Toast Dan Butler Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of us were wondering what he was doing languishing in the seconds last year as the seniors were hardly starring to keep their spots....
And there were just as many that had him on the list clogger basket and wanting him delisted. Kids got the tools and works his ass off on and off the field without whingeing and blaming the coaches

And there were just as many that had him on the list clogger basket and wanting him delisted. Kids got the tools and works his ass off on and off the field without whingeing and blaming the coaches
Didn't he have injuries early?

He arrived at the club with an existing injury

"After suffering repeated knee issues in his debut season, the small forward finally played regular VFL football in 2016."
Cheers.
Kudos to the recruiting dept then.
Like him a lot.

Wow , no mention of Lennon , wtf is going on?

Thought he was only okay, but this nomination represents reward for consistent output across the season.
Yep, as much for a good body of work I'd say.

Last year, in the only game of the VFL I saw. I had never seen a such a piss-fart of a player. He could not have been more disinterested and wondered why he was out there. Now this?! Not sure who is responsible but well done as he is the biggest improvement I've seen at the Club in a long time. If I had a hat I'd take it off and eat it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, as much for a good body of work I'd say.

Last year, in the only game of the VFL I saw. I had never seen a such a piss-fart of a player. He could not have been more disinterested and wondered why he was out there. Now this?! Not sure who is responsible but well done as he is the biggest improvement I've seen at the Club in a long time. If I had a hat I'd take it off and eat it!
Ho looked really flat after coming back from injury. I think someone must have got into his ear as something resonated as he was good up forward in the VFL and even got a run through the middle late season.

How good is it having exciting small forwards running around again?
QlSBbJc.jpg

Always happy to be proven wrong - Dan has definitely done that to me here.

Will be ace if he can match the 2nd half of the season with what he has done in the first half.

Great addition to the midget club we've developed. Not sure how long Jack has been advocating to be the only tall player in the forward 50. But his work is paying off. jack and 5 dwarfs.

Butler, well done!! Great work and should improve. Love it.

When these kids consistently kick the goals they should and then start nailing the half chances there will be absolute mayhem in the stands.
It will rain goals.
Rioli - 29 games - 1.1 goals, 0.7 behinds
Castagna - 16 games - 1.1 goals, 0.8 behinds
Butler - 9 games - 1.2 goals, 0.8 behinds
Bolton - 3 games - 0 goals, 1.3 behinds.

All managing about 2 scoring shots a game (except Bolton but hes even earlier) at the start of their careers.
Just imagine them in 2-3 years :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back