Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

the common rumour is that Bevo put him in a headlock but really who knows, he might’ve just shouldered him. Purple probably would’ve played for the 50.

It didn't come to anything like that but easily could have.
During the Brownlow count Barrett had approached Bevo during the night on more than one occasion to get some inside info on the Talia brothers issue, which Bevo was not at liberty to discuss as it was under AFL investigation at the time.
Towards the end of the night (and after both had a few beers) Barrett 'coincidentally' found himself in the toilet with Bevo and again asked him about the issue. Bevo reminded him again he could not comment, but Barrett wouldn't let go and then followed Bevo out of the toilets continuing his inquisition. That's when Bevo gave Barrett a shove and said 'mate, go and annoy someone else' or words to that effect. End of story.

Last edited:
It didn't come to anything like that but easily could have.
During the Brownlow count Barrett had approached Bevo during the night on more than one occasion to get some inside info on the Talia brothers issue, which Bevo was not at liberty to discuss as it was under AFL investigation at the time.
Towards the end of the night (and after both had a few beers) Barrett 'coincidentally' found himself in the toilet with Bevo and again asked him about the issue. Bevo reminded him again he could not comment, but Barrett wouldn't let go and then followed Bevo out of the toilets continuing his inquisition. That's when Bevo gave Barrett a shove and said 'mate, go and annoy someone else' or words to that effect. End of story.
Wow, that’s the most damo story ever

The media circle-jerk that has closed ranks with relation to Bevo calling out D Barret is infuriating but not surprising. The AFL world is so small and insular no one would dare criticise Barret in an open forum. He is Hutchy's right hand man - owner of crocmedia that has his hands in many pockets. Does crocmedia run AFL media? it wouldnt surprise me if it also had some contractual arrangement with channel 9 and/or SEN. That is significant overlap between different media organisations and media players and ex journo's. We are naive to expect objectivity in relation to these matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media circle-jerk that has closed ranks with relation to Bevo calling out D Barret is infuriating but not surprising. The AFL world is so small and insular no one would dare criticise Barret in an open forum. He is Hutchy's right hand man - owner of crocmedia that has his hands in many pockets. Does crocmedia run AFL media? it wouldnt surprise me if it also had some contractual arrangement with channel 9 and/or SEN. That is significant overlap between different media organisations and media players and ex journo's. We are naive to expect objectivity in relation to these matters.

If that is the case imo it would be to do with his baffling increasing prominence on the AFL website. In previoys yeaes he could be easily ignored but its harder now as the AFL site is pushing far more his opinion pieces as news stories..

I'm guessing his peers see he's treated by the establishment with such reverence it's not worth taking him on.

They Saints and Dogs should have been about his two favourite targets are Beveridge and Hannebery so far this year.

I still don't understand the sliding doors concept.

neither does he

he's treated by the establishment with such reverence

this just about sums up what is wrong with the footy media industry

Did he just call Toby Greene GWS’s best player?
82956c1ab6d60a519c388d587e26d5fa.jpg

Some facebook page did a mock of Damian’s ‘sliding door’ articles.
Freo Dokers is pretty much the only reason I haven't closed my Facebook account.

This moron, along with Kane Cornes, trying to make a story out of Crows coaching laughing by saying it’s “not a good look”. WTF is going on when these media flogs trying to sanitize the look of the game to the point that people can’t have laugh. Who knows, someone may have just farted in the coaches box for all we know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back