Damian Barrett

Nal81

Draftee
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it just me or is Calling guys by their nick names while having a go at them extremely disrespectful. Damo has turned sliding doors into his soapbox for his personal vendettas against Bevo and now Simon Lethlean.

I expect better from the leagues official site and this sort of behavior would be better suited to womans day or the like.

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
All these ******* journos are the same, they offer their opinion to anyone who'll pay them to, bag the crap out of everyone and spew bullshit, and as soon as any remotely comes back their way they make it their life mission to s**t on whoever flung it back at them. "Purple" the flog is no exception.

Damo's targets: Bevo, Simon Lethlean, Nathan Buckley (representing old mate Malthouse)
Caro: James Brayshaw, Eddie McGuire
Slobbo: Malthouse, Buckley, anyone else who's pulled him up on his stupidity and bullshit

Damo’s take on the Al Jazeer/ABC One Nation sting was breathtaking. Couldn’t disagree with him more. Hard to believe as a journo he doesn’t believe in this style of journalism. Screams of someone who’s only done sport & fed stories.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Damo’s take on the Al Jazeer/ABC One Nation sting was breathtaking. Couldn’t disagree with him more. Hard to believe as a journo he doesn’t believe in this style of journalism. Screams of someone who’s only done sport & fed stories.

lol wut? He expressed an opinion on that? Where was that?

lol wut? He expressed an opinion on that? Where was that?

Latest Sounding Board podcast (which would have been useful info in my post! Worth listening too for Hutchy)

Listened to a few eps, it's pretty good.

Hutchy is seemingly honest on it which is pretty interesting.

Hutchy seems a like a ripper bloke for a beer - takes the piss out of himself and Damo constantly. Far cry from his previous media personas which he talks about in an earlier podcast. I’ve listened since the beginning, worth subscribing too.

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Latest sliding doors, just goes to show what a dumb arse Damo is. He hopes that Gaff won’t get booed by the crowd! Hello Damo it is a WCE home home and 95% of the crowd will be WCE supporters. Try researching your topic.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Latest sliding doors, just goes to show what a dumb arse Damo is. He hopes that Gaff won’t get booed by the crowd! Hello Damo it is a WCE home home and 95% of the crowd will be WCE supporters. Try researching your topic.

In the same article he asks for people to forgive Gaff and then proceeds to insinuate Dustin Martin is a thug and deserves to be rubbed out and that the tribunal system is broken..

Sliding doors is far removed from research. It’s only just bordering on opinion writing, it’s mostly just dribble that makes it’s way out of Parrot’s gutter.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
doesn't know the difference between good friday and ANZAC day
1555624758871.png

this guy is a dead set knob.

The Saints are 3-1 when most had them pencilled in to struggle. There are so many good things he could have chosen to write about. Instead he has another crack at Hannerbury.

To be honest I am not sure how the AFL let him constantly air public vendettas against specific people on their website

1555628750354.png

Sheepey

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm not sure how he still has AFL accreditation honestly. His blatant vendetta against the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda is just laughable. He is the worst kind of journalist, just in the game for headlines and to feed into the outrage culture. I don't mind journalists producing hard-hitting or critical articles, but I despise when they clearly have an agenda while operating under an agency which is supposed to be impartial.

An 18 year old intern would do a far better job than he would.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
this guy is a dead set knob.

The Saints are 3-1 when most had them pencilled in to struggle. There are so many good things he could have chosen to write about. Instead he has another crack at Hannerbury.

To be honest I am not sure how the AFL let him constantly air public vendettas against specific people on their website

View attachment 657604

I’m hoping he isn’t clueless and he just clued on that he is below the level of gutter journalism and decided he’d own it and write inflammatory click bait for a living.

For all the crap Andrew Bolt cops (I give him plenty of it), at least he can actually form paragraphs. Purple Parrot’s so poor a journalist he needs a table with headers and single sentences to get his click bait out.

He's one to hold a grudge is Purple. Hodge must have pissed him off somewhere along the journey from the looks of this:

View attachment 657725

Funny I seem to remember him writing some dumb s**t about how great it is having the insight from players and umpires and wanting more “candid” views inside our glorious game some time last year.

He should call the series “revolving doors” not sliding, because his opinion changes every week and goes full circle.

I'm not sure how he still has AFL accreditation honestly. His blatant vendetta against the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda is just laughable. He is the worst kind of journalist, just in the game for headlines and to feed into the outrage culture. I don't mind journalists producing hard-hitting or critical articles, but I despise when they clearly have an agenda, but operate under an agency which is supposed to be impartial.

An 18 year old intern would do a far better job than he would.
Is he always anti-St Kilda or specifically anti Hannerbury and Lethlean?

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I really doubt Barrett will be known in 10 years time.

He will disappear from the game like most hot shot journo's of the past.
70% of his stories are pure negativity. He makes his living from other people's mistakes.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Earlier this month: Barrett seeking greater media access to players

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-04/clubs-are-stonewalling-access-to-players-says-barrett

Last year: Damian Barrett recommending “encouraging, even ordering” players to speak their minds and be more candid - as well as “allowing cameras and microphones into huddles and wiring of players during matches” as 2 of his 10 rules to “fix the game for fans”

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-06/barrett-10-ways-to-fix-footy-for-the-fans

🧐🧐🧐

Back