Dan Andrews vs Gladys Berejiklian: Whose damage is worse?

Who caused more damage:

• Dan Andrews

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Glad Berijiklian

Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Yeah yeah, Gladys has green shoots. The grass is always greener.

I trust both leaders have fully documented their decisions, no more of the 'dont recall' hubris or no one accepting responsibility.
Both CHO's have their advice acknowledged by the Minister & the Premier.

The nursing workforce is struggling in both States & there is no room to move. Something/someone/somewhere is missing out, as fixing one hole, opens it somewhere else ... not paying the staff for ALL overtime is being accepted by the nursing workforce: not good enough Dan.
Is it happening in NSW.

Mum has been a nurse for 50 years.

Unpaid OT has always been the norm.

Officially you are told to clock off, but as campbell and Crankyhawk will tell you, very few will leave if there is patient care still to be closed off. And reality is most come in early so they have sufficient time to do their early work volume

And people bag them for being the cause of hospital waste because they don't do enough scat work...

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Officially you are told to clock off, but as campbell and Crankyhawk will tell you, very few will leave if there is patient care still to be closed off. And reality is most come in early so they have sufficient time to do their early work volume

And people bag them for being the cause of hospital waste because they don't do enough scat work...

Spot on, perhaps its just Covid that is seeing on-line petitions circulating here in Vic.

Spot on, perhaps its just Covid that is seeing on-line petitions circulating here in Vic.

People are paying attention for once.

Same people sooking about it now would be the same ones who hit the roof if someone doesn't drop everything for them in hospital normally (I've only been in share wards, and the abuse nurses and staff cop is massive)

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Spot on.
OT is rarely paid. TOIL, has to be preapproved. Htf do you know if you willbe there late the day before?

I worked at a place a few years ago. I was on clinical call 7 nights out of 14. I was also oncall the other 7 for admin call as I was the facility boss. I got no money for any call, nada.

I remember one night,I was called in at 0200, and one staff member anfd ambulance took patient to nearest larger favility to return at 0630.
I worked ED and ward( small facility), it was busy.

I was due at the larger town for a meeting at 0800. I was in trouble as I refused to drive with little sleep. I was refused to call in for the meeting.
I was docked pay for not working until lunchtime.

Needless to say, I withdrew my services and got a far better, much better supported job.

Sad, but a lot of nurses,especially remote and rural ones, work in appalling conditions.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Same people sooking about it now would be the same ones who hit the roof if someone doesn't drop everything for them in hospital normally (I've only been in share wards, and the abuse nurses and staff cop is massive)

Remember Warwick Capper, the ED nurse did not know who he is ...

Re the online petition (for pandemic hardship payments) a lot of blowback is coming from other nurses saying “this is the job”.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Spot on.
OT is rarely paid. TOIL, has to be preapproved. Htf do you know if you willbe there late the day before?

I worked at a place a few years ago. I was on clinical call 7 nights out of 14. I was also oncall the other 7 for admin call as I was the facility boss. I got no money for any call, nada.

I remember one night,I was called in at 0200, and one staff member anfd ambulance took patient to nearest larger favility to return at 0630.
I worked ED and ward( small facility), it was busy.

I was due at the larger town for a meeting at 0800. I was in trouble as I refused to drive with little sleep. I was refused to call in for the meeting.
I was docked pay for not working until lunchtime.

Needless to say, I withdrew my services and got a far better, much better supported job.

Sad, but a lot of nurses,especially remote and rural ones, work in appalling conditions.

The Covid workforce problems are across the board including the large inner Melbourne hospitals.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Friend of mine at NSW Health works 80 hours a week at the moment and is getting overtime for 42.5 of those hours.

Not sure if everyone is getting fully credited for overtime but I havent seen any talk of people working unpaid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friend of mine at NSW Health works 80 hours a week at the moment and is getting overtime for 42.5 of those hours.

Not sure if everyone is getting fully credited for overtime but I havent seen any talk of people working unpaid.

this was kind of my point.

its not that you get rostered on for 12 hours and only get paid for 8. to do your job properly, you need to come in early, and you need to finish late

its an institutional issue, and long predates covid

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
this was kind of my point.

its not that you get rostered on for 12 hours and only get paid for 8. to do your job properly, you need to come in early, and you need to finish late

its an institutional issue, and long predates covid

As I said Im unsure if its everywhere but from his area everyone gets paid for all the work they do.

That said, starting a little early and finishing a little late is pretty much an everywhere thing. Not just the health industry.

Anyone still thinking Dictator Dan is ahead of or neck and neck Aunty Gladys in terms of pandemic management?
Judging by his conspicuous absence yesterday I’d say Dan has pulled out of the race and conceded

As I said Im unsure if its everywhere but from his area everyone gets paid for all the work they do.

That said, starting a little early and finishing a little late is pretty much an everywhere thing. Not just the health industry.

dont disagree with the latter, but some places do it better than others.

one place i worked at while uni mandated everyone had to arrive 30 minutes before start of shift, and their prep work was to be done during that time

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1632264390473.png

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
dont disagree with the latter, but some places do it better than others.

one place i worked at while uni mandated everyone had to arrive 30 minutes before start of shift, and their prep work was to be done during that time

Which Im pretty sure is illegal.

When I was at Telstra the shifts started just before the half hour/hour to allow you time to log in. When I became an independent contractor they changed my shift to start on the half hour/hour knowing that it meant I wasnt ready to start instantly, but also so that I didnt get access to the shift loading for the early/late shifts which pretty much everyone worked.

Which Im pretty sure is illegal.

When I was at Telstra the shifts started just before the half hour/hour to allow you time to log in. When I became an independent contractor they changed my shift to start on the half hour/hour knowing that it meant I wasnt ready to start instantly, but also so that I didnt get access to the shift loading for the early/late shifts which pretty much everyone worked.

our boss had the view that he paid us to work, not to prepare to work

he also had the view if we didnt like it we could work elsewhere

frankston in the early 90's, you took what you could get

Back