Damage control: Yet another St.Kilda scandal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
17 years old and still a child? So that excuses her actions then? I thought at 17 years of age, she is entering adulthood. She is far from a child at 17.

I find this comment interesting- at 17 I would have thought this exact same thing.

Having gone over the horizon a few more times, I can now look back and say- gosh, kids think funny things about the world.

Poached_Egg

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Sturt FC
Maybe if she showed some remorse, apologised and said she wouldn't publish any more photos or had them destroyed then St Kilda might not be going so hard at her.

However she is still treating it like a joke and threatening to publish more photos, they need to take a hard stand to put a stop to her and make her realise this isn't a game.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
She thinks she was done wrong by the AFL establishment. Whether she was or not she feels she was.

If you had thought someone had wronged you in such a manner, would you try for revenge?

Perhaps St Kilda could have apologised earlier on and none of this would have happened. Even a token one.

IMO the way St Kilda and the AFL are handling is far more negative than a few pictures. Riewoldt picture was not that bad, Dal Santo's worse. Yet who fronted the media and is heading the action? And who's reputation is being tarnished the most?

ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Has St. Kilda mentioned the name of the hotel that the players stayed at in Miami last year? Likewise, has the chick said which hotel she took the photos at in Melbourne?

A quick visit to the website of either of these hotels could discredit either party very quickly as I'm sure they'd have photos of all the standard room types.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
IMO the way St Kilda and the AFL are handling is far more negative than a few pictures. Riewoldt picture was not that bad, Dal Santo's worse. Yet who fronted the media and is heading the action? And who's reputation is being tarnished the most?
Precisely. I think that is the crux of it. If you ask me (and clearly plenty of others) who is doing more damage to the reps of the players and the club then I think the club itself won't want to hear the answer.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Has St. Kilda mentioned the name of the hotel that the players stayed at in Miami last year? Likewise, has the chick said which hotel she took the photos at in Melbourne?

A quick visit to the website of either of these hotels could discredit either party very quickly as I'm sure they'd have photos of all the standard room types.
Don't think the Saints have mentioned the hotel. But reported K.I.D. said it was the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne who have denied they have such a room.

edit: http://optuszoo.com.au/news/top/news-com-au/st-kilda-to-pursue-teen-for-photo-scandal/264356

The Herald Sun can confirm the photographs were not taken at any of Melbourne's Hilton hotels as she has repeatedly stated.

Tagging midfielders and centre-half back the league over are rubbing their hands together over this.

17 year old girls live in another world. St Kilda are a big player in the world, their press conferences, their court cases are, excuse the pun, piling up on this girl and her only way of fighting back is to threaten sending more.

She's just a kid. I don't think adult threats are really going to work. She knows she only has to have the pictures posted for ten minutes and the entire world will get a look.

St Kilda should put a tasteful nude calander together for Christmas, say it's for charity, and take control of it all again. It's not like it would need to be explicit, all it has to say is: "Yes we're naked, no we're not ashamed, Merry Christmas, Wish us luck in 2011"

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e-picture-furore/story-e6frg6nf-1225975635225

"This is only the start of the legal process against her. The next stage is seeking that this injunction becomes permanent and suing her for damages and costs for breach of copyright, breach of confidence and also adding claims of deliberate infliction of mental distress and trespass

I think this is the words in the media that has inflamed this situation.

Jun 28, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
THFC, MVFC
She feels agrieved by the afl and st kilda. she has said just now on the tv, she wants her side to be heard.

thats very real for her.

sad stuff.

at least the childrens commissioner is involved now.

True this but she has brought a lot of this on herself. She has bragged on all social networking sites about how she wants to take the AFL and St Kilda down.

She wanted to be heard, there were better ways to go about it. 17 year old individuals are generally smarter than her and would have sought advice before undertaking something of this nature.
The AFL is BIG BUSINESS and you don't take on something that big without being smart about it.

She tried and failed, now she faces the consequences of her actions.

I hope the children's services get onto her before she turns 18 and can't do much more for her because she clearly seems to be affected deeply by whatever events have taken place.

As the Cruel Sea put it:

"Better get a lawyer JANE, better get a real good one".

