Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Because they cater to the lowest common denominator. Have to appeal to the low IQ, sexist knuckle draggers out there,

Yeah, I'm not sure why people were surprised tbh...Triple M's core audience is the "bogan tradie who's already half cut at 6pm" crowd.

Sexist jokes about sticking your fingers up women's vaginas is probably like highbrow comedy to them...

Yeah, I'm not sure why people were surprised tbh...Triple M's core audience is the "bogan tradie who's already half cut at 6pm" crowd.

Sexist jokes about sticking your fingers up women's vaginas is probably like highbrow comedy to them...
true story
was at a cafe last week and a trio of tradies were talking jazz fusion and compound time.
There's a first time for everything, and stereotypes are largely dying out.

but you aren't wrong.
they appear to struggle to say anything remotely interesting about football, or funny in general, so its no surprise the stupidity they come out with sometimes.

They get too much exposure now due to the amount of radio, tv, podcasts, webcasts etc.

He is starting to become the news rather than simply report it and that's usually a sign his head is starting to wobble. I didn't mind him a few years ago but I haven't enjoyed much from him this year especially.

His article about 10 things to change the game was ridiculous and all about off field media access mainly. Then he had that whinge saying the AFL should be like the NRL with upcoming free agents announcing where they will play a year in advance. His defence of himselt in the Barry Hall incident was pathetic. That weird weekly article on the AFL website is bizarre. If, when, then, we blah blah blah

Even the fact he calls Matthew Lloyd "Lloydo" rather than "Lloydy" annoys me for some reason.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/29565da203e2326d2507ef93b89b9e74

Alright this has gone far enough. Bevo has to just black ban this twit (again) and not engage in any dialogue with him or even comment on him. Let him write his drivel from afar and ban anyone from the club speaking to him. All clubs should do the same
Never get into an argument with a f#$king moron idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/29565da203e2326d2507ef93b89b9e74

Alright this has gone far enough. Bevo has to just black ban this twit (again) and not engage in any dialogue with him or even comment on him. Let him write his drivel from afar and ban anyone from the club speaking to him. All clubs should do the same
Never get into an argument with a f#$king moron idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
How is Bevo dragging Boyd into this when Boyd was the topic Barrett wrote about.

He called into question whether Boyd was truly injured (which if it was a smokescreen, given Boyd's history you leave it alone), Bevo & Dogs' professional conduct in dropping him, Bevo's relationship with his players (Roughead) and introduces the notion that clubs owe more to the spectacle (Gawn v Boyd) than the fitness of their players.

Bevo may have crossed a line, but sometimes you have to take on a f.wit like Barrett.

I think it is one of the great inclusive feel-good stories in footy - opposition supporters, who are usually in furious disagreement on just about everything, find almost 100% consensus on Barrett being the biggest piece of s**t involved in the footy industry.
The bloke is a bottom feeding scumbag. Deserves all the flak he's copping.

I think it is one of the great inclusive feel-good stories in footy - opposition supporters, who are usually in furious disagreement on just about everything, find almost 100% consensus on Barrett being the biggest piece of s**t involved in the footy industry.

This comment :heart::heart: I was thinking the same thing as i was rolling through the comments and seeing all these different opposition supporters just slagging this cretin. You're too right

Today’s sliding doors is just straight crap from Barrett. Goes away from the point of the column just to take a shot.
Shows just how small a person he is.

Couldn't believe it when I read it this morning. I always thought he was a bit grubby but generally was the best and most reliable news breaker. Have completely changed my opinion on him now after this. Absolutely childish and pointless to write what he did today. And even as a non-Dogs supporter, when he wrote the statement in question last week about Tom Boyd, I 100% saw it the same way Bevo did. The fact that Damien can't acknowledge it is mind boggling. OR, he is doing it on purpose, which sounds far more plausible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't believe it when I read it this morning. I always thought he was a bit grubby but generally was the best and most reliable news breaker. Have completely changed my opinion on him now after this. Absolutely childish and pointless to write what he did today. And even as a non-Dogs supporter, when he wrote the statement in question last week about Tom Boyd, I 100% saw it the same way Bevo did. The fact that Damien can't acknowledge it is mind boggling. OR, he is doing it on purpose, which sounds far more plausible.
Makes me sick to think that even a cent I’ve spent on ticket sales, merchandise etc goes towards paying this absolute bottom feeding piece of garbage.

WB-header.png

If
you try really hard, Bevo ...

then
you could probably read something into this too.

Wow what a flog.

Surely the AFL takes a look at the stream of outrage this flog has generated in the last two weeks and has a word in his ear? I know they need to generate online traffic, but stuff like this damages the integrity of their brand.

Thank christ I'm not the only one who's reacted like this. Barrett is a class-A twat - I thought this whole episode (especially today's comments) have been muck-raking of the lowest order.

As usual Titus O'Reily has the best take

Beveridge and Barrett fight so often I barely notice it anymore. I love a good coach-journalist spat, where the journalist has to pretend they’re not enjoying all the attention and the coach gets to say what they really think about the entire media but claim it’s just about one journalist.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/highly-unhelpful-guide-round-eighteen-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back