Analysis Damian Barrett. A cretin, moron, a grinning idiot or a mixture of all three. You decide.

Is Damian Barrett a cretin, a moron, a grinning idiot or a mixture of all three?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyed his hair and didn't get the rinse right...turned up to do his piece on triple M......Brayshaw, Lyon, Dunstall & Frawley all got stuck into him think it was Frawley asked him if he was supporting Freo just couldn't work out why he would want to dye his hair purple
Lots of old ladies put purple rinse through their hair...says a lot doesn't it

We're obviously all wrong...

MOST OUTSTANDING ELECTRONIC NEWS REPORTER - Judged by Charles Happell, Jonathan Green – Damian Barrett, Croc Media/The Footy Show. DAMIAN BARRETT – Comment - ' Damian's entry was notable for its breadth, featuring almost dozen stories,many of which were exclusives. He set the news agenda with several of those stories and led the way more broadly in Electronic News with his news-gathering skills and ability to chase those stories down through the vast network of contacts. Authoritative, knowledgeable and well connected, he was the standout candidate for us both.'

We're obviously all wrong...

MOST OUTSTANDING ELECTRONIC NEWS REPORTER - Judged by Charles Happell, Jonathan Green – Damian Barrett, Croc Media/The Footy Show. DAMIAN BARRETT – Comment - ' Damian's entry was notable for its breadth, featuring almost dozen stories,many of which were exclusives. He set the news agenda with several of those stories and led the way more broadly in Electronic News with his news-gathering skills and ability to chase those stories down through the vast network of contacts. Authoritative, knowledgeable and well connected, he was the standout candidate for us both.'

This was 2012. He won again this year :eek:

Haha I was looking for a non-embedded image to quote and didn't check! Is he the only one who nominates for that category?

Here's what they said this year:

Damian makes the biggest impact as a news-breaker on television and radio and was clearly the leader in the broadcast media when it came to the Essendon supplements saga. His interview with Paul Little, in which the Essendon chairman said he regretted the club's self-reporting, was outstanding.

He has a strong delivery and particularly good rapport with his Triple M co-hosts and is a figure of authority on the Footy Show and Sunday Footy Show.

His entry stood out above the others.

Lies, so many lies...

Seriously, give Damo a Walkley Award now...Just an outstanding journalist & news sleuth! He must be in line for an OAM & Australian of the Year in 2015. Jon Ralph should aspire to Damo's heights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll hang your balls from the weeping willow trees...

the 2nd line in the school song....We're the Sons of Glendaloch, St.Kevins
We'll hang your balls from the weeping willow trees.

Edit : those rascally christian brothers

Last edited:
walking-lion-o.gif

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-15_17-51-0.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-15_17-51-0.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
References to your balls and christian brothers should be used sparingly........
I could read through hundreds of meaningless, time consuming pages on the Dayne Beams trade without firing up and becoming a poster but it took an erroneous reference to the Skevies school song to compel me to sign up! First of all, it is highly unlikely that three people who attended St Kevin's barracked for Fitzroy so the probability is high that either PertRoosOsborne or Football Pope is one of my brothers. One brother sold his soul to Richmond after the merger so either PertRoosOsborne or Football Pope is the other one ....right? Now, you have mixed two songs into one. The first line is from the school song but the weeping willow reference is from the song we used to sing following a Skobs victory..."and there they'll swing merrily. MERRILY." But you are right about the balls and christian brothers- Darky in particular.

Well if one thing came out of a Grand Final piss take it is the post above. Well met BulldogMurray

And for what is worth the cretinous moronic grinning idiot (voted by 75% of you, the contributors to our lions board) was again spruiking untruths on todays TWR.

As the great man blynd_freddie says with great wit and wisdom PLEASE - MORE Syd Barrett and less of Damian!

Close this one off if you so wish Mods because in the words of Syd the thread deserves to be .............long gone, long, long gone......

