Roast Damian Barrett - The cry baby with no toys left in the cot

Remove this Banner Ad

He (DB) starts off real tough guy for about the first 10 minutes, before assimilating to his knees.

BA is that smooth, he wasn't going to allow Barrett to get his headline.

Will be interesting how his reporting on the club is depicted after that, seemed to go pretty well and BA answered everything he asked really honestly.

Last edited:

He (DB) starts off real tough guy for about the first 10 minutes, before assimilating to his knees.

Will be interesting how his reporting on the club is depicted after that, seemed to go pretty well and BA answered everything he asked really well.
Feels like a deliberate PR exercise to ease him off our backs.

BA shut him down on quite a few things, the Archer stuff in particular. Lets see if the narrative changes at all or whether Barrett just continues on with his bile.

Feels like a deliberate PR exercise to ease him off our backs.

I can't stand Barrett but there probably a tiny Darth Vaderish bit of him that is just frustrated North supporter and frankly we've given him some of the bullets to fire ourselves in recent years. We cut off strong clubmen to rebuild then spent 2 years chasing rainbows. We extended a coach only to end up paying him out for services unrendered and hired another coach who was either not ready or overwhelmed in unlucky circumstances.

I didn't like the way Purple Helmet covered it all but we have to wear some of the criticism.

If an olive branch now starts to settle things down I support the move.

I can't stand Barrett but there probably a tiny Darth Vaderish bit of him that is just frustrated North supporter and frankly we've given him some of the bullets to fire ourselves in recent years. We cut off strong clubmen to rebuild then spent 2 years chasing rainbows. We extended a coach only to end up paying him out for services unrendered and hired another coach who was either not ready or overwhelmed in unlucky circumstances.

I didn't like the way Purple Helmet covered it all but we have to wear some of the criticism.

I don't mind some of the criticism because it was warranted but it's the condescending tone that he does it in that irritates me. Hopefully things change from here.

I don't mind some of the criticism because it was warranted but it's the condescending tone that he does it in that irritates me. Hopefully things change from here.

Agree mate. I say it through gritted teeth.

He's a tool but if another club had done the things I've listed half our posters would be piling on so he have to cop it to some extent.

The Jaidyn comment shows he's not being a complete a-hole so here's hoping we can reach some kind of truce.

There are enough Barretts on our board at times without the real thing.

His betrayal of us is too raw for me to consider extending an olive branch right now but that's just me and who cares. The Club needs to move onwards and upwards so working the media to advantage is most important for the future, a good start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He interviewed her in an earlier episode of the podcast.
She said people who didn't like her really just don't like reading the truth about their club. Also that she didn't want to compare herself to Adam Goodes, but she could understand how he feels because his truths also make people uncomfortable.
Some of the best audio I've ever had the privilege to enjoy.
holy ******* s**t

He interviewed her in an earlier episode of the podcast.
She said people who didn't like her really just don't like reading the truth about their club. Also that she didn't want to compare herself to Adam Goodes, but she could understand how he feels because his truths also make people uncomfortable.
Some of the best audio I've ever had the privilege to enjoy.

NPD - A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.

Will be interesting how his reporting on the club is depicted after that, seemed to go pretty well and BA answered everything he asked really well.

Handled Barrett as smoothly as he does a BBQ.

images.jpeg-200.jpg

Someone who get's on their knee's so quickly only means one thing to me and that is that they like it.

The more I hear Ben talk the more I love him.

Smoother than silk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back