl player were to do that, it becomes the afl's responsibility.

There's a saying that an insane person repeats the same actions and expects a different result. If you hit your head against the wall once and it doesn't come down, maybe you should try something else instead of hitting your head against the wall another "up to 19" times?

But then, as we both know- we don't actually know the details of those meetings- it's just speculation.

Apr 23, 2009
Barcelona, Catalonia.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Penguins, Aston Villa, Adel Utd.
We don't know what the parents are doing. As an example, when I was 16 (30 years ago:eek:) I had a job in a bank and lived in a flat with a mate the same age. I had my own income and lived my own life. My parents, who did everything they could for me, had no control over what I did.

16/17 year olds can get up and walk out of the parents house any time they like. Some do, some don't. Either way it is not always a reflection on the parents. Parents can try everything in their power but some kids are just rebellious and want out.

Point is, there is no exact script that takes place.
While it is true that some kids never have a chance to grow up in a "normal" home and are more predisposed to being juvenile delinquents, your point is well made.

Some teenagers just rebel for no real reason other than they want to. She seems to have decided to live her life her way, as evidenced by flying to Sydney to meet players, her facebook and twitter posts and her general "I don't give a ****" attitude to the whole thing.

By her own admission, her parents told her for months to not publish the photos online. While they may not be the greatest parents in the world, it would seem that no matter if they were she would have done the same thing.

Her parents hopefully will not be dragged through the mud for her actions, as they have clearly attempted to dissuade her from doing any of this. She has chosen to go on her own path and it would seem that her parents have finally said "This is your bed, now lie in it."

It might be the only way to get her back on the straight and narrow by letting her face the consequences of her actions.

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
don't you mean community service

exactly.

St Kilda are talkin worst case scenarios publically, as you would. Doesn't mean its reality.

In fact Justice Marshall didn't issue an order that she must destroy the photos yesterday without hearing from her. Why? because he isn't satisfied beyond any reasonable doubt that she has done what is alleged her in respect to 'stealing' them.

Anyone thinking she's about to feel the full brunt of the law for this and be paying back royalties for the next 15 years could be disappointed.

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
Re: Tough talking Saints!

Shame St Kilda, shame. Words such as we will vow payback is just ridiculous. We are obviously dealing with an alledgedly troubled 17 year old girl. St Kilda have handled this appallingly. For gods sake, she is a kid. Your players were crazy enough to get involved with her in the first place. Deal with it like men. A club for all of its history who has talked the talk but never walked the walk. No wonder you have one flag to your name. St Kilda Football Club, I am ashamed. Surely they could be handling this differently.

So how would the Blues be handling things champ?

Dawson

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Farnarkling
exactly.

St Kilda are talkin worst case scenarios publically, as you would. Doesn't mean its reality.

In fact Justice Marshall didn't issue an order that she must destroy the photos yesterday without hearing from her. Why? because he isn't satisfied beyond any reasonable doubt that she has done what is alleged her in respect to 'stealing' them.

Anyone thinking she's about to feel the full brunt of the law for this and be paying back royalties for the next 15 years could be disappointed.
Now listen don't come on here talking sense and logic - it just isn't going to cut it.
We want blood and mahem and nothing else will be acceptable

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What if she just asked for an apology? We could play "what if" all day.

Full and official presser sitting next to Vlad as he apologises to her and acknowledges that the AFL (and other codes) still have a long wat to go to address behaviour, yadda yadda yadda.

You'd be amazed how often the slightly cooky come with a list of moral principles they want addressed in a public forum first and foremost. The big one, a formal apology, rarely happens but they usually always want that.

rose jam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with you. People that commit those crimes clearly have some motive for doing so and anyone can claim they have a mental health issue when it's easily just who they are.

A lenient punishment is not going to stop her from doing it again.

What mental health issue? This is rubbish. I just see a young girl who has been dropped out of a perceived relationship and she's lashing back. It's a centuries old story and will be for centuries to come. Claiming this is mental health is just some crap to justify actions of people that don't act in a very logical manner. And guess what, freaking people aren't logical, they're emotional.
You can't go around stealing photos of people and posting them around the internet without some form of punishment. And if the punihsment is to wreck her finances for the next 20 years well that's just tough luck. Her parents should be advising her and controlling her actions a lot better than they are. But at 17, I'm sorry, you know as much about right and wrong as you're probably going to.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Yeah, a lot of 'coulds' and 'maybe's' in that tho'. They are in fantasy land. It's like asking for double life sentence for a rapist, you can ask but they still get 2 years if that.
Who knows if the courts will grant them what they're asking but they've done the right thing by asking for it.