I could read through hundreds of meaningless, time consuming pages on the Dayne Beams trade without firing up and becoming a poster but it took an erroneous reference to the Skevies school song to compel me to sign up! First of all, it is highly unlikely that three people who attended St Kevin's barracked for Fitzroy so the probability is high that either PertRoosOsborne or Football Pope is one of my brothers. One brother sold his soul to Richmond after the merger so either PertRoosOsborne or Football Pope is the other one ....right? Now, you have mixed two songs into one. The first line is from the school song but the weeping willow reference is from the song we used to sing following a Skobs victory..."and there they'll swing merrily. MERRILY." But you are right about the balls and christian brothers- Darky in particular.

Barwon on Henley.....and the Ol' Paddy Wright riding into town on his Vesper...

I'm not sure why people get so worked up about football journalists. They're paid to write stories and keep people interested in the sport. They'll seize on anything no matter how small and beat it up to keep an insatiable football public happy. Most are essentially football fans who are lucky enough to get paid for their obsession and like the majority football fans they have biases and as such they'll speculate, pontificate and exaggerate to varying degrees. Sometimes they'll actually present facts too.

They just have a forum that reaches more widely than the rest of us and occasionally a football contact will come through for them.

Just take most things they write and say with a grain of salt. Treat them like most other Big Footy posters in other words. ;)

Correct. When I was a youngster we had some bloke from the Sun or the Herald come to talk to us at school and he said that Tuesday / Wednesday were slow football days and sales were down on those days, so what they would do would be to write pieces under banner headlines like DAICOS INJURY SCARE which would basically quote "unnamed insiders" saying Daicos might have suffered a serious injury, the hack would phone the club and they would deny it, which could even be good for a full story the next day under the headline PIES DENY DAICOS INJURY RUMOUR and sales would get a boost as every Collingwood fan would buy a paper to out of sheer fright that something was up. I do miss the 1970's.

I'm not sure why people get so worked up about football journalists. They're paid to write stories and keep people interested in the sport. They'll seize on anything no matter how small and beat it up to keep an insatiable football public happy. Most are essentially football fans who are lucky enough to get paid for their obsession and like the majority football fans they have biases and as such they'll speculate, pontificate and exaggerate to varying degrees. Sometimes they'll actually present facts too.

They just have a forum that reaches more widely than the rest of us and occasionally a football contact will come through for them.

Just take most things they write and say with a grain of salt. Treat them like most other Big Footy posters in other words. ;)
Fans with typewriters, to quote a real sports journalist.
It's mostly harmless, but that's not always the case.

Correct. When I was a youngster we had some bloke from the Sun or the Herald come to talk to us at school and he said that Tuesday / Wednesday were slow football days and sales were down on those days, so what they would do would be to write pieces under banner headlines like DAICOS INJURY SCARE which would basically quote "unnamed insiders" saying Daicos might have suffered a serious injury, the hack would phone the club and they would deny it, which could even be good for a full story the next day under the headline PIES DENY DAICOS INJURY RUMOUR and sales would get a boost as every Collingwood fan would buy a paper to out of sheer fright that something was up. I do miss the 1970's.
Yeah, I miss the 70's. I also miss going to the footy at 2pm and coming home to watch the replay. (I still think he's a gibbering idiot, rather than a grinning one.) When does the footy start?

IF THEN
the call from Beams' management was the cake ...... the unexpected call from Christensen's management was the icing and the cherry on top. Beams, Christensen, Rockliff, Aish, Redden, Hanley, Zorko, Rich, Taylor, Mayes, Leuenberger, Martin. Look out.

I'm warming up to Barrett.. :eek:

IF THEN
the call from Beams' management was the cake ...... the unexpected call from Christensen's management was the icing and the cherry on top. Beams, Christensen, Rockliff, Aish, Redden, Hanley, Zorko, Rich, Taylor, Mayes, Leuenberger, Martin. Look out.

I'm warming up to Barrett.. :eek:
Meh. He's just bandwagoning. This opinion is pretty much everyone's and already voiced by many. Populist fluff, regardless of its accuracy.

Meh. He's just bandwagoning. This opinion is pretty much everyone's and already voiced by many. Populist fluff, regardless of its accuracy.

It also implies that both the Beams and Christensen trades were gifts that fell into our lap.

Probably a fair comment about Christensen, at least based on what we know publicly. I doubt the call from Beams' management he refers to came without a lot of hard work on our part.

Incidentally, if this thread is going to become a permanent fixture where we talk about Barrett's musings, can we at least please change the title?

Back