Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a bigger idiot in football media these days?

He constantly rehashes stories that other journalists have broke, and tries to pass them off as his own breaking stories.

Then yesterday he claims a big name player (S.Fisher) could be out for the season, despite being name and will most likely play on the same weekend

The latest in a long list of AFL media 'journalists'.

What shits me is how they're pumped up to be massive ground-breaking newshounds but they don't dare cross AFL House and break an actual story. And the number of stories they just get flat-out wrong is staggering.

They're more like World Wrestling Federation reporters than real ones.

i just dont get why he needs the ipad and the tv.

Also how are they any different to us just posting on big footy, 95% of the people posting here could do the job he does.

This is the guy who took the mantle of no 1 AFL Insider from Hutchie. A flog succeeded by another flog.

My biggest hate about Barrett is when he uses the phrase 'and this is fact'. And he used that phrase ALOT.

And it is never fact. It is always speculation. He is the biggest flog in the media right now. Actually he is the 2nd biggest flog, Matt Thompson has that title sewn up. But Barrett is a very respectable 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has never recovered from being overlooked as the Chief Footy Writer of the HUN. Never got the imprimatur of the departing Chief Footy Writer of the HUN to be his replacement.

You may remember that when Sheahan retired the job was unfilled for a year as the HUN tried to poach from other papers. And Barrett was mortified that his arch-enemy Robbo got the job.

On Access All Areas today the flog thinks Howe should be punished for his tackle and that the AFL needs to be harsher on players tackling because too many guys are getting knocked out.

Is he ******* for real? Soon he'll be demanding the tackle completely gone. I hate it when guys who clearly have NFI about the actual game try to have strong opinions on how it should be played.

On Access All Areas today the flog thinks Howe should be punished for his tackle and that the AFL needs to be harsher on players tackling because too many guys are getting knocked out.

Is he ******* for real? Soon he'll be demanding the tackle completely gone. I hate it when guys who clearly have NFI about the actual game try to have strong opinions on how it should be played.
I saw this too and it made my blood boil. This f****** flog seems to think it's his god sent crusade to protect the players by removing tackling from the game. Not just the sling tackle, as Gary suggested, but EVERY tackle. The fact that people tolerate him makes me weep for respectable journalism.

Easily the worst "journalist" around at the moment.

He sensationalises everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back