Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quality gesture from the Tigers. As was the respect shown to Hurley when kicked a goal in his last match. Don't think I've ever seen that kind of response on field before to rival players. It was a great look for footy.
And when Cotchin cleaned up the change rooms after a finals victory when he didn’t have to. And when Lynch consoled an upset port kid after that prelim.

But people rag on about our culture because two people got a kebab once.

Thats all frog shiit

The only relevant count - is the big count - the GF Count

And presently it sits at 2 to Richmond and 1 - to the Reigning Premier Geelong
Look, the truth is that 2-10 is not a good finals record vs the Tigers but I wouldn’t go that far calling it frog shiit. I think you are a little bit harsh on your own kind here, especially after winning that elusive premiership.

But, hey, lets not argue about unimportant things and numbers here, 2>10, 1>2, West is East etc. Whatever makes you happy.

After all, as George Constanza famously said, It’s not a lie if you believe in it….

I can’t wait until next years finals series. Hoping for a top 4 featuring 4 Victorian clubs.

Blues, Cats, Dees, Tigers I reckon.

Selective stats are cute, but the real reason for many Richmond fans angst is that they feel like they aren't respected like the true dominant forces of recent times such as Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong which definitely adds to the comedy of your post.

Here are some of my favourite selective stats for your perusal

AFL era flags:
Geelong 4
Richmond 3

AFL era finals series appearances:
Geelong 24
Richmond 10

AFL era finals wins
Geelong 32
Richmond 12

Wins
Geelong 1387
Richmond 1201

Record GF winning margin:
Geelong 119
Richmond 89

Lol those stats make you look worse. More AFL flags yet less overall, finals and H&A win loss to flag ratios are atrocious. Finally GF winning % beats record margin. % means dominance, it’s why they use it for the ladder after wins.

Not to be mean but Richmond beat Geelong pretty much every important thing apart from having a sick Ford logo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there anything more lame than trying to say a GF that an oppo beat your team in didn't really count? Come on mate. Be better.
I think you're missing the theme of the thread
Still can’t believe two years later he still believes this s**t. You’d think winning a premiership less than a week ago, the dude would be a bit more humble?

Compare my attitude on GF night to his two years later. Dunno my password and email to that account
For a bloke who is campaigning to get Danger stripped of his premiership medallion "because he is a media loving flog" I don't think you can pick a horse for this race. Further to that, read the room before you come in here to try and denigrate what I'm saying or before you try to take the high road quoting old posts. Go and read what I posted at the time, you'll probably find it was very complimentary.
5 of the top 7 posters in this thread are Cats fans. Funny stuff.
2 of the top 3 posters are Tigers fans. Even funnier stuff

I think you're missing the theme of the thread

For a bloke who is campaigning to get Danger stripped of his premiership medallion "because he is a media loving flog" I don't think you can pick a horse for this race. Further to that, read the room before you come in here to try and denigrate what I'm saying or before you try to take the high road quoting old posts. Go and read what I posted at the time, you'll probably find it was very complimentary.

2 of the top 3 posters are Tigers fans. Even funnier stuff
I never once said Dangerfield should have a premiership medal stripped. I just said I’m ashamed to have his terrible personality win a premiership representing this club.

Since he won said flag he seems less like a tosser though.

Lol those stats make you look worse. More AFL flags yet less overall, finals and H&A win loss to flag ratios are atrocious. Finally GF winning % beats record margin. % means dominance, it’s why they use it for the ladder after wins.

Not to be mean but Richmond beat Geelong pretty much every important thing apart from having a sick Ford logo.

Winning GF percentage beats margin?

L O L ?

I never once said Dangerfield should have a premiership medal stripped. I just said I’m ashamed to have his terrible personality win a premiership representing this club.

Since he won said flag he seems less like a tosser though.
jlaw-whtvr.gif

View attachment 1522450Yep, trash culture confirmed.
I’ll never forget what your team did for Gary Ablett Jnr after the 2020 grand final. From memory, I’m pretty sure it was actually Dusty Martin that set it up.

After Dangerfield took out Vlaustin 1 minute in, you guys shouldn’t have even done it. All class Richmond.

Your coach is a twat tho lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning GF percentage beats margin?

L O L ?

Yes that’s what it represents in mathematics. They AFL also knows this hence why it’s used on the ladder. Look I know you don’t like it but it’s true. It’s not a big deal anyway.

