Rumour Damian Barrett Blacklisted

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't. He's one of the best in the business (and not just because he has people paid to introduce him as such).

He's a muppet

On the list of Oxygen thieves from worst to least

1) Barrett
2) Hutchy
3) Slobbo
4) Whateley

Believe me, that Geelong supporting arrogant twat is a shocker...not quite in the league of Barrett but an oxygen thief nonetheless
Wheatley is smart. He knows footy. He comes up with original thoughts and views which tend to set the scene across the whole media for the week. He actually seems to like footy.

Barrett is literally the opposite to all that.

Wheatley is smart. He knows footy. He comes up with original thoughts and views which tend to set the scene across the whole media for the week. He actually seems to like footy.

No time at all for Barrett, will change the station if he comes on and i am watching, very slimy IMO.

I guess there is room for all types, but that doesn't mean i have to listen.

Yes, small problem is that he's not allowed to interview Ross Lyon because he acted like a pure twerp when we lured him from St Kilda. He's anti-Freo and as such deserves a blacklisting

Yes, small problem is that he's not allowed to interview Ross Lyon because he acted like a pure twerp when we lured him from St Kilda. He's anti-Freo and as such deserves a blacklisting
Anti-Freo, don't be ridiculous. He's incredibly impartial and he likes seeing Freo do well just as he likes seeing any team do well, because as I mentioned, he likes footy. Have you read the article that Ross cracked it over? It's pretty standard for what was being said at the time. The fact that Wheatley isn't allowed to interview him reflects far more poorly on Ross in my opinion, and I'm a big RTB fan. In this instance he just couldn't handle the criticism and the fact he hasn't gotten over it 5 years on while Wheatley's star has continued to rise is pretttttty lame.

Anti-Freo, don't be ridiculous. He's incredibly impartial and he likes seeing Freo do well just as he likes seeing any team do well, because as I mentioned, he likes footy. Have you read the article that Ross cracked it over? It's pretty standard for what was being said at the time. The fact that Wheatley isn't allowed to interview him reflects far more poorly on Ross in my opinion, and I'm a big RTB fan. In this instance he just couldn't handle the criticism and the fact he hasn't gotten over it 5 years on while Wheatley's star has continued to rise is pretttttty lame.

Impartial?

Yeah right.

After Round 1, 2012, he spent 3 nights raging about Ballantyne....embarrassing.

Frankly Whateley's star has dimmed and one day he'll get decked by someone.

Impartial?

Yeah right.

After Round 1, 2012, he spent 3 nights raging about Ballantyne....embarrassing.

Frankly Whateley's star has dimmed and one day he'll get decked by someone.

No offence mate, but I think both you and Lyon need to get over the Whateley thing. Whateley is an intelligent articulate commentator who actually puts thought into his analysis of footy as opposed to chopping and changing every 5 minutes as is the norm across the industry these days.

Whateley's star is far from dimming and is only increasing his media exposure.

I haven't noticed any bias towards any teams on 360.

No offence mate, but I think both you and Lyon need to get over the Whateley thing. Whateley is an intelligent articulate commentator who actually puts thought into his analysis of footy as opposed to chopping and changing every 5 minutes as is the norm across the industry these days.

I've heard Whateley praise us before and it sounds like he's about to vomit (just cannot take it seriously)

That's all I'll say on the topic.

Meanwhile that Barrett, I think we should get a crowd funding campaign together to send him overseas and to get his passport cancelled so he can't come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear Ross Lyon refuses to do interviews with Gerard Whateley. Fantastic call Ross. What I'd like to see is Whateley decked as well. That would make my year
Did i miss something? Why's that?

Maybe that's why Kingy was with Robbo when Pav and RTB was interviewed on 360 that had the delay blooper as part of it.

Did i miss something? Why's that?

Maybe that's why Kingy was with Robbo when Pav and RTB was interviewed on 360 that had the delay blooper as part of it.
Yep. Gerard wrote an article bagging Ross after he left the Saints and Ross cracked the shits and refuses to engage with him now, even 5 years on. Fairly unprofessional if you ask me.

Yep. Gerard wrote an article bagging Ross after he left the Saints and Ross cracked the shits and refuses to engage with him now, even 5 years on. Fairly unprofessional if you ask me.
Must have missed it. Might have to track it down, see what the fuss is/was all about.

We'll agree to disagree there I'm afraid.

I don't think it's unprofessional.

I mean if that's unprofessional, would you say Sir Alex Ferguson was unprofessional in refusing to talk to media outlets that offended him?

Does talking to media outlets help you become a better coach?

I've heard Whateley praise us before and it sounds like he's about to vomit (just cannot take it seriously)

That's all I'll say on the topic.

Meanwhile that Barrett, I think we should get a crowd funding campaign together to send him overseas and to get his passport cancelled so he can't come back.

Where do I donate?

You're on your own here pal.

Come off it, mate. He is not on his own at all.

sportsmaniac89 is spot on. Not sure what planet you're on if you can't see that Whateley doesn't like Fremantle.

Even before the thing with Lyon blew it up, he spent years making disparaging remarks about the Dockers. I haven't listened to the ABC for quite a while but, going back a few years, he routinely used to make snide comments and jokes about them in the pre-match segments on Saturday afternoons.

Gerard actually reminds me a lot of McAvaney from about 20 years ago. Similarly nerdy, prone to being too gushing about the best players and best things about the sport, and absolutely painful to listen to during a game when he gets himself too excited.

As an aside, he also has a number of views on issues in the game that I often find myself in 100% disagreement with.

He's a muppet

On the list of Oxygen thieves from worst to least

1) Barrett
2) Hutchy
3) Slobbo
4) Whateley
Nah, Slobbo is the biggest oxygen thief. Completely full of s**t with nothing useful to say (or mumble). At least Barrett or Hutchison might get 1 in 100 worthwhile things to say. Whateley far superior to these muppets.

There is the occasional Geelong and Essendon bias. Robbo won't let anything bad be said about the Bombers and Whateley gives way more air time to the Cats, more than they deserve.

I don't. He's one of the best in the business (and not just because he has people paid to introduce him as such).

so why do you think that, if not just because you hear it every time he's introduced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back