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I would be happy if the whole story got out.... but we dont need any more naked pics etc. However, I would like to hear the whole story about what happened to this girl and her experiences with the St. Kilda and other clubs' players, St. Kilda football club, a certain player manager, the AFL and the Victorian police service....all of them.

This girl was 16 when she first came into contact with the players. Some of the players arent much older. Some of the things that happened were probably not unusual in today's world. However, it seems that men twice her age have threatened her, had sex with her and made a fool out of her. And she is the one carrying all the abuse. I dont think people are being entirely fair with their comments about her so far.

ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Poached_Egg

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Sturt FC
Precisely. I think that is the crux of it. If you ask me (and clearly plenty of others) who is doing more damage to the reps of the players and the club then I think the club itself won't want to hear the answer.

If they have done nothing illegal, what is the issue in any future pictures? Nothing I have seen is that bad. They are distastefull but nothing illegal.

If future ones can be used in evidence of breaking a law, than an authority higher than the AFL should be investigating it.

From what I have seen the pics are nothing more than a bunch of blokes getting up to some antics on a night out. Whether or not those antics are things that should leave the inner sanctum of the club are a different issue. But, to keep it that way, Sam Gilbert should have deleted any pictures (as requested), or at the very least secure his laptop better.

End of story.

Persue the girl for defamation etc, makes it sound like there are more sinister things that need to be hidden.

Gary Ayres

Team Captain
Suspended
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Case closed - she's a liar and a thief.

She might be a liar but she is not necessarily a thief. It will depend on how she and gilbert acted with one another and in regards to the computer. It seems to me St Kilda have gone hell bent on protecting Gilbert and blaming the girl for everything. This makes me feel St Kilda and or Gilbert are knowingly hiding something that could be detrimental to their reputation or destroy the case against the girl.

The irony is how do we know Gilbert is correct in supporting Roo's story. He could be doing it to paint a favourable picture for the club and himself.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
She thinks she was done wrong by the AFL establishment. Whether she was or not she feels she was.

If you had thought someone had wronged you in such a manner, would you try for revenge?

Perhaps St Kilda could have apologised earlier on and none of this would have happened. Even a token one.

Apologised for what, from my understanding her behaviour prior to this incident hasn't exactly covered her in glory. She has stalked players at various functions, stolen photos and tried to blackmail the players into handing over money for the photos. When the blackmail attempts came to nothing she went ahead and pulled this stunt.

Not saying the players involved weren't partly to blame but I don't see why she should recieve apologies from the club.

ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
She might be a liar but she is not necessarily a thief. It will depend on how she and gilbert acted with one another and in regards to the computer. It seems to me St Kilda have gone hell bent on protecting Gilbert and blaming the girl for everything. This makes me feel St Kilda and or Gilbert are knowingly hiding something that could be detrimental to their reputation or destroy the case against the girl.

The irony is how do we know Gilbert is correct in supporting Roo's story. He could be doing it to paint a favourable picture for the club and himself.

Why would they do anything other than this? Your theory is utterly mad.

O

Old Spice

Her job is modelling. Seperating the "derived from infamy" and "good at her job" is gonna be tough to do in court

I'd say garnering wages from K-Mart catalogues is not ok, anything from Zoo or similar, or sold story to women's mags is game. Still, is vexed.

Poached_Egg

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Sturt FC
Apologised for what, from my understanding her behaviour prior to this incident hasn't exactly covered her in glory. She has stalked players at various functions, stolen photos and tried to blackmail the players into handing over money for the photos. When the blackmail attempts came to nothing she went ahead and pulled this stunt.

Not saying the players involved weren't partly to blame but I don't see why she should recieve apologies from the club.

Club/Players whoever?

It is obvious she feels she was mistreated.

A token gesture months ago may have made a difference. I guess all involved underestimated the effects of a jaded girl with Facebook/Twitter/Upstream accounts.

A lesson to be learned, stay away from groupies at nightclubs. That may be a reality for people in the spotlight as AFL footballers are.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just found this one from an email.

crown-towers_1109_checkin_nocr_main.jpg

Possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back