Roast Damien Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

A journalist cannot talk about spin when they are hired by the company that they also cover. Barrett is more the AFL's press secretary right now than a legitimate journalist and if he had any self-respect he wouldn't represent himself as an objective journalist.

The Essendon supplements saga really encapsulates, to me, the problem with the AFL hiring so many journalists to cover the game. It gives them a massive advantage when it comes to spin and propaganda.

If Telstra hired journalists to cover Telstra their articles would be considered PR and the same should apply to the AFL.

GOLD from Purple, the one AFL person he's willing to treat with the same utter lack of respect is Adrian Anderson.

What next, an article calling out Wayne Jackson? An expose on Tom Wills?

I would gladly watch Foss end his career tonight with an almighty thump to that rat of a mans face. That article on AFL.com.au is nothing short of a blatant attack on a man and a matter that has already been "resolved".

ch 9 advertising 'come and see foss take on purple tonight on the footy show'

Every week he says "James Hird must stand down" and now Hird is gone he says Hird shouldn't have stood down. Pondering whether or not to punch my english teacher in the face, he was talking about it and said "The only journalist that knows anything is Damien Barrett and Caroline Wilsion. All thoese others like Tim Watson and Mark Riccutto are saying Essendon haven't done anything wrong, well, they have"

I hope Essendon starts to have its own accreditation for reporters.

We the members should make it clear that certain types of people just aren't welcome at the club .... don't worry Groucho not talking about your "type"!!!

I'll accredit all reporters everywhere from the day Barrett is dead.

The article wasn't that bad - He managed to have a big crack at the AFL - although he missed having a crack at me.

I would love to know what the sanctions were before Evans departed.

I have no doubt that Hird refusing to resign/stand-down gave us extra sanctions - Read draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a worry that we got extra sanctions, but that's what happens when you take on the AFL. Although we wouldn't have got the 2014 compo pick if it wasn't for our bluster ...

It's a worry that we got extra sanctions, but that's what happens when you take on the AFL. Although we wouldn't have got the 2014 compo pick if it wasn't for our bluster ...

I think we were confident of fighting the charges because we (probably foolishly) thought we had the upper hand, what with the truth and all. We didn't realise the AFL would not only not play fair, but probably held us over a barrel, threatened to take our marquee fixtures and more unless we took an unfairly large punishment, which we were willing to accept because they gave us a monstrous and even more absurd alternative.

Who knows, we may have more picks but less Hird. More money but less points..we'll never know

I have no doubt that Hird refusing to resign/stand-down gave us extra sanctions - Read draft picks.

Possible true but considering who were the last men stand at the club all got penalties, if Hird stood down and no one else left because in Caro's words "Hird wouldn't be able to throw them under the bus" he would have watched as a by stander the media tear the club to shreds and crumble internally an he couldn't of done nothing about it.

Yes we might of received less penalties if Hird wasn't there, but Hird being there focused all the media on him and the players galvanised together to play for him each week.

Vlad couldn't break Essendon only thing he had left was "indefinit deregistration of the club" which we had to fold. Vlad was even looking at another job mid season to jump ship to because he was shitting himself that he couldn't wrap the saga up "his way"

I'm just sitting and waiting for the media flogs like Barrett to 'mysteriously' find something from Doc Reid's past ala A Time To Kill. Absolutely nothing would surprise me with that organisation now. Nothing.

More than anything, Journo's have gotta stop throwing in their articles "Essendon must answer the questions of their members" or "Essendon members have turned/are turning/will turn on Hird/the club". No, we're not, stop trying to use us as another angle to prop up your article, you must've missed the ridiculous support for him and the club this year. And you think we're now going to jump ship and take the Media/AFL side of things?

More than anything, Journo's have gotta stop throwing in their articles "Essendon must answer the questions of their members" or "Essendon members have turned/are turning/will turn on Hird/the club". No, we're not, stop trying to use us as another angle to prop up your article, you must've missed the ridiculous support for him and the club this year. And you think we're now going to jump ship and take the Media/AFL side of things?

Yep. Why would the club care so much about our opinion if we are as deluded as we are made out to be? Flogs.

Absolute weasel. Strikes me as the kind of bloke that got picked on all through school, so he made friends with the teachers by being the snitch

Yup, he got beaten up by footy players, this is his revenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back