Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett overuses adverbs and has the bad habit of running adverbs together. Lowlights from the above include:'regularly arrogantly', and 'punchily and unequivocally publicly.' This is typical of melodramatic literature. Take, for instance, 'prepared to tolerate the facade of continuing a horrendously and hurtfully broken marriage.' I'm not sure if Mills and Boon are still publishing, but if so he has a fallback career.

Barrett overuses adverbs and has the bad habit of running adverbs together. Lowlights from the above include:'regularly arrogantly', and 'punchily and unequivocally publicly.' This is typical of melodramatic literature. Take, for instance, 'prepared to tolerate the facade of continuing a horrendously and hurtfully broken marriage.' I'm not sure if Mills and Boon are still publishing, but if so he has a fallback career.
His writing is exceptionally bad.

His favourite is to describe something as "going very, very nicely", which really is an extraordinarily weak piece of phrasing.

So Barrett thinks Dusty should be the next captain of Richmond

The guy can’t string 2 sentences together

He is an exceptional player not a leader

Barrett you are a ******* muppet

Well, if you ignore the Tigers most likely would prefer Dusty just focus on his football and that Dusty himself has stated publicly he has no desire to even be part of the leadership group and the fact introvert's rarely succeed in any leadership role - then Barrett's opinion may have some validity..?

This is just more Barrett spin for the creation of a narrative promoting further discussion/debate/outrage. If you ask Damo six months from now what he think's of Jack Riewoldt's Tigers captaincy, I'd be shocked if he even recalls his current opinion on the matter - such is his rinse and repeat of mostly click-bait irrelevant nonsense...

Last edited:
Barrett doesn't give a s**t about Dusty or the Tigers Captain or anything, it's all just to troll you guys who still pay attention to him

Two weeks in a row Damo bags out the blues with ‘dysfunctional’ and ‘rudderless’ board, this guy is a venemous w***er. For once we are taking our time with our re-shuffling and appointments and giving away nothing to the media in terms of the next coach and he then doubles down on his royal opinion that is not how it should be done. Just a gaping a-hole of a person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had the misfortune to read Barrett's Sliding Doors column on the AFL site.
I'm not sure who they pinched the idea from, but the original concept is that: IF X happens THEN it will have consequences for Y.
For example, IF the AFL goes ahead with a Tassie team THEN clubs will start tanking to rebuild lists before drafts are compromised.
Clearly unwilling to make even the slightest mental effort, Barrett comes up with: IF I was coaching the Blues THEN I would play Tom DeKoning this week.
Or, IF Dusty's four goals is his best performance since 2020 THEN he's back!!!! (Which doesn't even make sense).
I reckon this column captures the laziness and thoughtlessness of our footy media.
There, I got it off my chest!

On Pixel 3a XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really poor form to compare illicit drug use with on field performance. Barrett should have thought this over a little better. Drugs have ****ed up peoples lives and cost one of their premiership players their life. For anyone who's struggled with drug use this article is really insulting.

Having a poor performance in the last few seasons is NOTHING compared to the lives drugs have ruined.

Thoughts.

In an 18 team competition where only 8 teams make the finals, 10 teams are sitting ducks for negativity all year round. Guys like Barrett and Cornes feed off it. Can't stand him.

IF ...​

you've never had reason to think of emerging Bomber Sam Durham and former tennis star Vitas Gerulaitis in the same moment ...

THEN ...​

think again. In kicking the match-winning goal against Richmond last weekend, Durham might have been channelling Gerulaitis vibes. His goal stopped the Tigers beating the Bombers for a 14th consecutive time. In 1980, after a famous win against Jimmy Connors in New York, Gerulaitis said: "Let that be a lesson to you all, nobody beats Vitus Gerulaitis 17 times in a row!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back