Richmond 2019 Premiers
'Small' players outside of Richmond's current 22:
-Jack Higgins
-Sydney Stack
-Marlion Pickett
-Dan Butler
-Mav Weller
-Jake Aarts

I think even with Higgins potentially being out for much of 2020 it's likely that Butler will struggle to become a regular 22 game, then the year after Richmond will be keen to bring in Maurice Rioli Jnr for the 2021 season.

Best to let Butler go for a 2nd/3rd rounder and keep one of Weller & Aarts for the VFL and injury depth as they are cheaper and have less trade value than Butler

-Jack Higgins - Out entire 2020
-Sydney Stack - Best 22 100% but dont think he will be a small foward
-Marlion Pickett - Not a small foward but more mid/hb
-Dan Butler
-Mav Weller - Delist
-Jake Aarts - Delist

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
'Small' players outside of Richmond's current 22:
-Jack Higgins
-Sydney Stack
-Marlion Pickett
-Dan Butler
-Mav Weller
-Jake Aarts

I think even with Higgins potentially being out for much of 2020 it's likely that Butler will struggle to become a regular 22 game, then the year after Richmond will be keen to bring in Maurice Rioli Jnr for the 2021 season.

Best to let Butler go for a 2nd/3rd rounder and keep one of Weller & Aarts for the VFL and injury depth as they are cheaper and have less trade value than Butler
we're not paying a second for him :tearsofjoy::joycat::tearsofjoy:

we're not paying a second for him :tearsofjoy::joycat::tearsofjoy:

I mentioned a 2nd/3rd rounder because I didn’t look at what Carlton already had.

But Pick 38 (Carlton’s 3rd) would seem about right IMO for a 23 year old Premiership player who last year was named in the 22under22 team— maybe with Richmond’s 5th Round Pick going with Butler (a pick Richmond most likely won’t use as they won’t make many list changes)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I mentioned a 2nd/3rd rounder because I didn’t look at what Carlton already had.

But Pick 38 (Carlton’s 3rd) would seem about right IMO for a 23 year old Premiership player who last year was named in the 22under22 team— maybe with Richmond’s 5th Round Pick going with Butler (a pick Richmond most likely won’t use as they won’t make many list changes)

I would be happy with Butler +#70 for Carltons #44

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Doubt we do the blues any favors by making it simple and cheap.

They have been s**t house to deal with since sos took over

We will grab him for nothing in the PSD then

You have very little cards to play with here.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No you won't.

Oh yes we do, and anyhow I doubt Richmond will haggle too much over Butler, 4th round should get the job for a bloke who has hardly played a game this year, and out of contract and clearly No longer best 22 for the RFC anymore.

Despite what some of the clowns here think, club list managers are too professional to let club rivalries and past grudges dictate the outcome of a trade.

Butler to Carlton will be done smoothly and with a minimum of fuss, assuming no nonominateus.Tigers need to free up cap and list space anyway, so it's not gonna hurt them if they trade Butler for perceived 'unders'.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Oh yes we do, and anyhow I doubt Richmond will haggle too much over Butler, 4th round should get the job for a bloke who has hardly played a game this year, and out of contract and clearly No longer best 22 for the RFC anymore.

Despite what some of the clowns here think, club list managers are too professional to let club rivalries and past grudges dictate the outcome of a trade.

Butler to Carlton will be done smoothly and with a minimum of fuss, assuming no nonominateus.Tigers need to free up cap and list space anyway, so it's not gonna hurt them if they trade Butler for perceived 'unders'.

You're not getting him through the PSD.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Both GC and the Dees would grab him first.

That is assuming both teams would have 'live' picks/a slot in the PSD.

The PSD is just an empty threat anyway, Butler will be trade in the pick in the 40s or 50s, RFC seem to be pretty good and reasonable traders (they will let Butler go to Carlton in a similar deal in how they sent Anthony Miles and Corey Ellis to Gold Coast)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That is assuming both teams would have 'live' picks/a slot in the PSD.

The PSD is just an empty threat anyway, Butler will be trade in the pick in the 40s or 50s, RFC seem to be pretty good and reasonable traders (they will let Butler go to Carlton in a similar deal in how they sent Anthony Miles and Corey Ellis to Gold Coast)
Yeah except they would've been delisted if they weren't traded for peanuts.

We did give up Lloyd for 60 something though. I think we will be upgrading 3 rookies this year so I doubt we'll take many picks to the draft so a late pick might be enough.

Another Grigg-esque straight swap would be nice 😉

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah except they would've been delisted if they weren't traded for peanuts.

We did give up Lloyd for 60 something though. I think we will be upgrading 3 rookies this year so I doubt we'll take many picks to the draft so a late pick might be enough.

Another Grigg-esque straight swap would be nice 😉

You can have Cam Polson and Darcy Lang !!!

We will grab him for nothing in the PSD then

You have very little cards to play with here.

Dont be silly.

If you dont think the club remembers the Yarran s**t you guys kept from us and also dragged out in trade week, you are foolish. Clubs dont forget when they get ****ed over. Whilst you may get Butler for peanuts, I wouldnt expect the Tigers to gift wrap him aswell.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dont be silly.

If you dont think the club remembers the Yarran s**t you guys kept from us and also dragged out in trade week, you are foolish. Clubs dont forget when they get f’ed over. Whilst you may get Butler for peanuts, I wouldnt expect the Tigers to gift wrap him aswell.

With all due respect, it was no state secret at the time that Chris Yarran had significant off field issues at the time, Tigers arguably didn't do enough due diligence at the time.

Anyhow you guys never told us what a pea hearted squib Andy Collins was in the Grigg trade, so I think we are even :D

With all due respect, it was no state secret at the time that Chris Yarran had significant off field issues at the time, Tigers arguably didn't do enough due diligence at the time.

Anyhow you guys never told us what a pea hearted squib Andy Collins was in the Grigg trade, so I think we are even :D

You take that back!

He was a very good footballer until you lot ruined him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Hey we offered you guys a 2nd rounder for Grigg which was a good pick due to our position on the ladder , But no you guys insisted Collins was your man.
what can we do.

But the Yarran deal was over the top with SOS demanding a 1st rounder for a player that you believe his situation was very well known

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hey we offered you guys a 2nd rounder for Grigg which was a good pick due to our position on the ladder , But no you guys insisted Collins was your man.
what can we do.

But the Yarran deal was over the top with SOS demanding a 1st rounder for a player that you believe his situation was very well known

We are not the only club that did this, Hawthorn did it to North with Jono Hay as well.

Are clubs actually obliged to disclose any off field issues/problems a player on the trade table has to other clubs? I don't think they should be tbh.

Back