"Damien Hardwick’s swipe at David Schwarz over Tom Lynch criticism"

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

The Tigers boss didn’t hold back on Demons favourite Schwarz, who he played against in the 2000 Grand Final while representing Essendon.

“I know Tom better than everyone on this screen, I think if you ask the vast majority of people in the AFL, you couldn’t meet a nicer person in AFL circles,” he said.

“He’s not overly proud of what he did to young Witherden and on the weekend but the reality is these things happen from time to time. Let’s not define a person’s character by one event.

“This guy’s incredibly brave on the field, he jumps into packs, he jumps back with courage. So for people to sit there and say he lacks courage is completely irresponsible and lacks perspective and they really should have a good hard look at themselves.

“Because I guarantee you a few players out there making comment, mainly David Schwarz, I played a Grand Final (in 2000) against that bloke and within 20 minutes of the game he was crying, so (he should) have a look at himself at some stage.”

Alright guys have at it.

Richmond head coach calls out David Schwartz, who has always been open and confronting about his battles with Depression and gambling addiction for crying after losing the Grand final in 2000.

How sad that in 2020 the idea that a Man is not tough enough because they cry. Hopefully Dimma clarifies and apologises for his comments.

Last edited:

Nah, Dimma all the way,

David Schwarz said he would have put his hands on the throat of Lynch if it had happened to him,

Just cause you've suffered depression doesn't mean you're immune to criticism when you talk sh*t like that
If he was calling out Schwartz for being gutless and a coward on the field then fine. That's not what Hardwick is referring to.

If he was calling out Schwartz for being gutless and a coward on the field then fine. That's not what Hardwick is referring to.
So crying because you realised you've lost the Grand Final 20 minutes in is courageous? FMD people like you are what's wrong with the world!

How do you know?

Another storm in a teacup.

Just wish this year didn't have so much garbage like this. It seems more this year, but maybe that's just me. Every week has it's little 'crisis'. If there isn't something genuine they make up something.

KP's belting one another is as old as footy. So the news is that a tap hit the sweet spot. (Although probably Aarts hit was the worse one in that sequence). Oh my God he should be taken out and shot, dirty player etc. All FF's do this, and so do all FBs.

Now you've got media commentators mouthing off, and Dimma firing back. Shut up Dimma, this will disappear as soon as something else happens. Just stuoid by all involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers bullied the Demons on the big stage and he cried.
Any other conclusions that are jumped to is just typical of today.

If any other coach said it, the notorious Caroline Wilson would flame him for his comments, but because she is a biarsed Richmond homie she will ignore Dimma's comments and just go for the jugular of The Ox and Mitch Robinson, which is why no one can take her seriously as an legitimate AFL Journalist

Finally grow up Dimma, never saw the great coaches of the game like Allan Jeans or David Parkin make such childish melt comments after winning a couple of flags as coach, unfortunately those two gents were born and bred with class, which is something you clearly have yet to be familiar with.

Nah, Dimma all the way,

David Schwarz said he would have put his hands on the throat of Lynch if it had happened to him,

Just cause you've suffered depression doesn't mean you're immune to criticism when you talk sh*t like that

The criticism is a coach/critic, trying to go the man is cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back