Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Assassin

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Damien Hardwick said last night at Richmond's best and fairest that Richmond would have beaten Geelong in the finals this year, because in the words of Hardwick "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage".

Hardwick mentioned that Richmond should have beaten Brisbane if it weren't for the ARC, and they'd have fancied themselves to beat Melbourne because Melbourne were sore and banged up, before mentioning they'd have gone on to beat Geelong.

Has Hardwick just poked the hornets nest similar to what Jeff Kennett did in 2009?

Hardwick 2022 "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage"
Kennett 2009 "we've beaten Geelong when it matters"

Are we about to see the Kennett Curse 2.0?

2010a64f73d272d6029a1b3eafd45415

FdZ-FTlaIAEEret.jpg

He's all class
I reckon Hardwick reads these forums.

Someone started a thread on here this year asking whether or not Geelong/Richmond was the new Geelong/Hawthorn.

Nek minnut Hardwick channels Kennett in his speech at Richmond's best and fairest.

Context. He said it at a Richmond function (best and fairest) in front of Richmond people. It’s not about the other clubs but more building hope within the club for 2023.

Shouldn’t even have to explain it really but average BigFooty poster is pretty dumb when it comes to this sort of stuff (clearly)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Hardwick said last night at Richmond's best and fairest that Richmond would have beaten Geelong in the finals this year, because in the words of Hardwick "we know what happens when Richmond and Geelong meet in finals".

Hardwick mentioned that Richmond should have beaten Brisbane if it weren't for the ARC, and they'd have fancied themselves to beat Melbourne because Melbourne were sore and banged up, before mentioning they'd have gone on to beat Geelong.

Has Hardwick just poked the hornets nest similar to what Jeff Kennett did in 2009?

Hardwick 2022 "we know what happens when Richmond and Geelong meet in finals"
Kennett 2009 "we've beaten Geelong when it matters"

Are we about to see the Kennett Curse 2.0?
What an odd thing for him to say.
Do you have a link to this quote?

Context. He said it at a Richmond function (best and fairest) in front of Richmond people. It’s not about the other clubs but more building hope within the club for 2023.

Shouldn’t even have to explain it really but average BigFooty poster is pretty dumb when it comes to this sort of stuff (clearly)

Even if all that were true, the disrespect to think that you'd automatically beat us just because of your past record, is a bit much. Not to mention him labeling the club 'the envy of the competition'...after finishing 7th and losing to North this year.

God I can only imagine the s**t we'd cop if Scott said something even remotely similar

Even if all that were true, the disrespect to think that you'd automatically beat us just because of your past record, is a bit much. Not to mention him labeling the club 'the envy of the competition'...after finishing 7th and losing to North this year.

God I can only imagine the s**t we'd cop if Scott said something even remotely similar
This is getting even better
Surely he didn't say "envy of the competition"?

Haven’t seen any footage but would be confident that he was being bullish but slightly tongue in cheek, no doubt he played up ‘we know what happens when Richmond play Geelong’ for laughs/cheers rather than as a measured assessment.

OP is just s**t stirring

Yeh - because statements like this never get leaked from a private football function :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back