Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
There goes the 3 peat.
Bullshit. Chris Scott could coach this team to a premiership.... But only once ;)

This move makes a lot of sense. Covid has taken a toll on everyone. He’s been in a pressure cooker for a decade. If he needs the time, he’s earned it. Common sense move.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Bullshit. Chris Scott could coach this team to a premiership.... But only once ;)
check out the geelong board , he lost the cup for them by the way he handled Danger

sandeano

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Space
Thinking that if Graeme Richmond was still in charge...

Dimme: After being away from home for 4 months but managing to coach the team to its third flag in four years I'm exhausted. I'd like to take an extended break, please.

GR: That's reasonable, Dimma. How long were you thinking.

Dimma: Sometime around February?

GR: Hmmm. Tell you what, make it Wednesday. And because of the great year you've had there will be a couple of nice, new Pelaco shirts waiting for you when you get here. See you Wednesday.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
Good idea for him.

I suppose Kingsley will lead the group for a while. The only hard thing might be onboarding any new assistants without the head coach around. Could just mean we're going to promote Xavier Clarke and Ryan Ferguson and leave it at that.
Very confident in Kingsley - the work he did on our clearance game set us up for that GF win. Makes it easier to stomach losing McRae and Lepper.

thecotch

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Have full confidence in our club. The only club to not have sacked any coaches. We are well run and everything will be planned and structured. Dimma can take as long as he needs. Recharge the batteries and let's get the three peat under way!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
If clubs are honest, the preseason is typically run by the assistant coaches anyway with the head coach, planning.

I think the club is a well oiled machine now. We will not be fundamentally changing our game plan, our drills, fitness expectations, etc. It previous seasons, Dimma has had the assistants organise our preseason trips and our motivational events.

I think he'll keep a close watch on everything from afar regardless, and touch base with any new coaching appointments and players.

Many people still feel that it is the head coach that runs everything. This is not the case. Much of the training and player development is run by the assistants. Dimma is there to oversee the lots, motivate and inspire, tactically strategize and market the club.

I'm more than happy for him to take time off. After winning us 3 flags in 4 years, he has a free pass to do whatever the hell he likes! I have complete faith in him and the best run Dynasty club in the land.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Very smart decision, gotta mix things up and try to somehow make next year feel fresh. Will be good for the players to hear some different voices.

Back