Yes that’s what it represents in mathematics. They AFL also knows this hence why it’s used on the ladder. Look I know you don’t like it but it’s true. It’s not a big deal anyway.

Don’t waste your energy on him. He’s a troll and he’s the only user on this website I’ve ever had ignored (although not currently). Sad considering he’s meant to be one of mine.

So you're saying the GF result is used on the ladder and that's why percentage matter, and no one cares about a record GF margin because the ladder uses percentages? :drunk:

Don’t waste your energy on him. He’s a troll and he’s the only user on this website I’ve ever had ignored (although not currently). Sad considering he’s meant to be one of mine.
Other than your comments trashing Danger I can't remember an interaction we've ever had. I find it pretty unbelievable you're talking to Falcon and calling anyone else a troll though.

Can you actually explain why I’m wrong. My comment is not incorrect. AFL uses it and a ratios are used in maths to COMPARE things. COMPARISONS is what is used to DETERMINE dominance. Why is it so hard to understand and so upsetting for you.

So you're saying the GF result is used on the ladder and that's why percentage matter, and no one cares about a record GF margin because the ladder uses percentages? :drunk:

Do you know what H&A is? Because that comment about % in finals is so out there idk how you even thought of that comment.

Other than your comments trashing Danger I can't remember an interaction we've ever had. I find it pretty unbelievable you're talking to Falcon and calling anyone else a troll though.
Falcon is quite probably a teenager and I remember having my first account. Think I had about 7000 posts with 5000 likes, as a smartass teenager would on a website full of elderly people such as yourself. Leave the kid alone.

I’m sick of seeing people like you pick on him just for having an opinion even if sometimes it’s wrong. Do you feel like a big man picking on a kid?

Did he mention the Boston Celtics coach? Doubt it.

Falcon is quite probably a teenager and I remember having my first account. Think I had about 7000 posts with 5000 likes, as a smartass teenager would on a website full of elderly people such as yourself. Leave the kid alone.

I’m sick of seeing people like you pick on him just for having an opinion even if sometimes it’s wrong. Do you feel like a big man picking on a kid?

Oops ignore my previous comment I thought you were having a go at me lol

Do you know what H&A is? Because that comment about % in finals is so out there idk how you even thought of that comment.

First you're talking about GF percentages and now you're talking about, I dunno? How does this relate to Geelong's record Grand Final winning margin again?

Falcon told me he was 24 or so, which isn't a much younger than me so unless our mate lied about his age then why should it matter? When I told you to read the room, ie. the room full of Richmond supporters doing anything they can to denigrate anything Geelong has achieved with me returning serve, I did so because I legitimately thought you were missing the point. Now I think I see why you posted in that manner so I'll leave you and your mate to it. Enjoy

First you're talking about GF percentages and now you're talking about, I dunno? How does this relate to Geelong's record Grand Final winning margin again?

Falcon told me he was 24 or so, which isn't a much younger than me so unless our mate lied about his age then why should it matter? When I told you to read the room, ie. the room full of Richmond supporters doing anything they can to denigrate anything Geelong has achieved with me returning serve, I did so because I legitimately thought you were missing the point. Now I think I see why you posted in that manner so I'll leave you and your mate to it. Enjoy
Richmond fans might be arrogant but it’s all in good nature. They’re not stupid mate. These are real people behind their screens. Stop taking things personally when it’s just banter.

You act as if Richmond fans aren’t aware that since 2007 that Geelong has featured in 6 grand finals to Richmonds 3.

Richmond just has a better strike rate with 100% compared to our 66% despite the fact we probably made finals double the amount they have in the same timeframe.

I’m sure they’d love to match us with a 4th premiership over this time but I’d be nervous if they matched our finals appearances (15 times in the last 16 years) when they like Hawthorn win the flag most times they make the finals.

Richmond fans might be arrogant but it’s all in good nature. They’re not stupid mate. These are real people behind their screens. Stop taking things personally when it’s just banter.

You act as if Richmond fans aren’t aware that since 2007 that Geelong has featured in 6 grand finals to Richmonds 3.

Richmond just has a better strike rate with 100% compared to our 66% despite the fact we probably made finals double the amount they have in the same timeframe.

I’m sure they’d love to match us with a 4th premiership over this time but I’d be nervous if they matched our finals appearances (15 times in the last 16 years) when they like Hawthorn win the flag most times they make the finals.
lol what makes you think I'm taking things personally? why are you lecturing me on what Richmond fans think? This thread has taken a turn for the weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back