I'm sure us taxpayers wish we could do such a thing with the knob from narre warren. Not sure exactly how much police were sent down there to control the party, but he made pretty decent money from it. If only those earnings went back into the police.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
While it is true that some kids never have a chance to grow up in a "normal" home and are more predisposed to being juvenile delinquents, your point is well made.

Some teenagers just rebel for no real reason other than they want to. She seems to have decided to live her life her way, as evidenced by flying to Sydney to meet players, her facebook and twitter posts and her general "I don't give a ****" attitude to the whole thing.

By her own admission, her parents told her for months to not publish the photos online. While they may not be the greatest parents in the world, it would seem that no matter if they were she would have done the same thing.

Her parents hopefully will not be dragged through the mud for her actions, as they have clearly attempted to dissuade her from doing any of this. She has chosen to go on her own path and it would seem that her parents have finally said "This is your bed, now lie in it."

It might be the only way to get her back on the straight and narrow by letting her face the consequences of her actions.

That's how I see it. The old saying of 'cruel to be kind'.

Further to my example. My dad was guarantee over our lease. I decided one day that I wouldn't pay the rent. Best off spending all my money on going out and gambling. Anyway he paid it begrudgingly a few times. I had him over a barrel because it was in his name. The money wasn't an issue to him but he was pissed off with me. I had succeeded. Eventually though it turned on me and he stopped paying. I tried every exploitative angle under the sun to get him to pay, but it was basically a **** you. I had to keep my lifestyle so I eventually started paying. 'cruel to be kind'

I am not making judgment on this girl. I'm just defending parents in general and you nailed it in your post.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
What mental health issue? This is rubbish. I just see a young girl who has been dropped out of a perceived relationship and she's lashing back. It's a centuries old story and will be for centuries to come. Claiming this is mental health is just some crap to justify actions of people that don't act in a very logical manner. And guess what, freaking people aren't logical, they're emotional.
You can't go around stealing photos of people and posting them around the internet without some form of punishment. And if the punihsment is to wreck her finances for the next 20 years well that's just tough luck. Her parents should be advising her and controlling her actions a lot better than they are. But at 17, I'm sorry, you know as much about right and wrong as you're probably going to.
Isn't that the same point I was trying to make?

Anyone that commits something could potentially claim mental health issue if we went by an earlier post. Sometimes it's not about that and it's more the makeup of that person. Going by reports and claims she's made earlier in the year, it's consistent of her behaviour.

I would classify mental problems as someone displaying behaviour out of the ordinary.

She isn't even remorseful despite what has happened with the death threats and media attention. All that has done is made her realise she should've released the pictures anonymously. Her only lesson learnt.

tonemeister

All Australian
Apr 1, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Bears, White Sox

If she declared herself bankrupt they wouldn't be able to do anything like that.

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.

The Blues don't need to handle it. We are not in this ridiculous situation.

Could just as easily be though, and dont pretend otherwise.

You have just as many cashed up, immature, young egomaniacs on your list.

Blind luck its the Saints and not you, nothing more.

Smokeyr67

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies

Unfortunately we have people who provide succour to the enemy, in fact I'm doing that right now.

By commenting on this story you and I give credence to the AFL media, to those who feed the fans, the groupies and the hangers on.

I'm no innocent, I take time out from my working day to check the News ltd site, and then leap to Bigfooty for the latest Gossip, to see who's in trouble, hoping it's not my club.

Perhaps if we could refrain from clicking on that link, from looking for "those" photos, for seeking the flaws in the men and boys we look to for on field entertainment, we could allow this monster to shrivel to its appropriate size.

Unfortunately, we'll all still read the hun, we'll watch the "footy shows" looking for a dose of AFL soap opera. I know I will.

I wish I was a better man, but I love my footy and I want to know exactly whats happening in the footy world.

I am Shane, a football succubus. I feed Caro..

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

dollar-roll.jpg
So how would the Blues be handling things champ?

0,,5387655,00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back