Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch Gary Ablett's last match if you want a nightmare.
That's not the stuff of nightmares. The best team won on the day and it was embarrassing for them that they'd been outplayed to half time. See Damien, it's not that difficult. I guess the shoulda, woulda, coulda narrative suits him better. Good luck Tigers in 2023, hope you don't finish 9th.

Sweet dreams :D

74c0fddd707d1303d95ec47be1faf34c

Damien Hardwick said last night at Richmond's best and fairest that Richmond would have beaten Geelong in the finals this year, because in the words of Hardwick "we know what happens when Richmond and Geelong meet in finals".

Hardwick mentioned that Richmond should have beaten Brisbane if it weren't for the ARC, and they'd have fancied themselves to beat Melbourne because Melbourne were sore and banged up, before mentioning they'd have gone on to beat Geelong.

Has Hardwick just poked the hornets nest similar to what Jeff Kennett did in 2009?

Hardwick 2022 "we know what happens when Richmond and Geelong meet in finals"
Kennett 2009 "we've beaten Geelong when it matters"

Are we about to see the Kennett Curse 2.0?
Delusional.

That said, I wouldn’t have minded it if Swans played Richmond on the GF. Couldn’t have gone worse at the very least 😂

Damien Hardwick said last night at Richmond's best and fairest that Richmond would have beaten Geelong in the finals this year, because in the words of Hardwick "we know what happens when Richmond and Geelong meet in finals".

Hardwick mentioned that Richmond should have beaten Brisbane if it weren't for the ARC, and they'd have fancied themselves to beat Melbourne because Melbourne were sore and banged up, before mentioning they'd have gone on to beat Geelong.

Has Hardwick just poked the hornets nest similar to what Jeff Kennett did in 2009?

What did McCreagh say about “what if’s” and “if only’s”?

I didn’t rate all the messiah crap about McCreagh near the back of the season, but maybe Dimma should have paid more attention. This mentality is soft as.

I just read today what Sheedy told his team at their end of year function after getting smashed by 83 in a GF before they won the next two (hey, I need some hope don’t I?). He started his speech saying that he better not catch one of his players smiling because there was nothing to smile about.

Stark difference.

That's not the stuff of nightmares. The best team won on the day and it was embarrassing for them that they'd been outplayed to half time. See Damien, it's not that difficult. I guess the shoulda, woulda, coulda narrative suits him better. Good luck Tigers in 2023, hope you don't finish 9th.

Sweet dreams :D

74c0fddd707d1303d95ec47be1faf34c
Geelong fans need to use images of other teams beating Richmond because they can’t do it themselves.

🐰 🐰

Seeing as everyone is speculating (which is why I watched it, because I played it down at first because I couldn't believe it) - here is the video. Skip to about 2 minutes in where he starts complaining about free kicks missed and the ARC - and decide for yourselves:

I agree he was more serious than joking, but I don’t think it matters.

Could you imagine if Longmire made some poor jokes at a function about the 2016 umpiring? What message would that send to his team and competition? It would say that he doesn’t prioritise the controlables, even in a carefully planned speech. It would undermine the Bloods culture.

If I was Longmire I would have the biggest whinge ever, but that is why I am not an AFL coach and he is.

Geelong fans need to use images of other teams beating Richmond because they can’t do it themselves.

🐰 🐰
I stopped reading after that. Why write it. If it's stupid ? Lol
Relax, no need to lynch anybody. I'll quit while I'm a little behind. I think the point I'm trying to make is going straight over your heads.

Tiges did make it very difficult to beat them in Finals this season.. by getting knocked out first up. Even harder to beat them in Finals last season.

Tiges did make it very difficult to beat them in Finals this season.. by getting knocked out first up. Even harder to beat them in Finals last season.
You left out 2017, 2019 and 2020 😃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to lay off the devils lettuce.
dead straight opposite. He should be on it more.

Why would junior rioli get traded and play for a south australian club next season?

A bag of weed in South Australia is literally dirt cheap compared to other states. $30 per dope or weed bag lol

Let’s also be clear, hardwick is a very arrogant trashy bloke who loves to whinge and sook a lot. You will never in a 100 years hear Chris Scott or John longmire conduct themselves like this.

Very unprofessional representation for the club.

Good on Hardwick for throwing down some shade, I'd love to see another Richmond v Geelong GF at the G, it would be epic.

Instead we have Reject Ratten who would struggle to throw down some shade against North, West Coast or an AFLW team.
Why would he need to throw shade at an AFLW team?

Hardwicks a moron. The only reason we lost to richmond in previous finals was our crappy defensive game plan. This year we changed it. We would of pulverised richmond.

These threads make me want to give up big footy. I don't enjoy the baiting and anger between Richmond and Geelong. Banter can be fun but it's become toxic and you can rarely find a rational or respectful comment amongst any interactions between Richmond and Geelong fans.
Thats what banter is. And what the hell does toxic mean? Can people stop using such a stupid meaningless term.

Richmond couldn't even beat us lol they weren't getting within 10 goals of Geelong
But we are your grand final.
We always match up well against Geelong.
We were so good at it that Hocking had to change rules to stop it.

This whole thing reminds me of the "But You Weren't" scene from The Sopranos.

"If we were playing Geelong, we would have smashed them"
"But you weren't...."
"And if we were in the GF we'd totally win"
"But you weren't...."
"And if we were awarded a goal by the review..."
"But you weren't...."
"Yeah but we COULD have been...."
"But you weren't....."

Let’s also be clear, hardwick is a very arrogant trashy bloke who loves to whinge and sook a lot. You will never in a 100 years hear Chris Scott or John longmire conduct themselves like this.

Very unprofessional representation for the club.
The only thing that stopped Chris Scott’s baby whining was losing the 2020 GF. He’s been far more retrospect since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back